military vehicle competition
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
For tanks, armoured cars, half-tracks and all other military vehicles!
  • Page:

TOPIC: military vehicle competition

military vehicle competition 11 years, 6 months ago #1

Hello all
There is now a military ground vehicle competition ..... all the standard rules apply , it just has to be a ground vehicle , plastic resin , paper whatever you choose to build with ..... come join in the fun.

Re:military vehicle competition 11 years, 6 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Hey sounds good an I will enter the first one. Centurion Tank my Dinky Toys. One of my restorations. More pictures on request.

Dinky_651_Centurion_Tank___18.JPG

Re:military vehicle competition 11 years, 6 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
Mine is a fifteen year project that lost the spirit to be finished... so its not complete yet.

Its an Italeri kit of a scale 1/24 DAF 2800 that I converted into a DAF YA4440 Dutch military 4x4 truck.
Lets just say I trained on this truck when I did my bit.

Re:military vehicle competition 11 years, 6 months ago #4

Administrator
Hi everyone, you\'ll find the actual competition here. Just thought I\'d add a direct link to make it easy for everyone!

Re:military vehicle competition 11 years, 6 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Thanks mate

Re:military vehicle competition 11 years, 6 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
yeah, but my truck won\'t be finished in time... seem to have misplaced a few parts like the actual wheels

Re:military vehicle competition 11 years, 6 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
Miss placed the wheels? That would not work for the Dutch Army now, would it. Better find a set and get that truck back on the road, soldier. LOL

Re:military vehicle competition 11 years, 6 months ago #8

Those are all awesome guys glad too see people taking interest........

Re:military vehicle competition 11 years, 6 months ago #9

Rvrevo ....i really like that truck I have a weakness for soft skin vehicles ...,.,do you by chance remember what the process was for the conversion you did.

Re:military vehicle competition 11 years, 6 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
a saw. lots of cutting, modifying a Scania diff to fit under the engine. reversing the sump to make front diff fit.

The DAF 2800 is a long wheelbase with tandem rear. I shortened the chassis via a schematic I had of the actual truck.
The cabin is the problem, and so apparently is the engine. It doesn\'t quite fit as the engine is too big.

Didn\'t really think it through too well.

Anyhoo... glad you like it.

Used a bit of stiff cloth to roll up around a pencil using loads of glue and taped it till it was dry. Then painted it green.
Actully wanted to make a proper softcover. A lot of parts are custom build, one isn\'t there.

Re:military vehicle competition 11 years, 6 months ago #11

It is cool the tarp was one of my favorite parts and the vehicle just has a nice stance.
Just nix the engine and do a curb side ....i would still like to see it in the competition.
Last Edit: 11 years, 6 months ago by Modelguru.

Re:military vehicle competition 11 years, 6 months ago #12

Platinum Boarder
It was a fun truck to drive on the Dutch Dunes (De Veluwe). It was a great track. Just pop it into 4x4 and away it lurched.

This truck is the reason I now have a 4x4. I\'m the only one in my family that has one.
  • Page:
Moderators: Modelguru