NILE GUARDIAN SA 2 guideline missle transport (egyptian service)
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
For tanks, armoured cars, half-tracks and all other military vehicles!

TOPIC: NILE GUARDIAN SA 2 guideline missle transport (egyptian service)

Re:NILE GUARDIAN SA 2 guideline missle transport (egyptian service) 11 years, 5 months ago #166

the exhaust has been aged and rust treated
007-df70e3f1a84530881ff6233e6ae0e274.JPG

Re:NILE GUARDIAN SA 2 guideline missle transport (egyptian service) 11 years, 5 months ago #167

markings for the right side of the cab
008-10c02a3d5b152d0d4cc1d053f2232277.JPG

Re:NILE GUARDIAN SA 2 guideline missle transport (egyptian service) 11 years, 5 months ago #168

markings on the left side of the cab
009-ef0abbf50b0c1ca1a2c3645af54dea0c.JPG

Re:NILE GUARDIAN SA 2 guideline missle transport (egyptian service) 11 years, 5 months ago #169

The cab fire botle in in place adding a little splash of color
010-f549122527f8061bee0287fe3315630c.JPG

Re:NILE GUARDIAN SA 2 guideline missle transport (egyptian service) 11 years, 5 months ago #170

the rims for the tractor , the spares and the trailer are assembled with all associated brake parts and ready for paint
011-f31b92bb2e3dd5d1b2bca67571cfc8be.JPG

Re:NILE GUARDIAN SA 2 guideline missle transport (egyptian service) 11 years, 5 months ago #171

Platinum Boarder
What was the reason for replacing wire on the fender supports which now looks like a rope tie down principle. Has the real trailer have this sort of thing on it. The next question is does the landing gear fold up and down or is it going to be in the fixed position. The rims and spare are looking good with their period design and the brake parts attached.

Re:NILE GUARDIAN SA 2 guideline missle transport (egyptian service) 11 years, 5 months ago #172

The fender supports are esentially the same , after cutting away other pieces to use the pe lights for the trailer bumper I discovered that the supports were really out of scale on the kit supplied stuff.....so that needed to be fixed. Yes they are esentially tie downs ....for what I dont know , but still they need to be reproduced....they may have just been a simple support to keep the rear of the trailer from flexing. I wii try to do some more research on that particular part and see if I can come up with the answer , it really has me curious now.
Yes the landing gear will fold up or down those i did so they would remain functional.
There has been alot of stuff added to this because it needs to be repropuced as faithfully as i can....all in all this is a great kit there is just too much stuff that needs to be added or fixed.

Re:NILE GUARDIAN SA 2 guideline missle transport (egyptian service) 11 years, 5 months ago #173

Platinum Boarder
I think that is one of the inspiring aspects of modelling is that one can research the history and include some or if not all of the finer details left out by the designers, pattern makers and tool makers in the model kit field.

Although they all do a fantastic job in recreating such models, there is a limit in tooling cost that they can do for reasons concerning injection production molding and costs of such kits. Moreover, I may add, the world of toy making has come along in leaps and bonds since the first die-cast toys replicating cars, trucks, planes, boats and soldiers and the list goes on in the die-cast field. If we compare those old brand names and compare what is available on the market today which makes them somewhat primitive.

While plastic modelling kits has also followed down this same path, some have improved while some have become less sturdy than the old AMT kits from the 1960\'s period. I just loved the 1940\'s Ford Deluxe coupe and sloper of that period in 1961 and built a few.

Anyway getting back on track with the Nile Guardian you are building and the step by step is superb in detail there Modelguru.

Re:NILE GUARDIAN SA 2 guideline missle transport (egyptian service) 11 years, 5 months ago #174

thank you my ausie brother......by you and otheres asking questions about what a modeler is doing it helps all of us to learn more of the craft that we all love so much ....keep asking and keep building.
I should have showed the kit detail before and the re-build after it do leave something out with not doing that.

Re:NILE GUARDIAN SA 2 guideline missle transport (egyptian service) 11 years, 5 months ago #175

One more thing gunner ....i wish more people were like you and involved enough to take ther time to ask questions that is how we all learn ....and someone else may have a question that the rest of us missed

Re:NILE GUARDIAN SA 2 guideline missle transport (egyptian service) 11 years, 5 months ago #176

the spsre tires are in place behind the cab and a piece of copper chain has been added with a scratch made pad lock
001-377157a16744c34336f5bebb8fbee685.JPG

Re:NILE GUARDIAN SA 2 guideline missle transport (egyptian service) 11 years, 5 months ago #177

this shows the landing gear in the down position
002-95618bb3eb8c2fd918be04fd04ab85ac.JPG

Re:NILE GUARDIAN SA 2 guideline missle transport (egyptian service) 11 years, 5 months ago #178

and the landing gear in the stowed positio0n for transport
003-f3d92b6a2cd97f25a4c5d9533ea77d80.JPG

Re:NILE GUARDIAN SA 2 guideline missle transport (egyptian service) 11 years, 5 months ago #179

Stunning work! Are you working from actual pics of the real truck?

Re:NILE GUARDIAN SA 2 guideline missle transport (egyptian service) 11 years, 5 months ago #180

Platinum Boarder
I note this build has even included a paddlock holding the tyre chain inplace. Magic.
Moderators: Modelguru