Revell 1/25th Can-Do Wrecker Wanted
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Looking for a part, advice on how to build a custom, how to scratchbuild, paint or do something you've never tried before? Here's where to ask for assistance!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Revell 1/25th Can-Do Wrecker Wanted

Revell 1/25th Can-Do Wrecker Wanted 9 years, 7 months ago #1

Fresh Boarder
Hi, I'm a model builder/collector. I collect and build strictly 1/24th and 1/25th scale model cars and trucks but mainly the 1/25th scale models. I'm looking to purchase the out of production 1/25th scale Revell of Germany #7541 Can-Do Peterbuilt Wrecker kit. I am also looking for the 1/25th scale Revell of Germany #7540 Car Transporter Trailer kit. These kits have eluded me or if they do showup, they are WAY out of my price range. I am disabled and build models for therapy. Either or both of these should be NIB and UNBUILT. You can contact me directly at [email protected] as I don't monitor this website on a daily basis and might not get your message soon enough but I DO subscribe to the replies. Thanks much, Have an Awesome Day!!!  Kenny. 

Re: Revell 1/25th Can-Do Wrecker Wanted 9 years, 7 months ago #2

Hi Kenny, best of luck with the model kits. The last time I saw the
Revell Pete wrecker it was 179.00 and climbing. There was a guy that had
one on eBay as a buy it now, but as you said, way out of the price
range. The car hauler turns up from time to time, but again very
expensive. You're looking for two of the most expensive kits on the
market, and anything from Revell of Germany is way over priced because
of the import costs. When new the Peterbilt wrecker was 120.00 USD at least here in my area, and you can bet it will be more than that if you can find one. I think the only way you will find a deal on one is if it is opened and part built or missing parts. I've been looking myself, and know what you're going through.

Re: Revell 1/25th Can-Do Wrecker Wanted 9 years, 7 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
Here's an example of the latter: an incomplete, partly built kit:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/REVELL-7541-PETERBILT-ITALERI-ROAD-COMMANDER-US-WRECKING-794-KIT-SPARE-PARTS-/160672131262?pt=Modellismo_Statico&hash=item2568ce28be

Even this messed up jumble is selling for €100, so finding a good, unopened complete kit sounds like quite a task.

Re: Revell 1/25th Can-Do Wrecker Wanted 9 years, 7 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
Here's a complete, unbuilt body, quoting:

"You are buying the Revell Peterbilt Can-Do Wrecker body only from this kit, 1/25 scale. You get all the parts to make the complete wrecker body, all the chrome etc. You also get the sleeper roof hazard light bar.  There are NO wheels or tires or cab,frame included in this sale, just the wrecker body is for sale. Instructions will be included. The Can-Do decals are not included in this sale. These are in perfect condition and if you want these you can contact me after the sale."

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/REVELL-PETERBILT-CAN-DO-WRECKER-BODY-ONLY-1-25-/150687165864?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2315a7ada8

Current price is $80!!!

I know this is not exactly what you asked for, but it serves to underline how difficult your task will be. I wish you good luck.

Re: Revell 1/25th Can-Do Wrecker Wanted 9 years, 7 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Oh, this is a lot better!!! Here's a boxed, unbuilt #7540 transporter at a very good price. Of course, that could all change with 5 days to go on the auction, but...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Revell-1-25-Car-Transporter-07540-/220886441975?pt=UK_ToysGames_ModelKits_ModelKits_JN&hash=item336ddb9ff7
  • Page:
Moderators: scalemodelrestoration