Yes, we know it's a little bit of a contradiction in terms, but here's where you can talk about Norev, Minialuxe, Siku, Polistil, Tomte, Auburn, Sun Rubber or any other ready-made model car that's made of plastic or rubber. Hey, they're still cast in dies!

TOPIC: Tudor Rose England

Re: Tudor Rose England 6 years, 3 months ago #76

Platinum Boarder
I can not copy picture but this looks to be the one you had, it is on Tudor rose plastic lorry image's 4th line down 4th in from left.

Re: Tudor Rose England 6 years, 3 months ago #77

Platinum Boarder
Best I can do but glad it is the one.

Great photo of you & truck.

Last Edit: 6 years, 3 months ago by Andy66.

Re: Tudor Rose England 6 years, 3 months ago #78

Platinum Boarder
Thanks Andy. Eh....how do you know it is me in the picture?

Re: Tudor Rose England 6 years, 3 months ago #79

Platinum Boarder
I guess it is you , or is it not you?

Re: Tudor Rose England 6 years, 3 months ago #80

Platinum Boarder
Ok, ok, it is me. This is also me.

Re: Tudor Rose England 6 years, 3 months ago #81

Platinum Boarder
Did someone mention Tudor Rose...

...here you go Andy, is this picture better!

Rollerman.

Re: Tudor Rose England 6 years, 3 months ago #82

Platinum Boarder
You are late.....

First picture taken Feburary 1957. Second picture taken July 2014. Same spot.
The following user(s) said Thank You: karls

Re: Tudor Rose England 6 years, 3 months ago #83

Platinum Boarder
Yeah sorry Keesie, I was polishing up all my Tudor Rose Buses and Trucks...!!

When we meet at Sandown in November, you're not going to point those legs of yours in my direction are you, please don't!

Rollerman.

Re: Tudor Rose England 6 years, 3 months ago #84

Platinum Boarder
Appologies accepted RM.  I will cover my legs, but in that picture I wanted to look a young kid of course........(I rememberit it was very warm)

We lived in that (rental)house from 1956 till 1965. I got the idea of adressing the people who live there now, explain that we once lived there, and to my surpirse we were invited.

Told my mum and dad we would go for a ride. We stopped at our old house, walked arround, and at the appointed time I rang the doorbell. You should have seen my dad's eyes. Only then they realized it was a set up. I took out my Tudor Rose truck, and we had a nice time! My dad once took that picture in 1957, and now he took it again!
Last Edit: 6 years, 3 months ago by Keesie.

Re: Tudor Rose England 6 years, 3 months ago #85

Platinum Boarder
That is a great story Keesie and nice of the people to let you do the picture with your model Truck and a thank you to your Father for also joining in with the fun.

Rollerman.

Re: Tudor Rose England 6 years, 3 months ago #86

Platinum Boarder
great finish to the story , before & after pictures really good. Do you have a close up of the truck

Re: Tudor Rose England 6 years, 3 months ago #87

Platinum Boarder
Look at post #81. Same truck but the colors are swapped around.

Re: Tudor Rose England 6 years, 3 months ago #88

Platinum Boarder
I don't have this in my collection, so do not have close up pictures of this truck.

Rollerman.
Last Edit: 6 years, 3 months ago by TheRollerman.

Re: Tudor Rose England 6 years, 3 months ago #89

Platinum Boarder
Thanks so much guys. Andy, of course I have close up pictures, but I suppose you don't want to a see my legs........RM, of course it is in my collection, as the is the only TR I have. I did not want to show them right away of course, build up the tension first. A lot of things happened to my truck in between the first and the last picture. Please compare VERY closely with the same truck in other colours......

Last Edit: 6 years, 3 months ago by Keesie.

Re: Tudor Rose England 6 years, 3 months ago #90

Platinum Boarder
It is great to see this, the light has discoloured it but it is still in very good condition. One thing which I noticed with Tudor Rose toys like this , is the silver plastic becomes very brittle more than the other colours , you have to be careful when taking them apart to wash especially the lugs which hold the axles in they tend to break off very easily.
Last Edit: 6 years, 3 months ago by Andy66.