Lincoln International toys
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Yes, we know it's a little bit of a contradiction in terms, but here's where you can talk about Norev, Minialuxe, Siku, Polistil, Tomte, Auburn, Sun Rubber or any other ready-made model car that's made of plastic or rubber. Hey, they're still cast in dies!

TOPIC: Lincoln International toys

Re: Lincoln International toys 4 years, 7 months ago #16

Platinum Boarder
A bit more "nit-picking", the model is a 4 door but the real car would be 2 door.

Re: Lincoln International toys 4 years, 7 months ago #17

Platinum Boarder
The same kind of mistake was made with the Frog kit the picture on the box shows a two door but the kit is a four door.

Re: Lincoln International toys 4 years, 7 months ago #18

Platinum Boarder
Quite a few boxes showed a model with different amount of doors to the model. The guy I bought the Blue Cortina from removed the rear quarter lights but still painted the door handles , this was very nicely made the joints have been filled a lot different to my red one which was put together without much care. This is my favourite model of a Mk1 , interesting fact the AA had a book out late 60's early 70's called the AA Book of The Car , these Frog models were used in it showing tips on driving.

The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Lincoln International toys 4 years, 7 months ago #19

Platinum Boarder
ANDY & LUFF
I think Dinkydi is referring to the real rally car. They did not use 4 door shells for competition, too heavy. You may have noticed that modern race/rally cars never have a sunroof, safer with a full tin top
Andy your 5th pic shows orange lenses on the indicators /sidelights, they were a 'white-ish lens & the bulb holder beneath had 2 bulbs an orange one for the indicators & a 'normal' one for the sidelights. I suspect the design fell foul of the regulations as that grille was only in production 63 & 64, the 65 had 2 different lenses /lamps within the full width grille, as well as the 'Aeroflow' grilles at the bottom of the C pillar.
I fear we may be straying far from the 'model' discussion. So as the instigator... SORRY
Thanks & have fun
Terry

Re: Lincoln International toys 4 years, 7 months ago #20

Platinum Boarder
If you look closely at the box to the Lincoln it shows the two door version in the photograph of the real car & I am aware of what Dinky Di has said. The Frog models are kits & someone made them before I bought them & they have painted the lenses orange.

Re: Lincoln International toys 4 years, 7 months ago #21

Platinum Boarder
Also, the blue version has the tail lights in the wrong position from the real car on the box.
Last Edit: 4 years, 7 months ago by Nobleco.

Re: Lincoln International toys 4 years, 7 months ago #22

Platinum Boarder
As I have said this was a kit & it is how it has been built

Re: Lincoln International toys 4 years, 7 months ago #23

Platinum Boarder
Lovely to see these, the Frog kits were quite accurate looking for their time, I nearly bid on a Cortina on Ebay but thought I'd spent enough at the time, wish I had gone for it now.

I also do have the AA Book of the car, was my late dads, published in the early 70's. It did indeed show Frog kits of the cars mentioned, in demonstrating driving techniques. I often wondered who made the models originally, thinking they may have been Airfix 1/32 kits as they modelled the same cars but the side doors never opened on them. The Cortina featured was painted yellow with white wheels although there was a white one used too and all the other cars were either of the 2 same colours. Figures of people appeared in the photos in the scenarios.

There was also featured a Mini, an MG 1100 and HA Vauxhall Viva, so interesting if Frog made those. I did chat to a trader at the toy section of a car show once when I saw the Morris 1100 kit for sale, and he confirmed that a Cortina and an E type Jaguar were also in the range. So he said.

Re: Lincoln International toys 4 years, 7 months ago #24

Platinum Boarder
The Viva, MG 1100 & Mini were more than likely Air fix, I have the E Type partley made & boxed & I also have the FB Victor Estate one made & the other un-made in box , they also made an 1100 & a very rare Dennis Ambulance. I have put pictures of these on here before possibly in the Triang 1/20 topic.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CollectorandrestorerMark

Re: Lincoln International toys 4 years, 7 months ago #25

Platinum Boarder

Re: Lincoln International toys 4 years, 2 months ago #26

Platinum Boarder
I believe this BMW Isseta to be made by Lincoln Toys , going by the registration plate & the figure. It has a tinplate base & marked Empire Made. The nice thing is that the steering wheel & figure are still with it & the door handle which you have to turn to open. Needs a clean & the motor is loose making it sit low at the back, no hardship to make good.

The following user(s) said Thank You: CollectorandrestorerMark

Re: Lincoln International toys 4 years, 2 months ago #27

Platinum Boarder
That is a great toy and thanks for showing. You can really see the size difference in the two you show. What is the small one, Spot-On?

Re: Lincoln International toys 4 years, 2 months ago #28

Platinum Boarder
Thanks Nobleco, yes the smaller one is Spot-On.

Re: Lincoln International toys 4 years, 2 months ago #29

An amazing find Andy, well done.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy66

Re: Lincoln International toys 4 years, 2 months ago #30

Platinum Boarder
All cleaned up & motor secured, i will have o find a replacement headlight lense.

The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL, CollectorandrestorerMark