OK Toys battery operated 1/20 Hong Kong
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Yes, we know it's a little bit of a contradiction in terms, but here's where you can talk about Norev, Minialuxe, Siku, Polistil, Tomte, Auburn, Sun Rubber or any other ready-made model car that's made of plastic or rubber. Hey, they're still cast in dies!

TOPIC: OK Toys battery operated 1/20 Hong Kong

Re: OK Toys battery operated 1/20 Hong Kong 6 years, 6 months ago #46

Platinum Boarder
Here is a totally previously unknown model. It is specially made for the Sears Roebuck and Co and Simpsons Sears Limited. The catalogue number for this is...3355.

This is called...CUSTOM CARGO CARRIER and looks like it might have been designed to compliment their Trans-Continental Express, futuristic touring coach I posted earlier in this thread. Very Gerry Anderson.

Rollerman.
Last Edit: 6 years, 6 months ago by TheRollerman.

Re: OK Toys battery operated 1/20 Hong Kong 6 years, 5 months ago #47

Platinum Boarder
I got this friction MG 1100 today minus it's bumpers & rear boot trim. I have seen this advertised as "unknown" made in Hong Kong, it is more or less the same size as the OK model & lucky I have one for spares as the bumpers & trim fit it nicely, may have been Ok or Clifford.
The car had been painted & then someone had removed the paint, I polished the residue left & luckily it came off.

Re: OK Toys battery operated 1/20 Hong Kong 6 years, 5 months ago #48

Platinum Boarder
Hello Andy.

This is a very hard model to identify because it comes in a box with no 'Branding', but I believe it originates from 'CLIFFORD' (or whoever makes them for Clifford which could be one of several companies), as the wheels seem to be of a design used by Clifford on some of it's larger models.

The model and it's box are very similar to an 'OK' product and possibly marketed by 'OK' in selected retail outlets like mail order catalogues.

This model is 21cm long so is clearly intended to compliment the large models by 'OK' and they may be cheaper versions as the original models must have been expensive due to the working features.

Rollerman.

Re: OK Toys battery operated 1/20 Hong Kong 6 years, 5 months ago #49

Platinum Boarder
The side stripes on the MG are much sharper & better than the OK model , the moulded door handles look the same, it is interesting as this is a 4 door model, as the OK one , to the 2 door (much nicer) shown on the box, I don't recall seeing a model of this in 2 door.

Re: OK Toys battery operated 1/20 Hong Kong 6 years, 4 months ago #50

Platinum Boarder
Another Albion truck has been found, number 3732, it has a working Excavator unit behind the cab and clearly not built to scale, or it was designed to be driven where there are no bridges!

Rollerman.
Last Edit: 6 years, 1 month ago by TheRollerman.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: OK Toys battery operated 1/20 Hong Kong 6 years, 2 months ago #51

Platinum Boarder
Here is the 'OK TOYS' Dreamliner mentioned in my original listing on page 1 of this thread.

I can also add another 'Gift Set' to the listing...the Jaguar 'E' Type open roadster comes with the Caravan in the normal long box used for the other paired models.

Rollerman.

Re: OK Toys battery operated 1/20 Hong Kong 6 years, 1 month ago #52

Platinum Boarder
I have found the catalogue number for the excavator in the above picture...

MODEL NUMBER 3752.

Here is something different for Summer...

"Porky Piggy" selling Ice Cream, lovely...

...this is catalogue number 3388.

Rollerman.

Re: OK Toys battery operated 1/20 Hong Kong 6 years, 1 month ago #53

Platinum Boarder
That is a nice different model.

Re: OK Toys battery operated 1/20 Hong Kong 5 years, 10 months ago #54

Platinum Boarder
I managed to get the Rolls Royce no. 3744 which goes with my caravan no. 3745 to make up the set as mentioned by Rollerman earlier in this topic.

Showing the "hidden" tow bar on the cars base

Re: OK Toys battery operated 1/20 Hong Kong 5 years, 10 months ago #55

Platinum Boarder
Thanks for the added information regarding these tin toys as it is good to see them on PD thus increasing PD's growing toy history.

Re: OK Toys battery operated 1/20 Hong Kong 5 years, 10 months ago #56

Platinum Boarder
I got this better condition blue Rolls today it goes with the caravan (drag shack) better, although it is missing it's mascot.

Re: OK Toys battery operated 1/20 Hong Kong 5 years, 2 months ago #57

Platinum Boarder
I thought it would be nice to see the origins of the Rolls-Royce Silver Cloud.

This is my example of #3744, she is in pretty good shape for an Old Girl!

Now here is my example of the Tri-Ang Minic slot-car Silver Cloud, #M 1541.

Here they are together...

...and if you have both of these, you will see the 'OK TOYS' is a direct copy of the 'MINIC', even down to the molding lines on the front wings and around the boot handle etc.

The picture does not show them, but all the molding lines are the same between these Two models.

Rollerman.

Re: OK Toys battery operated 1/20 Hong Kong 5 years, 2 months ago #58

Platinum Boarder
Looks big what scale is the red Rolls

Re: OK Toys battery operated 1/20 Hong Kong 5 years, 2 months ago #59

Platinum Boarder
GunnerJim wrote:
Looks big what scale is the red Rolls

The Red model is about 1/32nd scale, the Black model has been made around the OO/HO scale.

Rollerman.

Re: OK Toys battery operated 1/20 Hong Kong 5 years, 2 months ago #60

Platinum Boarder
Thanks for that. Quality in detail in such a small scale OO/HO has come a long way with those small ones.