GunnerJims growing collection of Star Trek space ships
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Here's where to talk about everything from model kit renderings of The Starship Enterprise to Barbarella figures!

TOPIC: GunnerJims growing collection of Star Trek space ships

GunnerJims growing collection of Star Trek space ships 3 years, 7 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
Number one issue contains drawings and development of the USS Enterprise NCC-1701-D from the Galaxy Class. Constructed in the Utopia Planaitia fleet yard in the good year of 2363. The length of this star ship was 2371 meters while having 42 decks with a crew of 1,012 it was a big ship.  Its top warp speed was 9.6 in seconds, that enable the ship to escape most predators like the Borg. Its main  weaponry included 12 type X Phaser arrays and 3 Photon Torpedo Launches and was expected to last in operation for at least 100 years in protecting the Federation.   Alas it was destroyed during one of its covert missions in its eight year against a rogue Klingon vessel.

Below is a sample of the artwork that help design these futuristic spaceships before the plans were drawn up for the pattern makers developed the actual models needed for filming some of the epic scenes captured in those days gone bye.

Last Edit: 3 years, 7 months ago by GunnerJim.

Re: GunnerJims growing collection of Star Trek space ships 3 years, 7 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Keep searching and then start again.
Planet Diecast Forums
Model Kits
Aircraft Kits
There is a star trek post there already. Just start up your topic.

See here
Star Trek Model Building Group Forum
Last Edit: 3 years, 7 months ago by Nobleco.

Re: GunnerJims growing collection of Star Trek space ships 3 years, 7 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
There is none.

Re: GunnerJims growing collection of Star Trek space ships 3 years, 7 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder

Now that I have started you all may notice some different photographic changes in background as I experiment looking to encapsulate the naked eye.

I have decided on the darken backdrop thus allowing the photo encasement of the visionary aspects of the models. Also I am using the Sony Alpha a3500 and standard lens instead of the old Canon IXUS 115 HS which has been a good little camera.

I am really not getting those nice crisp images going by some of these shots. The other I will have to use a stand although the camera does have the stop the shake thing. The next couple of images do show some improvement by using the stand. Well sort of.

That one time in ever 68 years or there about the Super Moon closest to earth moment in time 13-14 November 2016. Well like there is a lot of space out there.

Cheers.

Re: GunnerJims growing collection of Star Trek space ships 3 years, 7 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
GunnerJim wrote:
There is none.

Take a look at my post above, I edited it with a link.

Re: GunnerJims growing collection of Star Trek space ships 3 years, 7 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
Issue Number two while this NCC-1701 is somewhat smaller in size compared to some others within the fleet.

The USS Enterprise NCC-1701 built on the plans of the Constitution Class at San Francisco Fleet yards in the good year 2271 and was destroyed in the year 2285. Why only lasting 14 service she had a pretty hard life. Length 305 meters and only 21 decks. Just as well they only had a crew of 450 personal. Top warp speed 8 and was a little less than most ships out in the bad lands of space. Weaponry 9 dual phaser arrays and 3 photon torpedo launchers.

These photos were taken with the Canon IXUS 115 HS. Notice the main deflector dish in the front looks like something off a vacuum cleaner hanging below the flying saucer thingy bob. At the other end it is the fly in fly out shuttle bay.

Cheers
Last Edit: 3 years, 6 months ago by GunnerJim.

Re: GunnerJims growing collection of Star Trek space ships 3 years, 7 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
Trying out different back drops.

Below are photos taken with a Sony Cyber shot 16.1 MP digital camera DSC W570 and is a vast improvement than the Canon IXUS 115 HS one I had been using for a long time.

Cheers
Last Edit: 3 years, 6 months ago by GunnerJim.

Re: GunnerJims growing collection of Star Trek space ships 3 years, 7 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
The problem is that they are all for model building these are all diecast. but not cars. The other is they are really science fiction.

Re: GunnerJims growing collection of Star Trek space ships 3 years, 7 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
Then here will be fine. It is really up to you at this point.
I love the shows and movies and still watch some of the later series like Voyager on a semi regular basis as they are on daily at 5 here. Either that or Star Gate SG1 or Star Gate Atlantis

Re: GunnerJims growing collection of Star Trek space ships 3 years, 7 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
I have 70 Federation Star Ships and alien ships by Eaglemoss Collections to photograph and place somewhere on PD.

Re: GunnerJims growing collection of Star Trek space ships 3 years, 7 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
I have now updated what I started at that ungodly hour of 3am Eastern Standard time. Didn't win on eBay either. So I cracked it and went back to bed.

Re: GunnerJims growing collection of Star Trek space ships 3 years, 7 months ago #12

A shame you did not win it James.
A good topic though

Re: GunnerJims growing collection of Star Trek space ships 3 years, 7 months ago #13

Platinum Boarder
Yes I hope so Theo. There is a Face Book site and it is huge, while Eaglemoss have their own and I only go there for a look see and read to see what is coming up. The hole series is being put together by some of the original designers from Star Trek. While other interviews by artist and design personal draw the reader into their world of creation in the making's of Star Trek ships props and set design, including story line themes and filming techniques.

Re: GunnerJims growing collection of Star Trek space ships 3 years, 7 months ago #14

Platinum Boarder
I have comic books from Star Trek the Movie.
Below is Issue number 1. I have all issues of this Marvel Comis group series, #1 through #18

I also have an interactive Game, mint in box, a "T" Shirt and a collectors card set that takes up 4 binders. I has all the shows in it. It is for sale.

Re: GunnerJims growing collection of Star Trek space ships 3 years, 7 months ago #15

Platinum Boarder
Very interesting Jim as those comic books look in good condition. So your memorabilia collection took some years to collect and did you start collecting at the early stage. during the height of Star Trek fame to glory. I can remember my children loved to watch those early James Kirk series including me. Doctor Who was another and oh Monkey Magic was good just before the 7pm news on ABC.