Lincoln International toys
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Yes, we know it's a little bit of a contradiction in terms, but here's where you can talk about Norev, Minialuxe, Siku, Polistil, Tomte, Auburn, Sun Rubber or any other ready-made model car that's made of plastic or rubber. Hey, they're still cast in dies!

TOPIC: Lincoln International toys

Lincoln International toys 7 years, 3 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
These are models by Lincoln International Hong Kong the Cortinas are battery operated one has the batteries in the base the other two have handsets. One is the Z Cars police version the other two are Safari rally winners. The Velocette is friction drive & is the model used as P.C McGary's motorcycle in the Watch With Mother TV series

Trumpton. Other models used in Trumpton/Camberwick Green were the Diesel series lorry Farmer bell & the Sindy Doll MG was used in the garage,

Re: Lincoln International toys 7 years, 3 months ago #2

Andy,
I don't know how you do it, but every time you amaze me (us) with a truckload of fantastics cars.
It is so nice, thanks mate!

Re: Lincoln International toys 7 years, 3 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
It is my pleasure to share my hobby with others it is nice to show & look at other peoples collections,  my collection spans over most of my nearly 48 years that is why I post models in all types of state , many of them I played with as a child, my serious collecting started when I was 15.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Lincoln International toys 4 years, 8 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
Whilst I was looking for the Corgi book in my cupboard I found this Mk1 Jaguar which I forgot that I had. I have not shown any of these models in detail on this topic so as I get time I will add some more.

I was told by the seller who sold me the Z Car Cortina Police car that these plain cardboard boxed ones were the Rep's ones which were taken around to various toy shops. 

Re: Lincoln International toys 4 years, 8 months ago #5

How on earth can you forget having a beautiful car like that

Does the remote still work?

Re: Lincoln International toys 4 years, 8 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
It would have had a very colourful box top. The model shown below is the same car but with the addition of the 'Fire Chief' roof beacon, the boxes were very similar.

So yes, it could be a reps example you have with the plain corrugated cardboard top and bottom. The 'Fire Chief' version's box above has a corrugated bottom section, so all they seemed to have done is make a slightly larger plain corrugate top section.

Rollerman.

Re: Lincoln International toys 4 years, 8 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
I have bought so many toys over the years & I am not a seller, I have another Lincoln Jag somewhere else too, I remember I have  the Cortina's as I remember the Z Cars one in a collectors shop years , I am pretty sure this is working.

Thanks for the picture Rollerman, the box for the Z Cars has fantastic artwork but I have the cardboard one , I will have to show the other's I have in detail.

Re: Lincoln International toys 4 years, 6 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder

Found it , here is the "Reps" box with the Z Cars Cortina I have, note that the car has no police makings on it & never did.

Last Edit: 4 years, 6 months ago by Andy66.

Re: Lincoln International toys 4 years, 6 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
Really interesting to see these!

Re: Lincoln International toys 4 years, 6 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
Here are the others in closer pictures, the remote control also had a microphone a horn & a whistle it made the car go forward or backwards the head lights work . I am unsure on why they put the same remote on the African rally car though. The red car just had the battery in the base with forward & backwards operation with head lights.

Re: Lincoln International toys 4 years, 6 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
Looks like you need to make a replacement for the signal light on the white Castrol Cortina. These are nice and I have never seen them here in Canada.

Re: Lincoln International toys 4 years, 6 months ago #12

Platinum Boarder
Thanks all , I am leaving these  alone  the red version is very rare.

Re: Lincoln International toys 4 years, 6 months ago #13

Platinum Boarder
Just a little 'nit-picking' you say S African Rally car. The box says Safari Rally winning Ford Cortina. The Safari Rally had a full title of 'The East African Safari Rally' it was run mainly in Kenya. It didn't go any where near South Africa.
Have fun
Terry

Re: Lincoln International toys 4 years, 6 months ago #14

Platinum Boarder
Thanks Terry , "Never Eat Shreaded Wheat", i don't know why but I had South on my mind when typing, I will edit, the car has African rally on the box

Re: Lincoln International toys 4 years, 6 months ago #15

Platinum Boarder
The mnemonic I preferred to use was NEWS
Have fun
Terry