Ford Thames police "prisoner" van by Telsalda
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Yes, we know it's a little bit of a contradiction in terms, but here's where you can talk about Norev, Minialuxe, Siku, Polistil, Tomte, Auburn, Sun Rubber or any other ready-made model car that's made of plastic or rubber. Hey, they're still cast in dies!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Ford Thames police "prisoner" van by Telsalda

Re: Ford Thames police "prisoner" van by Telsalda 4 years, 2 months ago #16

Wow, one of you holy grails I think?

Re: Ford Thames police "prisoner" van by Telsalda 4 years, 2 months ago #17

Platinum Boarder
What great new for you and it is alway nice to hear that someone here has filled a gap in their collection. Specially when they have been looking for it for a while. Congrates.

Re: Ford Thames police "prisoner" van by Telsalda 4 years, 2 months ago #18

Platinum Boarder
Many thanks all, I bought the damaged one at a bootfair back in 1987 & had only ever seen another which was boxed on Ebay many years ago, to be honest this may be the one as the roof was missing on the one I saw. It now sits with  pride in my plastic toy collection as this was one of my early starts to collecting plastic, as apart from the Corgi & Matchbox & another diecast one the Thames van was rarely modeled at the time.

Re: Ford Thames police "prisoner" van by Telsalda 4 years, 1 month ago #19

Platinum Boarder
I got this Guitarman Commer County Police van boxed today, it is interesting that it has a green lamp on the roof , the one I already had is red & I am sure I have seen a blue lamp. the light is supposed to flash when you put weight down on rear axle I believe although the base looks to have been factory converted from a battery compartment, it is marked as Maks on the base

The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Ford Thames police "prisoner" van by Telsalda 4 years, 1 month ago #20

Platinum Boarder
Maks were indeed the original maker of the Commer POLICE Van and supplied it to S. Guiterman & Co for them to market.

'GUITERMAN' was a very large toys and games distributor dating back to the turn of the Century. They have in fact marketed a whole range of obscure household goods such as Men's shavers, car heaters and an indoor retractable cloths lines unit.

By 1939, they had an office in Oxford St, London, W.1.

1951, they were in Alderman House, Soho Square, London, W.1.

By the start of the 1960's, they had an office at 35-36 Aldermanbury. London, E.C.2 with more offices in New York, Paris and Hamburg.

They marketed some toy vehicles from Hong Kong but not to the same extent as Telsalda, Lucky, Lincoln etc.

It was all over by 1966 when the company was liquidated and the remains sold to 'Tower Press (London)' in Bayswater, London, W.2.

Here is another example of the Commer with an Amber-Orange top light and I am sure there are others out there.

Rollerman.

Re: Ford Thames police "prisoner" van by Telsalda 4 years, 1 month ago #21

Platinum Boarder
Rollerman your knowledge is fantastic, many thanks

Re: Ford Thames police "prisoner" van by Telsalda 6 months ago #22

Platinum Boarder
It was nearly 5 years ago when I started this topic, I have read what I wrote on the introduction & I correct it, it would have been the late 80's when I first bought the one from a boot fair,over 30 years later I now have bought my third one, this time complete with the roof & a prisoner (both mega rare) you can see the figure is painted grey there may have been two but this is a very rare model , I have put this model in the box, Routemaster is correct in this thread by saying it is one of my "Holy Grails" mad as I might be in buying three each one has paid a part in this finished mint & boxed one.

Re: Ford Thames police "prisoner" van by Telsalda 6 months ago #23

these guys in the back don't look like villains

Re: Ford Thames police "prisoner" van by Telsalda 6 months ago #24

Platinum Boarder
Lol! the same figures were used for the minibus & Volkswagen split screen camper van, they are all seated in different positions , this is why I say how rare the grey one is in the prisoner van, I am as pleased as punch to have this.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco, RoutemasterNL

Re: Ford Thames police "prisoner" van by Telsalda 6 months ago #25

Platinum Boarder
I bet Chaccamacca could print more for you on his 3D printer. Not sure if I would want to mail it to him. Would be tragic if it went awry in the mail.

Re: Ford Thames police "prisoner" van by Telsalda 6 months ago #26

Platinum Boarder
Have said that, you have a very good looking example of this police van. Looks brand new. I don't doubt you very pleased with it and yourself for finding it.
  • Page: