Can anyone identify these vintage model cars?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Looking for a part, advice on how to build a custom, how to scratchbuild, paint or do something you've never tried before? Here's where to ask for assistance!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Can anyone identify these vintage model cars?

Re: Can anyone identify these vintage model cars? 8 years, 10 months ago #16

Platinum Boarder
JessyDO1, ..... still waiting for those pic's..........

dinkyboy

Re: Can anyone identify these vintage model cars? 8 years, 10 months ago #17

I think you'll find these are generic promotional cars and are imports from Japan. There is an outside chance that these are Zee toys. If sold in the USA, and imported, they should have at least a "made in (country of origin)" mark on them someplace visible on the base (bottom) of the car. Also check where the license plate would be for a manufactures name or mark. Sometimes the plate is the makers mark. Also look for either an "R" in a circle or a "TM" someplace on the car. If this is a licensed model, there should be a used under license or registered trademark notation someplace on the model.

Re: Can anyone identify these vintage model cars? 8 years, 10 months ago #18

Platinum Boarder
I wouldn't have a clue

Re: Can anyone identify these vintage model cars? 8 years, 10 months ago #19

Platinum Boarder
JessyDO1,   I guess I was thinking about the car makers and years, not the toy manufacturer. If the bottom plate is held on by screws, there may be some identifying mark(s) inside on the plastic. The plastic bodies look to have accurate detail except for the seats. It also looks like the T birds and Galaxy lost the roofs. The grill/bumper casting of the T Birds looks some what lower scale.

Anyway, if the base plate is removable, do it.........

Still waiting for the pictures......

dinklyboy
Last Edit: 8 years, 10 months ago by DINKYBOY.

Re: Can anyone identify these vintage model cars? 8 years, 10 months ago #20

Fresh Boarder
I don't have a camera capable of taking a really good close up picture...  But I did find the word Japan written on the interior of the car, in the passenger side floor board.  They do have one screw on the bottom at the center of the rear end.  So these are promotional imports from Japan I am assuming.
  • Page:
Moderators: scalemodelrestoration