Looking for a part, advice on how to build a custom, how to scratchbuild, paint or do something you've never tried before? Here's where to ask for assistance!

TOPIC: Base fixing screws

Re: Base fixing screws 7 years, 6 months ago #16

Gold Boarder
Here's what I use and can supply if your stuck...

they are an M2 screw with a 4mm diameter Head... Tap and Tapping size Drill

work very well an Matchbox, Hotwheels and many other makes...

also a one for the bigger Dinky Corgi etc.. models

I also do a Drill, Tap and Screw Kit specifically for the Corgi 267 Batmobile & Corgi 271 Jame Bond Aston Martin DB5... also a couple of others Chitty Bang Bang etc...

Andy

The following user(s) said Thank You: Drak

Re: Base fixing screws 7 years, 6 months ago #17

Platinum Boarder
Hi Andy, Thanks for that and i'll sure keep you in mind . At the moment I like the idea of Allen key heads as it sort of looks like a rivet but isn't, it appeals to my aethstetics while still being obvious that the car has been remodelled.

Re: Base fixing screws 7 years, 6 months ago #18

Platinum Boarder
Personally I also like the Allen Head screws but not flat head countersunk ones. I prefer the dome head with flat bottom. See picture below. These came from Dinkyboy.

Re: Base fixing screws 7 years, 6 months ago #19

Platinum Boarder
Drak, Nobleco,       Update.   No news, sooooooooo I am going to visit the store tomorrow and

hopefully have good news.

Overdue.  Just thought I tell you my plans. 

Hey, nice pictures Jim........

dinkyboy
Last Edit: 7 years, 6 months ago by DINKYBOY.

Re: Base fixing screws 7 years, 6 months ago #20

Platinum Boarder
Ok Erwin ta.

Yes Jim I also prefer the Button headed ones, though 3/8 (10mm) is a bit long for the 1/64's

Re: Base fixing screws 7 years, 6 months ago #21

Platinum Boarder
I cut mine down as they are also too long for most 1:43 scale cars too. I have a dremel with cutting wheels and they work very well. With the help of a little jewellers vise of course. I think you can get shorter ones through Erwin but you would have to check with him.

Re: Base fixing screws 7 years, 6 months ago #22

Gold Boarder
Here's a tip for cutting down any screw or bolts etc...

1st screw a nut on to the screw/bolt...

then cut you screw/bolt to the length you want... cut it with what ever your preferred method is... saw... cutters... dremel... other...

then un-screw the nut from the screw/bolt...

the nut will re-form any threads that have been damaged....

(I tend to use a stainless steel nut as it will be harder than the screw/bolt but most standard nuts will do as long as your screw/bolt in a mild or HT steel)

another tip is to mark the tapping size drill bit to the length/depth of the fastener... saves going to deep especially on the shorter rivet posts...

Andy

Last Edit: 7 years, 6 months ago by Code3_Customs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Base fixing screws 7 years, 6 months ago #23

Platinum Boarder
Drak, Andy,      Just the way I do it except I finish off the screw end with a metal file or 

a fine grinding wheel before i remove the nut.

Ok, here is what is what. The 1/76 NF any/all lenths no longer available. He tried other dealers to see if any stocked, noooooooooooooo body.

2/56 1/8 inch is shortest available and the most expensive = 100 count

@ $58.68 USD. reason because soooooooooo small.

Next size 2/56  3/16 inch long 100 @ $21.77 USD. 

Next size 2/56  1/4 inch long 100 @ $21.50 USD.

More longer sizes available.

The drill bits = #51 come in a 12 pack for $30.00 USD, I know I can

buy them as a single item for no more than $3.00 each somewhere 

else.

The flat bottom 2/56 tap is around $8.50 USD each.

I did not check on a "T Handle" for the tap, but I believe they are 

around  $5.00 USD each.

Shipping/postage depends on weight of total. I would pack it and 

have those supplies - no charge. Indiana sales tax is 7%.\

Drak, your call, let me know. 

If you already have purchased, not an issue. Just let me know. I would

buy and include sales receipt in the box. You will see the postage 

amount on the outside of the package. You reimburse me via paypal

after you get the package.

If this happens, I need your address, send me via PM.

I will be away late this evening and return on Tuesday 24 Dec.

I would purchase and post on Tuesday.    YOUR CALL.

Sorry it has taken this long to get to here.

dinkyboy

Re: Base fixing screws 7 years, 6 months ago #24

Platinum Boarder
Hi Erwin Thanks for the info, have sent you a PM

Re: Base fixing screws 7 years, 6 months ago #25

Platinum Boarder
Drak,     I am borrowing a friends computer, still out of town.

No PM received.........

dinkyboy

Re: Base fixing screws 7 years, 6 months ago #26

Platinum Boarder
Hi Erwin I have attempted to send you my PM message again, 4 times in fact but while the message page says message sent each time there is nothing showing in my In or Out box to show the message has gone out to you...very frustrating.

Can you send me a PM? perhaps I can send the message to you as a response?

worth a try anyway *shrug*
Last Edit: 7 years, 6 months ago by Drak.

Re: Base fixing screws 7 years, 6 months ago #27

Platinum Boarder
Drak, I have sent you a couple of PM's from different spots on the site. They may or may not get to you. What you can do is contact me at This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it and I can forward the message to Erwin for you. Then he can contact you or I can give you his email address if he does not mind,
I don't know what has happened to the PM system but I have asked Admin a number of times to get someone on it and have not had any luck. Don't know why.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Drak

Re: Base fixing screws 7 years, 6 months ago #28

Platinum Boarder
Drak,  Nobleco,         Same message to both of you, Jim thanks for the middleman offer. Let's use it.  Please use the emoc..........1 address. 

I shall wait to hear from both you and Drak.

As if this moment, 23 Dec 2013 1759Z   NO PM's recvd

dinkyboy

Re: Base fixing screws 7 years, 6 months ago #29

Platinum Boarder
Thanks for that Jim did receive your 2 PM's and have replied to each so hopefully you'll get them (fingers crossed)

Erwin I have send the message via Jim for him to forward on to you by email.

Let's hope they fix this problem soon.

Re: Base fixing screws 7 years, 5 months ago #30

Platinum Boarder
Both PM's received and I have given you instructions on what I do to get PM's to work. Lets see if it works for you.
Message forwarded to Erwin too.
Moderators: scalemodelrestoration