Tomte Laerdal Company.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Yes, we know it's a little bit of a contradiction in terms, but here's where you can talk about Norev, Minialuxe, Siku, Polistil, Tomte, Auburn, Sun Rubber or any other ready-made model car that's made of plastic or rubber. Hey, they're still cast in dies!

TOPIC: Tomte Laerdal Company.

Re: Tomte Laerdal Company. 9 years, 1 month ago #31

Cam

Platinum Boarder
I did indeed Jim. It was at what was probably the best garage sale I have been to in years. Lots of really cool stuff for everyone and really good prices.

I also managed to score a bunch of Dinky's, Corgi's, and Lesney's from an older gentleman in town I had transported to the Island for tests. When he found out what my hobby was he gave me a box of toys as his kids and grandkids had no interest in them and were just going to throw them out.

Cam

Re: Tomte Laerdal Company. 9 years, 1 month ago #32

Platinum Boarder
That was real nice of the gentleman and the Renault looks good too.

Re: Tomte Laerdal Company. 9 years, 1 month ago #33

Platinum Boarder
ha ha welcome to the tomte collecting craze Cam  i agree there is something about them. Galanite is also worth looking into as they are better detailed than tomte yet cheaper to buy
Last Edit: 9 years, 1 month ago by tomte2007.

Re: Tomte Laerdal Company. 9 years, 1 month ago #34

Cam

Platinum Boarder
There is indeed something special about them. I do wish I had picked up all the ones I have seen at garage sales etc in the past. Ebay prices seem a bit out of touch I think. I will keep my eyes open for the others ones as well.

Cam

Re: Tomte Laerdal Company. 9 years, 1 month ago #35

Platinum Boarder
Yes I don't let them slip by now well that depends on the price thou.

Re: Tomte Laerdal Company. 8 years, 10 months ago #36

Cam

Platinum Boarder
We finished our two month trip across Canada and I have managed to increase my Tomte collection substantially. These are what I have added to it, although I am always open to offers of ones I still need if I have something you wish to trade.

Cam

The following user(s) said Thank You: GunnerJim

Re: Tomte Laerdal Company. 8 years, 8 months ago #37

Cam

Platinum Boarder
Well, I have truly been bitten by this bug so continue my search for the Tomte Toys. I am slowly expanding my collection, but I do have a question for the experts. My research indicates some models were not made in some colours, such as the #7 Chevy Stake Truck doesn't seem to have been made in green. I also notice that the #27 Volvo, 28 Datsun, 29 plain Beetle, 30 Renault R5, 31 Pninfarina, and 32 Renault 23TL were not made in orange? 

Does anyone have any evidence to the contrary?

Cam

Re: Tomte Laerdal Company. 8 years, 8 months ago #38

Hello Cam

I can't(and haven't earlier)  find any evidence of the existence too

Re: Tomte Laerdal Company. 8 years, 8 months ago #39

Platinum Boarder
Sorry to say Cam I wouldn't have a clue either, although I do keep a bit of a eye open when trolling the Sunday Markets now and again to add to my very small collection. I have and mainly concentrating on Super Kings and the odd military as usual.
Last Edit: 8 years, 8 months ago by GunnerJim.

Re: Tomte Laerdal Company. 8 years, 8 months ago #40

Cam

Platinum Boarder
If anyone wants to trade or sell some Tomte Toys to help with my collection, this is what I need to fill the holes.

Below is a list of the extras I have to swap. 

Cam
Last Edit: 8 years, 8 months ago by Cam.

Re: Tomte Laerdal Company. 8 years, 7 months ago #41

Cam

Platinum Boarder
I finally found a different way to display my Tomte collection. I got a store display from a Zellers that was going out of business and picked this up for 25 dollars. I managed to locate some more hooks for it as well. I think it does a great job of showing them off. Not quite enough room for the whole set, but I am missing so many it does nicely for now.

I don't know why the software on this forum insists on putting the first picture sideways, but I can't seem to change it. So everyone lean wwaaaayy over to the right!

Cam

Last Edit: 8 years, 7 months ago by Cam.

Re: Tomte Laerdal Company. 8 years, 7 months ago #42

Nice display cabinet, lucky for you there is space enough.

How about the cabinets in the back, some intersting cars too tgere

Re: Tomte Laerdal Company. 8 years, 7 months ago #43

Platinum Boarder
I cannot understand why it wants to lay on its side. Anyway good sort of display cabinet.

Re: Tomte Laerdal Company. 8 years, 7 months ago #44

Fresh Boarder
Hello.
Take a look at a little portion of my Tomte VW´s at www.tomte.no/vw
Thanks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GunnerJim

Re: Tomte Laerdal Company. 8 years, 7 months ago #45

Cool website with super nice Tomte Cars.

Thanks for the link Richard