Can anyone identify these vintage model cars?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Looking for a part, advice on how to build a custom, how to scratchbuild, paint or do something you've never tried before? Here's where to ask for assistance!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Can anyone identify these vintage model cars?

Can anyone identify these vintage model cars? 9 years, 4 months ago #1

Fresh Boarder
I have searched and searched and can find no information on these cars.  All I know is that they were my father's.  He was born in the 1950's, but they could have came from another source to him I suppose.  They appear to be made of plastic.  There are no brand marks or maker's marks.  The bottoms of all of these are solid black.  Does anyone know what they are and how old they are?  They are not in very good condition, but I would also like to know if they're worth anything at all.  I found a listing with one of the white cars on eBay.  It was described as a 1950's Chevy Korrs Kar but I could find no other information to support this.  Thank you so much for your help!!!

Re: Can anyone identify these vintage model cars? 9 years, 4 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
they look 1960s to me and also they're Ford.

Car dealers used to sell or give them with the car that was sold.

Elvis Presley used to have a ford Thunderbird similar to the two white ones you got there... he bought it for his Momma.
Last Edit: 9 years, 4 months ago by RVREVO.

Re: Can anyone identify these vintage model cars? 9 years, 4 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
Perhaps a base's picture could help. No idea yet.

Re: Can anyone identify these vintage model cars? 9 years, 4 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
The green one I think is a 63 Chev, the 2 white ones are Thunderbirds but are incomplete or broken. The red one looks to be a 61 Ford but a closer photo would be nice to varify this. It also looks incomplete.

Unfortunately the missing parts will reduce any value that these models may have had.

I don't think these are promotional models as the baseplate is normally body colour.

Re: Can anyone identify these vintage model cars? 9 years, 4 months ago #5

Fresh Boarder
By a picture of the base, do you mean a picture of the bottom of these?  (You can probably tell I'm not much of a 'car person'.)

Re: Can anyone identify these vintage model cars? 9 years, 4 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
noted.

just flip the cars upside down and if you can make a sharp photo of it. We might be able to identify it by the markings.

some model cars were limited to their locality, in this case America. But they could easily have been made in Japan or Hong Kong

Re: Can anyone identify these vintage model cars? 9 years, 4 months ago #7

Fresh Boarder
I can take a picture when I get home but the bottoms are just solid black plastic.  There are no words, no company logos, no designs, no anything.

Re: Can anyone identify these vintage model cars? 9 years, 4 months ago #8

Administrator
Interesting models - how big are they? And do they have friction motors?

Re: Can anyone identify these vintage model cars? 9 years, 4 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
JessyDO1, Closer in-focus pictures of front, side, rear would help, but what I see currently,

green/white = 1963 Chevy Impala

red = 1963 Ford Galaxy

white =  2 Ford  T birds. 1961-1963.  The difference is side chrome or rear quarter panel applicays. 

1961 had 4 chrome thin straight pieces stacked vertically in front of rear tail lights.

1962 had 3 small lateral trailing end to end front to back on the sides,  behind doors.

1963 had 3  lateral trailing end to end with an angled trailing design mounted on the doors.

dinkyboy
Last Edit: 9 years, 4 months ago by DINKYBOY.

Re: Can anyone identify these vintage model cars? 9 years, 4 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
JessyD01 wrote:
By a picture of the base, do you mean a picture of the bottom of these?  (You can probably tell I'm not much of a 'car person'.)

Yes ! Worm's eye in a certain way.

Re: Can anyone identify these vintage model cars? 9 years, 4 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
some companies would engrave the wheels or tyres.

Re: Can anyone identify these vintage model cars? 9 years, 4 months ago #12

Fresh Boarder
I will get better close up pictures of these in a day or so, my job keeps me very busy!  but they are about 6 inches long or so, and there really isn't that much detail to any of them.  There are no identifying marks anywhere on these.

Re: Can anyone identify these vintage model cars? 9 years, 4 months ago #13

Platinum Boarder
still there may be some identifying feature about the base, the texture of the material the way it is molded etc that can give a clue. Just because they are plain does not rule out that they can not be identified.

Re: Can anyone identify these vintage model cars? 9 years, 4 months ago #14

Junior Boarder
Try entering Promotional model cars in your eBay search. You should be able to find similar cars there. Hope this helps.

Re: Can anyone identify these vintage model cars? 9 years, 4 months ago #15

Platinum Boarder
Good Idea Stealthman Deserves a karma
  • Page:
Moderators: scalemodelrestoration