Looking for a part, advice on how to build a custom, how to scratchbuild, paint or do something you've never tried before? Here's where to ask for assistance!
  • Page:

TOPIC: White Truck

White Truck 9 years, 2 months ago #1

Senior Boarder
I know that my question is not related to toys, but I found interesting truck which could be easy to build as a scale model scratch and I know that among collectors there are also truck experts. Dont you, guys, know some details about the truck shown below? Anything would be appreciated. Thanks in advance, Jan Mostek, Prague, Czech republic.

Re: White Truck 9 years, 2 months ago #2

Not one I've seen before. Looks like it was based on the 3000 cab over series. Interesting design. Filling the gap between the cab and trailer would have improved fuel mileage, and makes for a large sleeping area behind the seats. That was a huge sleeper for the time period. They sure made great use of available space.

Re: White Truck 9 years, 2 months ago #3

Senior Boarder
Yes, oldtruck56, you are right, the truck is built on White 3000 COE, the front grill is taken over this truck, only the cab seems to me higher than on original, and of course the cab and wb is longer. My idea is to use the 1/24 White  as a reference for the chassis and possibly copy smaller parts in resin (grill, wheels, maybe also springs or axle)
Last Edit: 9 years, 2 months ago by Jan Mostek.

Re: White Truck 9 years, 2 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
Would like to have this in diecast form.

Re: White Truck 9 years, 2 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Looks kind of like the Dinky Horse box.

Re: White Truck 9 years, 2 months ago #6

Senior Boarder
It is not a horse-box-like van, it is semitrailer with tractor, with minimalised gaps between cab and semitrailer body.
Last Edit: 9 years, 2 months ago by Jan Mostek.
  • Page:
Moderators: scalemodelrestoration