Von Braun,s Saturn V - F1 Engine 1/20
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Here's the section for Apollo rocket models, Sputnik kits and more!

TOPIC: Von Braun,s Saturn V - F1 Engine 1/20

Re:Von Braun,s Saturn V - F1 Engine 1/20 10 years, 12 months ago #31

Do you have a problem with the paint lifting off the zilver plate when you remove the masking tape?

Re:Von Braun,s Saturn V - F1 Engine 1/20 10 years, 12 months ago #32

Junior Boarder
No oldtruck56 ,,

you would think, but all the parts where the primer and paint would be, since everything must be light rubbing, considerable work, otherwise you can destroy the paint or draw themselves could go after loose flaking

I always sanding, primer, paint and not let the paint dry as masking the taper is still on (I always wait 5 minutes and then remove the masking tape

Re:Von Braun,s Saturn V - F1 Engine 1/20 10 years, 12 months ago #33

Junior Boarder
all parts of the kit are used ..... The last two motor mounts put together and then gently takes away some paint on the sticky parts ... and then two last sections mounted ... thna the decals on it .....
I am in doubt whether I have some work to do about scraths details about additional hardware lines / cables and some boxes ... in real life is much more ...

But than the F1 egine on the support abd so it fitted exactly ....

Now the little details and the bottom of the diorama in a show and make some extra hardware mabe ...

So far ,,, next topic are the last photo,s of this model

Re:Von Braun,s Saturn V - F1 Engine 1/20 10 years, 11 months ago #34

Junior Boarder
Completion is as usual,,, I am still waiting on an engraving plate,,,, in the meantime,,,, I spent with BOB,,, um not know who bob is(not the builder) but the mechanic of nasa ..... He has the receivers take F1 engine manufacturer Rocketdyne and performs an inspection ..... Unfortunately, engineers do not always accomplish something good and that was with bob also a nut case not been running and there was a pool of hydraulic oil on the floor ....

Bob, I bought in the Uk for an amount of 3 euro , his head was off,,,, no problem, as it glues its head and a neck holder with earplugs to his neck and no frackture more ... I have made for a bob nasa badge for on his shirt and made for him an A4 clipboard holder for further instruction, s ...... Reserve pipe with a link .....

About the oil pool was something figure out ...... I first try with varnish and let dry .... but the result was not good enough ..... remained weak .....
Whent to the kitchen but take 6 tablespoons sugar and a little water and boil it a little syrupy oil .... in a puddle and cast and to seesaw a few minutes off a golden color in oil pee ..... So it helped maintain the paste then a layer of clear coat and wahlaaaah ..... no longer sticky paste.

It is now waiting on the engraving plate and suddenly everything can be finished for the whole diorama picture .....

so far ...

Re:Von Braun,s Saturn V - F1 Engine 1/20 10 years, 11 months ago #35

Junior Boarder
Well folks,,,

The Projeckt F1 engine is over ,,,,, to the last detail and made the diorama .... ,,, As the key moment in the F1,,, the oil puddle on the floor ...... the text image and some details of the chalice as the white mount points for the insulation blankets (I hope it is the right name) and as an extra option in the red cloth cover to the inside of the combustion chamber to protect .... is removable ....

I am satisfied with the final result.

close topic .......

Re:Von Braun,s Saturn V - F1 Engine 1/20 10 years, 11 months ago #36

Excellent! The hydraulic oil puddle is a very nice touch, as is Bob. The gold chain he\'s wearing is a nice detail. Very nicely done, thank you for sharing your work.

Re:Von Braun,s Saturn V - F1 Engine 1/20 10 years, 11 months ago #37

Junior Boarder
Thanks oldtruck56 ,,,

It,s now to see in a german space museum ....

Bubble