For all general discussion to do with kits!

TOPIC: Mad Max 2 cars

Re: Mad Max 2 Ford Landau 5 years, 3 months ago #106

Platinum Boarder
From our point of view, we see a well executed transformation from one model into another, what we don't see is the background trials and tribulations of what "Tomi" has gone through to get the finished model to such a high standard of finish and presented here. 

This is a good example of what can be done when you put your mind to it and have some modelling skills and from this single build we have been seeing from "Tomi" on this forum, it is clear he has plenty of modelling skills which will serve him well for virtually any further projects he decides to do, well done Tomi, you have pulled off a masterpiece and if I were on a judging panel for this, it would be an instant First place winner.

We look forward to your next project.

Rollerman.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tomi

Re: Mad Max 2 Ford Landau 5 years, 3 months ago #107

Platinum Boarder
A job well done and worth the wait to see it all complete. Nice work and a great theme. Are you doing any more from the Movie?

Re: Mad Max 2 Ford Landau 5 years, 3 months ago #108

Superb!

Re: Mad Max 2 Ford Landau 5 years, 3 months ago #109

Gold Boarder
Nobleco wrote:
A job well done and worth the wait to see it all complete. Nice work and a great theme. Are you doing any more from the Movie?

I'm going to take little breather but next is our hero's car, Max's black on black Interceptor. I'm going to use this same thread, I'll just have to edit headline a wee bit. Here's what I'm going for:

Nose cone is gone after rear ending Landau so that is biggest modification, there's also couple of little details that are bit off with the kit. Real challenge is to make good figure of Max...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: Mad Max 2 cars 5 years, 3 months ago #110

Gold Boarder
So, next up is hero car, mighty Interceptor. Once again Aoshima kit, and while that is great it has couple of issues.

Roof spoiler should be thin, instead it has molded wedge beneath it which must be removed to get right appearance. To make things more tricky it's also hollow, thanks Aoshima... I have already filled void from inside of the car (shows yellow in picture) with putty. Other and easier fix is missing step on the rear wheel flare:

So these two steps, and removing nose cone are first things to do.

Re: Mad Max 2 cars 5 years, 3 months ago #111

Gold Boarder
After today's work roof spoiler starts to look better:

...and those small steps also included. Nose is also cut:

The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Mad Max 2 cars 5 years, 3 months ago #112

You are a magician!

Re: Mad Max 2 cars 5 years, 3 months ago #113

Platinum Boarder
Looks great so far. Keep up the good work.

Re: Mad Max 2 cars 5 years, 3 months ago #114

Gold Boarder
Sneak preview of diorama I'm planning with these cars.

Re: Mad Max 2 cars 5 years, 3 months ago #115

Gold Boarder
Here's better angle to show work done on the roof spoiler, I also glued plastic strip to window opening so it looks like how it should when window and rubber seal has been removed.

As a bonus, here's picture of actual car (most probably replica)

The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Mad Max 2 cars 5 years, 3 months ago #116

Gold Boarder
Driver figure in works, once again combination of Tamiya (white bits) and Fujimi (grey bits). Fujimi set had suitable head, all it needed was haircut and if you squint your eyes it might just look like young Mel Gibson

Re: Mad Max 2 cars 5 years, 3 months ago #117

Platinum Boarder
Coming along nicely and I like that you combine different makers parts to get what you want.

Re: Mad Max 2 cars 5 years, 3 months ago #118

Gold Boarder
Here's another mock up, long range tanks in place. There will be couple of jerry cans and all sorts of misc items in the car, like dog food boxes and some tools.

Re: Mad Max 2 cars 5 years, 3 months ago #119

Gold Boarder
Interior nearly done, driver coming also quite nicely. Notice cardboard box on rear shelf, there's two of those included in the kit. Dinki-Di dog food

Re: Mad Max 2 cars 5 years, 3 months ago #120

fits like a glove
Moderators: scalemodelrestoration