OK Toys battery operated 1/20 Hong Kong
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Yes, we know it's a little bit of a contradiction in terms, but here's where you can talk about Norev, Minialuxe, Siku, Polistil, Tomte, Auburn, Sun Rubber or any other ready-made model car that's made of plastic or rubber. Hey, they're still cast in dies!

TOPIC: OK Toys battery operated 1/20 Hong Kong

Re: OK Toys battery operated 1/20 Hong Kong 3 years, 2 months ago #91

Platinum Boarder
If I were on the tehcnical team, I would remove the message function that is not working and only leave the single message sending method to avoid any further confusion.

Rollerman.

Re: OK Toys battery operated 1/20 Hong Kong 3 years, 2 months ago #92

Platinum Boarder
Problem with that, from what I understand, is that there are people who can not use that very same system as it does not work for them. Some can do it through the envelope under your avatar and some can do it by going to Community/members and look up the member and send them a PM. Still others can use the PM system from their own dashboard. I can only use the Community/member method.
It has something to do with the program and software that Christian and Andrew chose from the beginning. It is old and was cheap (figures) and is hard to work with so I doubt it will change.
There has been talk from the Admin about moving to a different format but not sure how much we would loose. I think they are looking into it.

Re: OK Toys battery operated 1/20 Hong Kong 3 years, 2 months ago #93

Platinum Boarder
I removed the top of the rear & sure enough there was the battery holder & as a bonus the light still works, thanks Rollerman, I have also sent you a P.M

Last Edit: 3 years, 2 months ago by Andy66.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: OK Toys battery operated 1/20 Hong Kong 3 years, 2 months ago #94

Platinum Boarder
Nice result Andy. It's good to see these toys working to their full ability. Reply sent to your message.

Rollerman.

Re: OK Toys battery operated 1/20 Hong Kong 3 years, 2 months ago #95

Platinum Boarder
Great stuff and really nice to see it is all there and still works. Another success for members here. I love this site and the way we all help each other out from time to time with answers like this. I would say Andy is a Happy Camper now.
Last Edit: 3 years, 2 months ago by Nobleco.

Re: OK Toys battery operated 1/20 Hong Kong 3 years, 2 months ago #96

Platinum Boarder
Well that is a net trick for the battery holder. Thanks.

Re: OK Toys battery operated 1/20 Hong Kong 2 years, 7 months ago #97

Platinum Boarder
I mentioned in the Telsalda topic that the Rover 2000 is on my wish list, well I finally got one & was lucky to get one boxed. It was worth the wait , this one is the yellowy-green one & is in lovely condition, not sure if it works as batteries are too big these days. It should come with lugauge, I have some cases which can go with it, as they are different to Telsalda ones. i have put a the Lucky Toy one with it to show the difference in size.

The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: OK Toys battery operated 1/20 Hong Kong 2 years, 7 months ago #98

Platinum Boarder
Looks to me like it takes 2 AA batteries. There has been no change in battery sizes that I know of when it comes to AAA, AA or C or D for that matter. You should be able to find them in hardware stores and variety stores. Does it not say what size or volts the batteries should be? They are usually 1.5 volts each.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy66

Re: OK Toys battery operated 1/20 Hong Kong 2 years, 7 months ago #99

Platinum Boarder
Lovely plastic vehicles thanks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy66

Re: OK Toys battery operated 1/20 Hong Kong 2 years, 7 months ago #100

Platinum Boarder
the batteries are C R14-1.5v , I have trouble with modern batteries fitting the models as they are too big, when these models were made the batteries were thinner.

Re: OK Toys battery operated 1/20 Hong Kong 2 years, 7 months ago #101

Platinum Boarder
I think you need AAA batteries. See the picture which is listed as CR 15 1.5 Volt batteries. Look in the upper left and you will see AAA. That is the size you need. I think you are looking at AA batteries which are indeed much fatter in diameter than the thinner AAA batteries.
Do a google search for CR 14 and you will find lots of them.

Listed as CR 14 Carbon Zinc Battery R6p-2s

Link below
www.alibaba.com/product-detail/cr14-carb...-2S_60468659771.html
Last Edit: 2 years, 7 months ago by Nobleco.

Re: OK Toys battery operated 1/20 Hong Kong 2 years, 7 months ago #102

these are widely available in stores. I sell them professionally too

Re: OK Toys battery operated 1/20 Hong Kong 2 years, 7 months ago #103

Platinum Boarder
Just to clarify if I may...

CR 14 is actually Two different standardisation codes so while most of us older members are more used to buying 'C' batteries, the more modern code is 'LR 14' and is a 1.5 v power rating and 'C' batteries are the more common battery used in toys.

What Andy is experiencing is related to old age (no, not you Andy!!), where the plastic over Years has settled into slightly different profiles from when it was first moulded, added to this there may be some warping.

The plastic used for such toys is not of the best quality to start with, these were mass produced toys, not designed for long term usage!

Andy is finding batteries are a tight fit, possibly too tight to actually go into the battery compartment, this will cause damage if force is used, better to find a seperate battery supply with a pair of leads fitted with Crocodile clips and test the model this way.

Rollerman.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GunnerJim

Re: OK Toys battery operated 1/20 Hong Kong 2 years, 7 months ago #104

Platinum Boarder
It is old age with me , lol!, Rollerman, I can remember the cheap pink & yellow "Flying Bomb" batteries , when I had battery operated toys as a kid these were bought for them, they had a cardboard skin & when they were dead they leaked acid & corroded the battery compartments of the toy.

Re: OK Toys battery operated 1/20 Hong Kong 2 years, 7 months ago #105

Platinum Boarder
Sounds plausible with the older toys. I too remember old paper wrapped batteries. C batteries were in toys back in the 50's and 60's but AA and then AAA batteries took over due to their smaller size. Most Dinky and Corgi use AA batteries like the Ambulances. Others, like the Corgi Continental Limo use the AAA battery for the TV display light bulb. I am sure there are others too. I don't think there are many small toys like 1:43 scale cars that use C or even D batteries these day. They are all 1.5 volts though.