OK Toys battery operated 1/20 Hong Kong
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Yes, we know it's a little bit of a contradiction in terms, but here's where you can talk about Norev, Minialuxe, Siku, Polistil, Tomte, Auburn, Sun Rubber or any other ready-made model car that's made of plastic or rubber. Hey, they're still cast in dies!

TOPIC: OK Toys battery operated 1/20 Hong Kong

Re: OK Toys battery operated 1/20 Hong Kong 2 years, 6 months ago #106

Platinum Boarder
It is a coincidence that I bought a spare OK Toys boat a few years ago , as they do not come up for sale that often, I was thinking how this would look with the Rover towing it, well this week I bought some plastic cars for spares & the Ok trailer came with them , the Rover has the rivert there for a tow hook  so not sure if OK ever sold the boat & trailer on it's own... Rollerman? I think as with the Morris Oxford set this would have been a superb set had they put them in a set.

The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: OK Toys battery operated 1/20 Hong Kong 2 years, 2 months ago #107

Platinum Boarder
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>

Re: OK Toys battery operated 1/20 Hong Kong 2 years, 2 months ago #108

Platinum Boarder
Hi Andy.

I don't have the boat and trailer listed as being available in it's own box, but because the Horse box and Caravan are sold separately, I would expect the boat to be available separately on it's own catalogue number as well.

It makes sense and quite a few of the cars have the towing rivet at the back anyway!

Rollerman.

Re: OK Toys battery operated 1/20 Hong Kong 2 years, 2 months ago #109

Platinum Boarder
<p>Many thanks Rollerman, I got the red Rover this week it was in a mess but it has polished up &amp; I re-chromed the bright work, first success with pictures, my daughter helped me do it the way you showed, I will hopefully pick this up I will then learn to add text with them</p>

Re: OK Toys battery operated 1/20 Hong Kong 2 years, 2 months ago #110

Platinum Boarder
Hi Andy I have one question on the re-chromed parts. Did you actually chrome the parts or just paint them. Many thanks James.

Re: OK Toys battery operated 1/20 Hong Kong 2 years, 2 months ago #111

Platinum Boarder
<p>I should have said "brigthened up" the the bright work , I chrome painted them. I would like to know if there is a way of vacumn plating the parts again this would be great.</p>

Re: OK Toys battery operated 1/20 Hong Kong 2 years, 2 months ago #112

Platinum Boarder
I apologies friend here is me thinking your had upgraded your skills to actually doing re-chroming. If it was so I bet you would get plenty of work through this medium. Still love your restorations and all the knowledge that flows through. Many thanks Cheers.

Re: OK Toys battery operated 1/20 Hong Kong 2 years, 2 months ago #113

Platinum Boarder
Chrome plating of plastic parts is quite common in the USA. Just google it and you will see. Hippie, who was a member here and passed away back in 2010 regularly sent his parts to a chrome platter. It is also how model makers do it but they have their own facilities. Not sure if it is done in Europe on plastics but I am sure there are quite a few how do it. There is some prep work required if you don't want the plater's to do that for you at a cost.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GunnerJim

Re: OK Toys battery operated 1/20 Hong Kong 2 years, 2 months ago #114

Platinum Boarder
Here is a Canadian plastic chrome plating outfit.
www.leaderplating.ca/

Re: OK Toys battery operated 1/20 Hong Kong 11 months, 2 weeks ago #115

Platinum Boarder
I am going to put this on this topic as it is made by OK Toys, this is the friction drive Volkswagen Ambulance which when pushed along the beacon has a red & white revolving light (looks more like a Barber Shop Pole), I have seen this model command a high price so I was glad to pick it up at a good price as compared to other OK Toy's I own it is quite a bland model.

Re: OK Toys battery operated 1/20 Hong Kong 11 months, 2 weeks ago #116

Platinum Boarder
<p>Innovated way of showing something that will look red when turning fast. Blurred red.</p>
Last Edit: 11 months, 2 weeks ago by GunnerJim.

Re: OK Toys battery operated 1/20 Hong Kong 8 months, 2 weeks ago #117

Platinum Boarder
I have managed to get hold of the RAF Aircraft Carrier, this had great play value, it still has one of it's rockets & the firing mechanism still works, it is a shame as there is glue residence on the windscreen but what a toy, The Rollerman pictures & mentions this set earlier on in this topic.

Re: OK Toys battery operated 1/20 Hong Kong 8 months, 2 weeks ago #118

Platinum Boarder
Nice transporter and plane. I see your missing some Missiles? from under the wings? Is that correct?
It sure looks like a great model to play with and on Great shape too.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy66

Re: OK Toys battery operated 1/20 Hong Kong 8 months, 2 weeks ago #119

Platinum Boarder
Thanks Nobleco, yes I am not sure how many came with the model but there are holders for four on the Albion cab & two on each wing, I bet Rollerman will know the answer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: OK Toys battery operated 1/20 Hong Kong 8 months, 2 weeks ago #120

Platinum Boarder
That toy is fantastic !!!!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy66