For all general discussion to do with kits!

TOPIC: Mad Max 2 cars

Re: Mad Max 2 cars 5 years, 3 months ago #121

Platinum Boarder
Yes, coming along nicely. This will be a good one for sure. I like your card board box and the driver looks the part.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tomi

Re: Mad Max 2 cars 5 years, 3 months ago #122

Gold Boarder
Those cardboard boxes are nice touch indeed, there's also photo etch bolt cutters and crowbar. I might add some camouflage net from my own stash also, so interior will be more detailed than on Landau. But Max actually lives in that car so it's natural that it has more stuff around.

Re: Mad Max 2 cars 5 years, 3 months ago #123

Empty happy meal boxes perhaps

Re: Mad Max 2 cars 5 years, 3 months ago #124

Platinum Boarder
Probably not in post apocalyptic times. Maybe an animal trap or cage or corn on the cob or apples in a basket or box. What would he have???

Re: Mad Max 2 cars 5 years, 3 months ago #125

Gold Boarder
They are dog food boxes In the movie Max eats Dinki-Di dog food which is actual brand in Australia.

Re: Mad Max 2 cars 5 years, 2 months ago #126

Platinum Boarder
Hey, a new Avatar for Dinkydi. LOL

Re: Mad Max 2 cars 5 years, 2 months ago #127

Gold Boarder
Decided to start on base. It's roughly 41x17cm piece of 12mm plastic board (don't know commercial term for this material, it's something we use in work) with 3mm plywood as road. As asphalt I used piece material that is used to cover roofs of houses (don't know english name for this), as it had nice rough surface. Painted with Tamiya sky grey and added some yellow stripes, after that I sprayed some heavily thinned brown on surface.

Also noticed that because of the size of this thing, photographing is more of a challenge. Or it will be once this is finished and I need quality photos of this set up. Here's another peek of diorama:

Landau got some positive feedback on Finnish modeling site and it's this week's model of the week

Re: Mad Max 2 cars 5 years, 2 months ago #128

Platinum Boarder
In Canada we call it Plasti-board or Sheet Styrene. Used by railroad modelers and others. I have some here.
The roofing material we call Shingles. Asphalt Roofing Shingles.

Congratulations on making it to the Model of the Week, that is great.
Last Edit: 5 years, 2 months ago by Nobleco.

Re: Mad Max 2 cars 5 years, 2 months ago #129

Well done Tomi,
You are a celebrity now

Re: Mad Max 2 cars 5 years, 2 months ago #130

Platinum Boarder
Congratulations Tomi on the award of 'Model of the Week'.

Rollerman.

Re: Mad Max 2 cars 5 years, 2 months ago #131

Gold Boarder
Thanks guys! Here's couple more shots of base, this time with added dirt. Dirt is mixture of product called Easy Mud, reddish pigment and real dirt. It's still bit wet here so as it dries it will change color slightly. I also added half buried muffler as  a remnant of lost battles on the road.

The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Mad Max 2 cars 5 years, 2 months ago #132

Platinum Boarder
This looks really good and I see at least another week of Model of the Week coming. Should be Model of the Month.
A+++ Work

Re: Mad Max 2 cars 5 years, 2 months ago #133

Platinum Boarder
Routemaster Theo told me about this thread and I just took some time to follow it through.

One word: Amazing!!!

Re: Mad Max 2 cars 5 years, 2 months ago #134

Gold Boarder
Small update after busy weekend, Dog. Max has a companion, dog named Dog. This is a Australian cattle dog, and as figure is made of metal it's bit tricky to reposition. So I only sawed off his head and reattached it so that I can put him behind driver's seat, in film he is lying down when things heat up but in this occasion this is acceptable exception from real thing.

Re: Mad Max 2 cars 5 years, 2 months ago #135

Platinum Boarder
Nice touch.
Moderators: scalemodelrestoration