\'66 Falcon Tail Lights & Charger Stripes
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Looking for a part, advice on how to build a custom, how to scratchbuild, paint or do something you've never tried before? Here's where to ask for assistance!
  • Page:

TOPIC: \'66 Falcon Tail Lights & Charger Stripes

\'66 Falcon Tail Lights & Charger Stripes 11 years, 10 months ago #1

hey all! Got a problem. I recently aquired a 1/25 scale AMT Ford Falcon promo model. I got it with a destroyed top and broken glass! I\'m rebuilding it and it\'s nearlyncomplete. But I am missing the red tail light lenses and their chrome bezels.I was thinking the custommparts from the \'61 to \'63 AMT Ford Galaxies would work there nicely, as they are \"stand alone\" parts and not molded into a grill of any kind. So I need the 2 tail light chrome bezels and the 2 red lenses. Any help would be appreciated!
Also, I\'m looking for the black \"bumble bee\" stripes for the 1/25 scale \'68 Charger. I need one, possibly 2 of those. Let me know what you would want for any of these. Thanks for your time.
__66_Falcon_7.jpg

Re:\'66 Falcon Tail Lights & Charger Stripes 11 years, 10 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Hippie, send me pics of the stripe if you can. I might be able to make them for you. Just as long as there is no stand alone white. Jim

Re:\'66 Falcon Tail Lights & Charger Stripes 11 years, 10 months ago #3

OK, This is where I\'m actually going to use this stripe. I need it to finish my AMX, and the \'68 Charger just happens tomuse the exact same stripe! It\'s all black, 5/16th inch wide by 6 inches long. That will allow plenty to go over the roof.
Green_AMX_2.jpg

Re:\'66 Falcon Tail Lights & Charger Stripes 11 years, 10 months ago #4

Green_AMX_6.jpg

Re:\'66 Falcon Tail Lights & Charger Stripes 11 years, 10 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
looks like another job for Super Corel LOL

Re:\'66 Falcon Tail Lights & Charger Stripes 11 years, 10 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
I have the power of 8 and 10 in Corel .. 11 and 12 are not loaded yet... Is that 5/16 wide for each large stripe? two of them and the thin stripe beside is what, less than a 1/16\".   Give me total width and the width of each large stripe and the space. I can figure the rest and send you a page of stripping. Proofs first so you can try them out for size.
Let me know

Re:\'66 Falcon Tail Lights & Charger Stripes 11 years, 10 months ago #7

DOH!!! I didn\'t specify!! That\'s 5/16 inch TOTAL WIDTH! Sorry \'bout that!

Re:\'66 Falcon Tail Lights & Charger Stripes 11 years, 10 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
would this be printed on a clear decal, Jim? I don\'t see a colour match to be made so close with the thin and thick stripe gap.

Re:\'66 Falcon Tail Lights & Charger Stripes 11 years, 10 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
Yes, on clear decal paper. I would have to have the car here for an exact color match otherwise. Easy to do with the laser printer and I will make a sheet for him. By the time he gets it, it will be very dry and not bleed. Yes, even laser black will bleed off clear. Not White but clear. Maybe the coating>??

Re:\'66 Falcon Tail Lights & Charger Stripes 11 years, 10 months ago #10

Yes, it\'s a clear backing. Just make it a dark as you can so it doesn\'t let any color bleed thru. Man that stripe is gonna complete the look, as all AMX\'s had stripes like that for \'68 and \'69. I think there was black, whte and red for different color combinations. Make this one as black as you can!! LOL!

Re:\'66 Falcon Tail Lights & Charger Stripes 11 years, 10 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
No problem James and I will test it out too. I am really busy right now but should be able to get at it early this week. Just had an order come in and have to invoice my customers and list the remainder on my store. All take time.

Re:\'66 Falcon Tail Lights & Charger Stripes 11 years, 10 months ago #12

No problem! Business comes first! Just do it when you can. After I get the stripe on it I got one more part to add, then it will be done!

Re:\'66 Falcon Tail Lights & Charger Stripes 11 years, 10 months ago #13

Platinum Boarder
Well I Have the stripes done and they are drying. Coat them later today. I will email you a JPG file so you can print and try them out with paper and let me know what you think.

Re:\'66 Falcon Tail Lights & Charger Stripes 11 years, 10 months ago #14

Ok Great! Send that thru Yahoo and then I can view itmbetter.
  • Page:
Moderators: scalemodelrestoration