Looking for a part, advice on how to build a custom, how to scratchbuild, paint or do something you've never tried before? Here's where to ask for assistance!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Need help finding this

Need help finding this 4 years, 9 months ago #1

Fresh Boarder
Hi not sure if this is the right place to be putting this question,its an odd one and I've hit a wall looking for this just joined this forum this is prob best place to ask,

I'm looking for a set that would have been out in the mid 1990's,i think it was made by corgi and I think was part of the auto city range.

I have found something similar on eBay with green car park but I'm fairly sure that not it ,

It had a 4/5 story car park in the middle and had a little car showroom underneath with working light,a two lane road went around the outside 

I have been searching for ages but can't find anything 

Sorry the description is vague

Re: Need help finding this 4 years, 9 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
I am sure someone can help you here. My knowledge is only Corgi from 1956 till 1970.
Last Edit: 4 years, 9 months ago by Keesie.

Re: Need help finding this 4 years, 9 months ago #3

Nice avatar btw!
I have not heard of the set you are looking for. Perhaps Rollerman knows?

Re: Need help finding this 4 years, 9 months ago #4

Fresh Boarder
Cheers mate actually I think it might have first came out very late 1980s if some here selling one all the better not sure I'm that lucky though is there a sub forum where I'd be better posting this?

Re: Need help finding this 4 years, 9 months ago #5

Fresh Boarder
Thanks yeah I like that model,yeah can't find anything bout it anywhere which means could be rare it's probably not cheap,t here a pic of the one I have seen its similar but pretty sure that's not it,as far as I can remember it didn't have a bridge and was a different colour...mabe a European version?

The following user(s) said Thank You: TheRollerman

Re: Need help finding this 4 years, 9 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
This is a difficult one to call. 'Auto-City' name has been used by Mattel (for Hot Wheels) and Corgi as shown above.

If the garage was not from one of the 'Branded' companies, it has come from a general toy Doll's House and garage supplier of which a few existed in the UK and presumably other companies outside the UK.

Ideally a few more clues as to what was on the garage such as plastic signs (Shell or Esso signs etc), or other fitments may help to find the garage you are looking for.

If it was mostly made of plastic it is likely to be of Hong Kong manufacture. If it was Wood based (the base board and construction of the showroom building section), it may well have come from 'Toy Works' a company supplying the bigger garages to Mettoy (Corgi) during the 1970's with a factory in Bideford, North Devon.

This is where I learnt my screen printing knowledge and a lot of Corgi stuff could be seen and when I first went there I thought it was a Corgi factory but was a private toy company building Doll's houses and garages for mail order, retail stores and parent toy companies like Mettoy.

Rollerman.
The following user(s) said Thank You: karls

Re: Need help finding this 4 years, 9 months ago #7

Fresh Boarder
Thanks for your reply rollerman some interesting stuff there 

Unfortunately I don't remember specific detail like that I had it when I was a child.its wasn't a garage as such it was jus a car park like the one above and at the bottom was a little manual turntable and a light it was surrounded by a two lane road and a single road through the middle and was all made from plastic..oh and it came with signs traffic lights and far as I remember it came with a red Porsche 911 too that's why I think it's corgi ot mabe even matchbox?

Unfortunately that's about all I remember do remember it gave ne hours of playtime

Re: Need help finding this 4 years, 9 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
I just did a google search for images and found the one you have posted above. There was also one by Majorette that was different colors but also a 4 storey park. Did not find a picture showing it complete, just the garage. Do a search for Majorette Corgi Auto City and you should be able to find that.

Edit: Just did a search for Majorette Auto City and found some more different ones. Take a look at the images when you search.

Also look at Toy Parking Garages, that turned up a whole bunch of different one, most I have never seen before.
Last Edit: 4 years, 9 months ago by Nobleco.

Re: Need help finding this 4 years, 9 months ago #9

Fresh Boarder

I did a quick search there bit just found one image on a French auction site it was to blurry to be sure I did find this though forgot about this blast from the past here I loved this

Re: Need help finding this 4 years, 9 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
Great play value in that toy set up. Love the freighter and what a great idea.

Re: Need help finding this 4 years, 9 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
Got a friend in the UK who is extremely good at sourcing rare sets that were likely forgotten stock.

No promises tho

Re: Need help finding this 4 years, 9 months ago #12

Platinum Boarder
Can't be French, no trawler blockade or roadblock!!!!

Re: Need help finding this 4 years, 9 months ago #13

Fresh Boarder
Yeah that was a great set nobleco the front opens up and cars inside was great fun if I saw one pop up on eBay I prob buy it for the crac 

Thank rvrevo that would be great still no joy finding it
  • Page:
Moderators: scalemodelrestoration