Lincoln International toys
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Yes, we know it's a little bit of a contradiction in terms, but here's where you can talk about Norev, Minialuxe, Siku, Polistil, Tomte, Auburn, Sun Rubber or any other ready-made model car that's made of plastic or rubber. Hey, they're still cast in dies!

TOPIC: Lincoln International toys

Re: Lincoln International toys 3 years ago #61

Platinum Boarder
Very nice and you even have a decent box with it. That is a bonus. Looks like the bike driver might have a time driving that Mini

Re: Lincoln International toys 3 years ago #62

Platinum Boarder
thanks Jim, he may have to squeeze into it, the ting I forgot to mention is that the screenis missing , something for me to have a go at.

Re: Lincoln International toys 3 years ago #63

Platinum Boarder
More than just a screen, it is missing the whole ferring, the screen is just a small curve at the top. This will be not so easy I think

Re: Lincoln International toys 3 years ago #64

Fantastic find Andy. So you are making a windscreen for it?

Re: Lincoln International toys 3 years ago #65

Platinum Boarder
I am going to have a go at it , I have only seen two examples of these , one may well be the one i have , the other someone has taken the floor sign from the AA Mini van and used it to look like Ferring.

Re: Lincoln International toys 3 years ago #66

Platinum Boarder
By the way Happy Easter All , I was doing some gardening this morning and our old bird feeder had been broken, I put a new one up a few weeks ago but didn't throw away the old one , looking at I had a thought , it was rounded and had a hole in it I cut the shape out like on the box and got my daughter to print me some AA badges and a yellow piece of paper and here it is , I believe it not too far off what the original would have been like.

The following user(s) said Thank You: karls, RoutemasterNL

Re: Lincoln International toys 3 years ago #67

Platinum Boarder
Nicely done and another reason not to toss things into the bin right away. I also keep items I think might be useful one day. I do have a garage to store things in so I keep a lot. LOL
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy66

Re: Lincoln International toys 3 years ago #68

Expert Boarder
Just went through this thread. Fascinating models that I've never heard of (except the great Frog Cortinas).
Thanks for showing!

Re: Lincoln International toys 2 years, 12 months ago #69

<p>peekay wrote:
Just went through this thread. Fascinating models that I've never heard of (except the great Frog Cortinas). Thanks for showing!
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>That is so true Peekay. Andy shows us on a regular basis toys that were unknown to me  (us) and it puts the collection/collecting them into a new perspective. Even though I don't collect plastic toys (apart from a few Routemaster buses of course ) Andy's postst certainly raised interest for them and I am always eager to be looking out for some on fleamarkets etc. because they don't fetch too high a price</p>

Re: Lincoln International toys 2 years, 7 months ago #70

Platinum Boarder
I showed the BMW Isetta I have a few years ago on this topic, today I have got a mint boxed one , the steering wheel is red so it is a different colour variant.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: Lincoln International toys 2 years, 7 months ago #71

Platinum Boarder
Nice to see in such great condition. Thanks for showing.

Re: Lincoln International toys 1 year, 1 month ago #72

Platinum Boarder
This brings a quest to an end , I have finally got the Z Cars Cortina in it's lovely box , I have shown the one I have in the rep's box a few pages back.
I had a bidder competing for this and I won , the reason this means a lot to me is that , in the early nineties i visited a collectors shop in Greenwich called "Unique collections" and in a cabinet on the counter was this model sitting on it's box next to a Triang 1/20 red Vauxhall victor , it was the first time i had seen the model and I wanted it but with a mortgage to pay it was out of my price range. I have since completed my Triang 1/20 collection and had this minus the brilliant box , thirty odd years later it is now in my collection.

Last Edit: 1 year, 1 month ago by Andy66.

Re: Lincoln International toys 1 year, 1 month ago #73

Platinum Boarder
Very, very nice and I don't doubt your happy with it after all these years.
Cheers
Last Edit: 1 year, 1 month ago by Nobleco.

Re: Lincoln International toys 1 year, 1 month ago #74

It sure was worthwile waiting. What a beautiful car

Re: Lincoln International toys 1 year, 1 month ago #75

Platinum Boarder
Although a simple picture , this is what I saw that day,like I said the Victor came into my collection many years ago.