Yes, we know it's a little bit of a contradiction in terms, but here's where you can talk about Norev, Minialuxe, Siku, Polistil, Tomte, Auburn, Sun Rubber or any other ready-made model car that's made of plastic or rubber. Hey, they're still cast in dies!

TOPIC: Marx Toys Cadillac

Re: Marx Toys Cadillac 6 years, 1 month ago #16

Platinum Boarder
I have looked up more on these models & they were part of the Marx Fix-All series, they also made a breakdown truck , a Jeep , Pontiac convertible , a Jaguar & more the yellow model I have was called a Custom Convertible. They came out in 1950 & according to a seller on Ebay in USA the Mercury was only available for one year 1953.

Re: Ideal Toys Cadillac 5 years, 9 months ago #17

Platinum Boarder
I have re-named this topic as I got the maker wrong! It is Ideal not Marx.

Found this complete boxed convertble to add to my other two models

Box has a few display/play factors

the box lifts up to make it look like a garage

Perforated line to display the model

finally the model

Complete with all its extras licence plates , tools spare wheel , jack & oil can .

Real play value.

ble & had to add it to my other two.

Re: Ideal Toys Cadillac 5 years, 9 months ago #18

That is superb! Are the tools diecast or plastic?

Re: Ideal Toys Cadillac 5 years, 9 months ago #19

Platinum Boarder
Yes all the tools are diecast it is a shame as fragments have fatigued & broken off the multi tool as in picture but must not grumble as a complete set like this is nice to have.
Last Edit: 5 years, 9 months ago by Andy66.

Re: Ideal Toys Cadillac 5 years, 9 months ago #20

Platinum Boarder
I am sorry but I am confusing myself here let alone other members , this convertable is by Ideal, the Mercury is by Marx I will do some research on these models. I will check on the maker of the Cadillac.

Re: Ideal Toys Cadillac 5 years, 9 months ago #21

Platinum Boarder
The Marx ones are from the "Fix All" series & the Ideal ones are the "Fix It" series I presume to compete on who could put the most accessories in one set as I don''t think the Marx ones came with the slot in licence plates.

Re: Ideal Toys Cadillac 5 years, 6 months ago #22

Platinum Boarder
This is my Marx motorway set, the picture on the box shows 2 nice Vauxhall Victor estates as the red & blue cars in the set, however the wind up cars are kind of disappointing as they are very bland compared the Marx model I shown in this topic

Re: Ideal Toys Cadillac 5 years, 5 months ago #23

Platinum Boarder
A couple of small friction drive trucks which I have

Re: Ideal Toys Cadillac 5 years, 5 months ago #24

Platinum Boarder
I like them very much, when did you get them ? not seen them before.

Re: Ideal Toys Cadillac 5 years, 5 months ago #25

Platinum Boarder
I bought these years ago at a classic car show at the farm in Kent which they filmed  The Darling Buds Of May.
Last Edit: 5 years, 5 months ago by Andy66.

Re: Ideal Toys Cadillac 1 year, 3 months ago #26

Platinum Boarder
<p>It's a while since I have got something in this series of Marx toys but I found this "Fix All" Wrecker Truck this week a very nice model which unfortunately is missing it's tow hook &amp; tools , however it has it's spare wheel &amp; I have found a place in America which sells re-pro tools , shame is it is of smaller scale to the models I have bI will picture together when i have a chance but it is how it was made.
</p>
Last Edit: 1 year, 3 months ago by Andy66.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: Ideal Toys Cadillac 1 year, 3 months ago #27

Platinum Boarder
<p>That is a very nice condition toy. I love the hub caps (castle nuts) and to have all the original white tires with Marx on them is really nice. I wonder, with all the bits and pieces that Keesie has stashed away if he has a plastic hook of the right size. I would assume it is black but?? could be silver or the model color for all I know. Worth the ask.</p>
Last Edit: 1 year, 3 months ago by Nobleco.

Re: Ideal Toys Cadillac 1 year, 3 months ago #28

Platinum Boarder
It's red like the body , I have a picture of one & I have some red plastic which I will copy, I also ordered the tools for it, only the trolley jack will be missing.

Re: Ideal Toys Cadillac 1 year, 3 months ago #29

Platinum Boarder
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Ideal Toys Cadillac 1 year, 3 months ago #30

Platinum Boarder
I just had to add this here. The 'Fix-All' Fire Truck as shown in the catalogue, simply superb and would love to have one.

Rollerman.