Von Braun,s Saturn V - F1 Engine 1/20
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Here's the section for Apollo rocket models, Sputnik kits and more!

TOPIC: Von Braun,s Saturn V - F1 Engine 1/20

Re:Von Braun,s Saturn V - F1 Engine 1/20 11 years ago #16

Platinum Boarder
GunnerJim wrote:
So far Bubbles you pictures if any haven\'t shown up. How are you loading them onto Toy Collector.

All OK now I had to defrag computer and get rid of a heap of cookies the ones you cannot eat which was dragging power crunching time.

Nice project and is coming along fine.

Re:Von Braun,s Saturn V - F1 Engine 1/20 11 years ago #17

Junior Boarder
Thanks GunnerJim ,,, But the support stand is ready, lift and carry out construktie is connected after all was painted ..... when the decals on it and now are a little clear coat out ..... I have one label also clung SAFETY ..... It is now awaiting om the f1 trust chamber of the electro plater .....
So Far .............
Last Edit: 11 years ago by bubble.

Re:Von Braun,s Saturn V - F1 Engine 1/20 11 years ago #18

Platinum Boarder
What is the filler mix that you used with the suringe between the exhaust manifold and the turbine thrust chamber. I noticed too, that for a prefect fit a little bubble level is being used.

The locating pins that were placed in the main chamber. Is that for re-locating for disassembling and assembling when completed after painting.

Pictures of the original shows the true demensions of this engine.

Re:Von Braun,s Saturn V - F1 Engine 1/20 11 years ago #19

Junior Boarder
GunnerJim wrote:
What is the filler mix that you used with the suringe between the exhaust manifold and the turbine thrust chamber. I noticed too, that for a prefect fit a little bubble level is being used. The locating pins that were placed in the main chamber. Is that for re-locating for disassembling and assembling when completed after painting. Pictures of the original shows the true demensions of this engine.

Hi Gunnerjim ,,,

the filler mix is a iron hold mix .... on the chamber will be come first a copper layer and than a zilver layer ,,, the F1 engine is than most for 80 % of metal .... over the the zilver layer the will come paint details more darker kine,s .... yes and the pins are for ( re-locating) later for again new drill of holes ... because there is a new layer metal over ....  so i can find correct the holes ....

over the the treu foto,s ,there are few versions of the F1 by details and color use .... i make the early test version with more red details , this version is to see at  United States Space and Rocket Center

Re:Von Braun,s Saturn V - F1 Engine 1/20 11 years ago #20

Junior Boarder
But the engine bell came in today and as soon as I had not expected, I could almost turn out the light in this silver bling bling ..... the man has delivered a masterpiece, all details have remained high in terms of depth and edges ....

I can part with, start taping s .....

So Far ...........

Re:Von Braun,s Saturn V - F1 Engine 1/20 11 years ago #21

Platinum Boarder
So by the looks of it so far, you have sent the main engine chamber (or Bell) out to be chromed plated.

Re:Von Braun,s Saturn V - F1 Engine 1/20 11 years ago #22

Your plate guy does nice work! Is this resin, plastic or a combination of both?

Re:Von Braun,s Saturn V - F1 Engine 1/20 11 years ago #23

Junior Boarder
No GunnerJim ,,,

The first layer copper and than real zilver ,,

Re:Von Braun,s Saturn V - F1 Engine 1/20 11 years ago #24

Junior Boarder
Well people, a little update,,, the Masking tape was received yesterday,,, and masking could start ... a lot must be masked with many small details .... only the weather would not work with the spraying of a first primer, so it is waiting ....

So Far ............

Re:Von Braun,s Saturn V - F1 Engine 1/20 11 years ago #25

Junior Boarder
Well the first layer of primer and coatings are there ... but the rest silver something be torn.
I have used for cigarettes as a wet roll of wax rips up high speed when the first light primer layer on top, which allow to dry, and then mix the colors on it, then very quickly all parts masking peeled off, for it was dry otherwise the paint could go tear ....
I am happy with the first result, the hard silver contour edges are nicely after that and the details, so tomorrow should wash out the dark for the deeper parts and details ..... and then spray the inside ...

So Far ...................

Re:Von Braun,s Saturn V - F1 Engine 1/20 11 years ago #26

Junior Boarder
needlework done much today, the first engine fitted to the outside weathering.
than the engin inside painted with different colors in a mix.
than the injector plate and ring sprayed and placed in the combustion chamber and placed the chamber on the engine and then placed the heat exchanger on the engine bell ....

So Far ................

Re:Von Braun,s Saturn V - F1 Engine 1/20 11 years ago #27

Junior Boarder
Now the building is well,,,, head for the pipe connection is down and they fit well with details ... Then the pipes were in the queue first and then reassembled and gluing everything fit Than transitions and light filled with filler and then that was the usual dry primer paint layers.
I chose red, as he exhibited in Washington State ... with protective covers for the pipes ....

I have also been drilling the holes for the engine mounts to the F-1 to contribute to the support car ... by the book now have the pipes to be installed, but I do it later, otherwise it is difficult for any other white metal parts to place ...The lines are almost finished on the decals from .... and small details ... I\'ve temporarily fixed it after some sanding to remove some paint thickening qua ... order to fit ....

http://www.modelbrouwers.nl/albums/coppermine/albums/userpics/11717/Afbeelding_011_%282%29%

So Far...................

Re:Von Braun,s Saturn V - F1 Engine 1/20 10 years, 12 months ago #28

Junior Boarder
I now started the white metal parts, all thin lines that are linked together.
the model is almost finished after this photo series is ernog an update to the finish with decals and details and then the final photo, s, with the dioramas at all ....

So far .............

Re:Von Braun,s Saturn V - F1 Engine 1/20 10 years, 12 months ago #29

Excellent build! You\'ve really done a great job on this, very realistic.

Re:Von Braun,s Saturn V - F1 Engine 1/20 10 years, 12 months ago #30

Junior Boarder
Thanks Oldtruck56 ,,,

It,s a pleasure to building it

Today spent the last four lines, the first two lines made passent .. then assembled and then the two vertical lines on the combustion chamber.
Tomorrow the last two places and the motor mounts decals and some minor details and then the F1 is almost ready

So Far