Wanted Humber Police Car by Micro Models Australia.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Looking for a part, advice on how to build a custom, how to scratchbuild, paint or do something you've never tried before? Here's where to ask for assistance!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Wanted Humber Police Car by Micro Models Australia.

Wanted Humber Police Car by Micro Models Australia. 8 years, 2 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
Hi all. Just got this months copy of Model Collector (Thanks Andy) And there is a fabulous article on early diecast Police Cars, showing a lot of what I have recently posted. But one that stands out that I don't have is the Micro Models Humber Police Car. Can any one give me some more info on this maker and model please. The mag also shows the Crescent box Dial 999 . If any one has this for sale or the Humber  I would dearly love to have them in my collection. Thanks guys.

Re: Wanted Humber Police Car by Micro Models Australia. 8 years, 2 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
A hard model to find this one is good luck.

Re: Wanted Humber Police Car by Micro Models Australia. 8 years, 2 months ago #3

That is a rare one... but some photo's to keep you going while you search...

Niall

Re: Wanted Humber Police Car by Micro Models Australia. 8 years, 2 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
Thanks Guys, Wow Niall that's not shown in the article as its only British Police Cars, the Holden Sedan was it blue as used by the Police in Oz ? That's the one Humber Super Snipe, Do they ever come up for sale ?

Re: Wanted Humber Police Car by Micro Models Australia. 8 years, 2 months ago #5

Re: Wanted Humber Police Car by Micro Models Australia. 8 years, 2 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
That's the one Thanks Mate. That's not a bad price too ?

Re: Wanted Humber Police Car by Micro Models Australia. 8 years, 2 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
There is a red Humber Super Snipe GB10 newly listed on Oz ebay. It doesn't have a police sign though and is a little pricey for my taste at a bid start price of $195.00 aus.

I tried to post the link but can't because I'm using Firefox!!! What's with that?

It's titled: Micro Models Humber Super Snipe GB10.

Re: Wanted Humber Police Car by Micro Models Australia. 8 years, 2 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
It's great to know they come up occasionally, thank you, but I'd best save my pennies for the Police one.

Re: Wanted Humber Police Car by Micro Models Australia. 8 years, 2 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
The Micro Humber always commands a good price much like the Vauxhall.

I think you collect English police cars so the Holden won't interest you that much ?

The blue one shown is I think a repaint, I have the FJ version.

Re: Wanted Humber Police Car by Micro Models Australia. 8 years, 2 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
That's a nice FJ Malcolm, I know i'm going to sound ignorant here but If one doesn't ask one doesn't know. What's the wire out the back of yours and the blue one? Crude aerial?

Re: Wanted Humber Police Car by Micro Models Australia. 8 years, 2 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
Yes an aerial, it's usually the first thing to disappear from the model.
Last Edit: 8 years, 2 months ago by Dinkydi.

Re: Wanted Humber Police Car by Micro Models Australia. 8 years, 2 months ago #12

Platinum Boarder
Now and again Taz1960neil on Ebay from New Zealand sometimes has the police and Taxi zamak signs for those that have become lost fell off during rough play or whatever. They come in handy if a person wants to buy a plain Humber and convert it. Otherwise I think there might be a long wait but then again they may be one come onboard just around the corner.

Re: Wanted Humber Police Car by Micro Models Australia. 8 years, 2 months ago #13

Platinum Boarder
Then again you could buy this one at the starting bid on eBay Australia for $195 AUD.

It looks original Australian Made although I think it has new rubber tyres on it.  Now the paint looks like it has been touched up with a brush.

Re: Wanted Humber Police Car by Micro Models Australia. 8 years, 2 months ago #14

Platinum Boarder
Thanks one and all for all your input on this subject. A week ago I didn't know this model existed. Yes I am a Brit Police car collector, but those 2 Holdens look beautiful and I could be easily tempted. And thank you my friend for posting the ebay link to the red civilian Humber. I couldn't bring myself to repaint this black and turn it in to a Police car. That would be sacrilege as she is so rare. But thanks all the same. please guys, keep your eyes out for a Police version. I really appreciate this input. Thank you all, Vaughan

Re: Wanted Humber Police Car by Micro Models Australia. 8 years, 2 months ago #15

Platinum Boarder
Unless they are in this condition then it becomes the big question and then debate swings strongly for some kind restoration.

Cheers
Last Edit: 8 years, 2 months ago by GunnerJim.
  • Page:
Moderators: scalemodelrestoration