Von Braun,s Saturn V - F1 Engine 1/20
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Here's the section for Apollo rocket models, Sputnik kits and more!

TOPIC: Von Braun,s Saturn V - F1 Engine 1/20

Von Braun,s Saturn V - F1 Engine 1/20 11 years, 1 month ago #1

Junior Boarder
Hello people ,,
Here the beginning of the construction of the most advanced powerful (for that period) rocket engine, the Saturn V F1.

9903405.jpg

Re:Von Braun,s Saturn V - F1 Engine 1/20 11 years, 1 month ago #2

Junior Boarder
Here a test engine via youtube:

This model is only made for a limit edition, and a must have for the real-space collectors.
It is a scale 1 / 20 version with many resin parts, photo etch, zinc and iron and copper parts and plastic ...

Re:Von Braun,s Saturn V - F1 Engine 1/20 11 years, 1 month ago #3

Junior Boarder

Re:Von Braun,s Saturn V - F1 Engine 1/20 11 years, 1 month ago #4

Junior Boarder
The kit of Accurate Models

now picture box with the contents:

(Photo, s of ninfinger) thanks to Sven Knudson ...

Re:Von Braun,s Saturn V - F1 Engine 1/20 11 years, 1 month ago #5

Junior Boarder
I,m just started sanding the four major sections ... namely:

nozzle extension (bottom of the cup)

turbine exhaust manifold (center ring portion, turbo gas compressor)

Thrust chamber (upper part Coniche, room acceleration)

heat exchanger (connected to turbine exhaust, heat exchanger)

There are still plenty of berries to be removed and then sheds light in order ...

The correct preparation of the resin grinding is a must because of annoying dust, a good extraction, rubber gloves, the gloves are also handy on any fat fingers to leave because of the cool pears later .....
At the close up photo, s it is good to see the fine details .... .... So more cautious and take time ....

I hope that my english is to read a little ...

so far..............

Re:Von Braun,s Saturn V - F1 Engine 1/20 11 years, 1 month ago #6

Junior Boarder
seen this one chalice electroplating treatment is desirable given the nearly two parts glue kept free, so I chose to use little metal pins to get everything together to assemble ... they are quite a few, but it is stuck like a house ... Then the contour line milescuul gelegt with filler and then afterwards to dry after sanding to remove a whole ...
Furthermore, since the turbine exhaust and the finished ring that is already provided with two pins and then can be clicked without glue, this pool is ting one time right (with mini-level) or I have problems later in the installation of heat exchanger to the gimbal as shown in the previous picture ... the pipes would be no more than once fit well .....

so far

Re:Von Braun,s Saturn V - F1 Engine 1/20 11 years, 1 month ago #7

Junior Boarder
But today is spent with the engine, I have the edge (crack) between the exhaust manifold and turbine thrust chamber sealed ... then let harden section piece by piece and then pressed flat, it needs some brushing ... In the meantime, this turbine exhaust manifold ring sound level down and it can now dry. when the turbine exhaust custom drilled 2 holes and then finished and placed a ring (level), this ring or ring reinforcement ensures the stability of the turbine and exhaust heat exchanger .... tomorrow things neat and some abraded hole mount prep match before when a metal layer is about come over it ... ..................

so far

Last Edit: 11 years, 1 month ago by bubble.

Re:Von Braun,s Saturn V - F1 Engine 1/20 11 years, 1 month ago #8

Junior Boarder
Today the last things finished, packed away before he could ... First of all holes created something deeper, something deeper edges and contours out of importance for the two metal layers ... and then cleaned and grease released .... I can now continue with the heat exchanger (on the last picture) that first beautiful deburring and light sanding a collar to bring, then the primer and then the colors ....

Tot zover ...

Last Edit: 11 years, 1 month ago by bubble.

Re:Von Braun,s Saturn V - F1 Engine 1/20 11 years ago #9

Junior Boarder
Today started with the heart (Combustion Chamber) of the F1 engine, namely the parts ...:

: throttle body: Gimbal
: Feulen manifold: Gimbal plate
: LOX manifold: Turbo Pump
: Feulen inlet valves: F-1 injector plate

https://www.planetdiecast.com/ http://www.modelbrouwers.nl/albums/coppermine/albums/userpics/11717/kkk.jpg

All parts must be rubbing and only be reassembled before they can be put .... and then put in the primer and paint ..

For those not sure what if, an engine works,,,, here is an example:

It uses liquid oxygen as fuel and kerosene as a kind of put this together is you get a pretty explosive stuff .. but then you have not yet .... these fuels at the same pressure to the combustion chamber gepomp (through pumps and turbine, s) and through a sieve (F-1 injector plate) pressed for a best even stable combustion,,,, there is much tampered with the engine to get to stable to ensure that he not broken by very high vibrations (explosion) went ... here on youtube a video of brief but well see how a valve opens and the fuel through the injector plate comes around ... ... these images are of an extraordinarily beautiful series of the BBC: Space Race:

But first edit for the paint out with the details ...... 

So Far ................

So Far ................

Last Edit: 11 years ago by bubble.

Re:Von Braun,s Saturn V - F1 Engine 1/20 11 years ago #10

Junior Boarder
After everything first and then good to have rubbed the parts with a few thin layers of primer and then another light could be rubbing the first main layers of paint colors out .... the color combo for the Combustion Chamber (manganese find myself very successful), the heat exchanger needs to get a few shades and then some parts are assembled and reassembled are finished with details .......

so far..........

Re:Von Braun,s Saturn V - F1 Engine 1/20 11 years ago #11

Junior Boarder
Today large part spent in detailing the components of the Combustion Chamber and Heat exchanger ect ... they are not 100% in detail, which is at the last moment when everything is put together .....
To the neck of the heat exchanger is to protect the red collar is that some pipes, I\'m still working with a decal, a former Rockwell logo (R) that still stands up ... further put the items in the wash for more using a look ....
I now put this aside and go on with the first support stand (steel wheeled wagon ...

So Far ........

Re:Von Braun,s Saturn V - F1 Engine 1/20 11 years ago #12

Platinum Boarder
So far Bubbles you pictures if any haven\'t shown up. How are you loading them onto Toy Collector.

Re:Von Braun,s Saturn V - F1 Engine 1/20 11 years ago #13

Junior Boarder
Hi Jim

That is very strange, I can see it ..... and I load them with [img] and end with [/ img]

Re:Von Braun,s Saturn V - F1 Engine 1/20 11 years ago #14

Administrator
They\'re loading fine for me (amazing build, Bubble!)

Jim, I think they\'re posted from vizu, so they may be taking a little longer to appear than usual, perhaps?

Re:Von Braun,s Saturn V - F1 Engine 1/20 11 years ago #15

Junior Boarder
Oh O.k Thanks Baskingshark

But the support car for the F1 engine on the decals and white metal parts after almost finished .... one model in itself ....

At first everything was just made and then just put it accurately (odds) and then through thickness is firming ... when everything was reassembled and see if the sound level was .....
Back to dry and sanding was the first layer (thin filler) out, then again after drying barns, for the same primer, and then thin layers in the industrial yellow color out, then the wheels made to look a little used there ( little dirty).
When the details were out and wallah, he is almost finished,,, only the brackets tomorrow and lick a few decals and clear coat ....

So Far .......