Yes, we know it's a little bit of a contradiction in terms, but here's where you can talk about Norev, Minialuxe, Siku, Polistil, Tomte, Auburn, Sun Rubber or any other ready-made model car that's made of plastic or rubber. Hey, they're still cast in dies!

TOPIC: Tudor Rose England

Re: Tudor Rose England 6 years, 3 months ago #91

Platinum Boarder
Thanks Andy, yes, I left one side in the sun, unfortunately. Now compare both models: part of the front bumper missing on the very same side!

Talking about the silver base, mine is fine.......the axles???? I have been talking to my dad about this yesterday. He was already a Tudor Rose expert in the early days, and he already recognized the weak parts, as he said in 1958...............here the bottom:

Last Edit: 6 years, 3 months ago by Keesie.

Re: Tudor Rose England 6 years, 3 months ago #92

Platinum Boarder
That has kept them in good condition. The ones I have had trouble with are legs which the axle clips into at the bottoms.

Re: Tudor Rose England 6 years, 3 months ago #93

Platinum Boarder
Isn't that fun that you mentioned the weakness of the axles, and my dad already repaired it 58 or so years ago?! in fact, I do not remember the truck with metal axles. Also, talking to my dad yesterday, I said I never in those years I took the screws out and the wheels off to see how he did it. There are only screws visable through the wheel centres, and there is NO movement between lugs and plastic.

Re: Tudor Rose England 5 years, 3 months ago #94

Fresh Boarder
Hi All,

Wondering if anyone here knows what this Tudor Rose model was called? I suspect my father got this between 1950-1960. I haven't seen any other photos like this dump truck and am hoping to track down two replacement wheels.

Best

Last Edit: 5 years, 3 months ago by SBLittle.

Re: Tudor Rose England 5 years, 3 months ago #95

Platinum Boarder
Welcome to Planet Diecast. I don't know much abour Tudor Rose toys but this truck looks like a Euclid Dump truck. I have no idea who might have tires for it. Another member or 2 probably know though.

Re: Tudor Rose England 5 years, 3 months ago #96

Platinum Boarder
Hello SBlittle, welcome to the forum and thank's for posting a picture of what is a pretty huge truck.

I know of Three versions of that truck all based on the same chassis and wheel layout, an Army troop carrier, a cattle truck with of course a simulated open slatted rear section in the typical steak truck fasion and the tipper (Quarry Truck), you have posted above.

Tudor Rose do indeed make their own version of a Euclid Quarry Truck in hard plastic and this big truck could be said to be based on the same design, so as Jim says it does look like a Euclid.

You may have seen already from the previous posts in this thread that Tudor Rose were quite a prolific producer of plastic toys and were in a positio to offer several levels of quality toy ranges.

Your big truck is from a later 1970's range of toys designed to emulate the more popular 'TONKA TOYS' models.

The wheel and tyre combination was borrowed from their own heavy duty farm Tractor of which different versions were made of that and being designed to compliment the trucks so were part of the same range and if you can find one of the Tractors, the wheels can be used for your truck, but you may not be able to find the correct colours. If you only need the tyres then that will be OK, you can still use the tyres from the back wheels of the Tractor.

Your big truck probably has Three circular logos on the underside showing the toy is...

A, MADE IN ENGLAND.

B, TUDOR ROSE PLASTIC PRODUCTS.

C, THIS ITEM IS A TUDOR ROSE DESIGN.

Please let me know if yours is missing any of them.

I hope that has helped you.

Rollerman.

Re: Tudor Rose England 5 years ago #97

Platinum Boarder
This truck is Tudor Rose style but just says Made In England on base, looks like a  Bedford , it has holes in the top of wings for the indicators.

Re: Tudor Rose England 5 years ago #98

Platinum Boarder
Hi Andy.

Sorry for my absence on the forum. My Father went into Hospital on 9th December and he is not expected to come Home. He is very poorly with problems the Doctors are finding difficult to treat and I spend as much time as I can with him.

Your plastic Tudor Rose type truck is by 'POPLAR PLASTICS' a company with direct connections to Tudor Rose through a Mr Islyn Thomas, responsible for setting up several toy companies in England and Wales.

The example below has a different cargo area, but the rest is like yours and it would have been marketed as a very basic toy range, hence the cheap to source poly bag and header card.

Not clear in the picture at bottom left on the header card, is the 'PP' logo, but see my image below.

Hope that helps.

Rollerman.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tick

Re: Tudor Rose England 5 years ago #99

Platinum Boarder
Rollerman , sorry to hear about your dad, I had noticed that you have not been on here, like you say you must spend as much time as you can with him, I hope all goes as well as it can.

Many thanks for your knowledge again, if there is a man who knows about plastic toys it is you.

Regards

Andy

Re: Tudor Rose England 5 years ago #100

Platinum Boarder
Great knowledge sharing here!!!!

Sorry to hear about your father Rollerman

Re: Tudor Rose England 5 years ago #101

Platinum Boarder
Did not know where to post this so if the Mods want to remove then do so.

My Dad passed away around early afternoon on Sunday 8th Jan. He did not quite make it to His Birthday on Monday the 9th.

I will be away from the forum again while I sort things out.

Kevin (The Rollerman).

Re: Tudor Rose England 5 years ago #102

Platinum Boarder
My Condolences to you, Kevin. It is a hard time. I hope it all goes smoothy for you.
How old was your Dad, if you don't mind me asking.

Re: Tudor Rose England 5 years ago #103

Platinum Boarder
Nobleco wrote:
My Condolences to you, Kevin. It is a hard time. I hope it all goes smoothy for you.
How old was your Dad, if you don't mind me asking.

Thank you Jim. He would have been 83 on Monday 9th Jan.

Kevin.

Re: Tudor Rose England 5 years ago #104

My sincere condolances Kevin, try remembering the good times you and your father spent together

Re: Tudor Rose England 5 years ago #105

Platinum Boarder
Thank you Theo.

Kevin.