Lincoln International toys
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Yes, we know it's a little bit of a contradiction in terms, but here's where you can talk about Norev, Minialuxe, Siku, Polistil, Tomte, Auburn, Sun Rubber or any other ready-made model car that's made of plastic or rubber. Hey, they're still cast in dies!

TOPIC: Lincoln International toys

Re: Lincoln International toys 4 years, 1 month ago #31

Platinum Boarder
Yes, looks much better now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy66

Re: Lincoln International toys 4 years, 1 month ago #32

Platinum Boarder
Nice work on this bubble car, never knew it was made, looks great

Re: Lincoln International toys 4 years, 1 month ago #33

Platinum Boarder
Thanks Mark, i believe there is a tinplate one of these Made in Japan, about the same size .

Re: Lincoln International toys 3 years, 8 months ago #34

Platinum Boarder
I have just got a couple of different colour MK2 Zepyhr's , I thought I had shown my others on this topic but they must be on another plastic topic. they are from the Replicar series I know of the Jaguar Mk1 in this series although I do not have one. The models have a tin base & are friction drive, they suffer from glue marks where the roofs & windscreens were fitted, each model came with a suitcase in the boot. The boxes were printed for the correct model, they had a hole in the side so as the colour of could be seen & the had the car specifications on them which is a great idea as it gave the child a description of the engine size etc. The convertable was a four door body as with the Matchbox convertable.

The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL, CollectorandrestorerMark

Re: Lincoln International toys 3 years, 4 months ago #35

Platinum Boarder
It always pays to study models, I nearly over looked this Cortina , as I thought it was the battery Z Cars  one with cable taken off, closer look & I saw it had a very nice detailed tinplate interior & the base was correctly changed to house a friction motor & the bright work is not chrome plated, my guesses are it is an end of line version... Rollerman?

The following user(s) said Thank You: CollectorandrestorerMark

Re: Lincoln International toys 3 years, 4 months ago #36

Another great Cortina!

Re: Lincoln International toys 2 years, 3 months ago #37

Platinum Boarder
<p>I have just got this large scale E type Jaguar , minus it's windscreen, this is the friction drive one , they also did a wired remote control one. It is nice that the box has survived.
</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
Last Edit: 2 years, 3 months ago by Andy66.

Re: Lincoln International toys 2 years, 3 months ago #38

Platinum Boarder
That looks in fantastic condition. Are you able to make a wind screen for it?

Re: Lincoln International toys 2 years, 3 months ago #39

Platinum Boarder
Not too sure , I can replace the screen but the surround wilt be hard

Re: Lincoln International toys 2 years, 3 months ago #40

Platinum Boarder
Have you heard of Bare Metal Foil? There is also ducting aluminum tape used in the Furnace business to seal duct work at the joints. Any hardware store will have that but I don't know where you would get Bare Metal Foil other than a hobby shop. The duct foil is really, really, really stick so if you use that be very, very, very careful as once stuck you can't get it off easy. It also leave very sticky glue if you do get it off.

Re: Lincoln International toys 2 years, 3 months ago #41

Platinum Boarder
Thanks Nobleco , I have a couple of rolls of this, I will give it a try.

Re: Lincoln International toys 2 years, 3 months ago #42

Platinum Boarder
Good luck and looking forward to seeing the results.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy66

Re: Lincoln International toys 2 years, 3 months ago #43

Platinum Boarder
I missed this post probably while I could not get on the forum.

Anyway, you are right Andy about the Ford Cortina being an end of line item and the use of tinplate interior is cheaper to have printed than muck about having a whole plastic interior made.

The Jaguar is a fabulous model really well captured but as you have found the windscreen is an easily lost item. This model was very popular with Lincoln having marketed it in several versions and qith several box designs. Two very hard versions to find are the 'Performance Thrust' and 'Power Thrust' friction motor versions. These two being the same but with different names for the motor.

Rollerman.

Re: Lincoln International toys 2 years, 3 months ago #44

Platinum Boarder
Thanks for expertise in the knowledge of these plastic toys, Rollerman, I am now planning a replacement screen.

Re: Lincoln International toys 2 years, 3 months ago #45

Platinum Boarder
Many Thanks Nobleco, three Q-Tips & some aluminium gutter tape clear plastic a couple of New Years Beers & here you have it.

photo hosting
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco