Yes, we know it's a little bit of a contradiction in terms, but here's where you can talk about Norev, Minialuxe, Siku, Polistil, Tomte, Auburn, Sun Rubber or any other ready-made model car that's made of plastic or rubber. Hey, they're still cast in dies!

TOPIC: Tudor Rose England

Re: Tudor Rose England 9 months ago #121

Platinum Boarder
It's been a while since this topic was on here ,I have a very nice add to my collection, i will show pictures when it arrives

Re: Tudor Rose England 8 months, 3 weeks ago #122

Platinum Boarder
<p>This one is the Bedford CA minibus , it is the model shown on my boxed van which shows a Delivery man with the van with side windows, very pleased to have got this as you see plenty of the vans by Tudor Rose but not many of this version, I wonder if they did this also in the smaller scale
upload images online</p>
Last Edit: 8 months, 3 weeks ago by Andy66.

Re: Tudor Rose England 8 months, 3 weeks ago #123

Platinum Boarder
The way the door works you lucky to have it on these models. Looks to me like it would be easy to loose.

Re: Tudor Rose England 8 months, 3 weeks ago #124

Platinum Boarder
Any idea what the holes in the front are fore? Tow Arm? or signage?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy66

Re: Tudor Rose England 8 months, 3 weeks ago #125

Platinum Boarder
Very good point on these models, with these models as they simply pushed together the doors etc were easy to come off & get lost , my thoughts are that the holes are not in the other model & I think that they were added to put a string through so as the toy could be pulled along , although they may have made the holes then filled them in as they didn't get played with in this way, a big ? on this.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: Tudor Rose England 8 months, 3 weeks ago #126

Platinum Boarder
That could very well be the reason the holes were there. I do know that when I was kid there was a truck I had that you could sit on. It had a steering wheel sticking straight up through the cab so you could push your way around a room or up and down the sidewalk. It had a handle that would clip into the front so that Mom or Dad or older sibling could use to pull or tow a smaller child around with. Would be fun to find out for sure.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy66

Re: Tudor Rose England 8 months, 3 weeks ago #127

Platinum Boarder
Moulded in off white the model with side windows was marketed as an Ambulance and would have had a bell and lamp inserted into those two holes.

Rollerman.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco, Andy66

Re: Tudor Rose England 8 months, 3 weeks ago #128

Platinum Boarder
Most helpful. Never would have thought of that.

Re: Tudor Rose England 8 months, 3 weeks ago #129

Platinum Boarder
That would be a nice find if you could get one , it would be nice to see a picture of one. I once spoke to a seller on Ebay who lived near the factory & now collects Tudor rose he had a great knowledge on these toys & told me a story of how he & his brother would use the badly moulded Batmobiles thrown out at the factory as a skate! how rare are they now! , he also said of a fire at the factory.

Re: Tudor Rose England 8 months, 3 weeks ago #130

Platinum Boarder
I have heard of the Batmobile - skates story before so I don't think it is as unique has the ebayer has led you to believe!!

Rollerman.

Re: Tudor Rose England 8 months, 3 weeks ago #131

Platinum Boarder
I recall his ebay name was something like Duke etc something.

Re: Tudor Rose England 7 months, 1 week ago #132

Expert Boarder
Just purchased four of the large veteran cars - two by Tudor Rose and two Nacoral versions/ All of these came in what is claimed to be original boxes - The Nacoral versions are in correct boxes for the model - ie Rolls Royce box and Morris box - but the boxes are marked Tudor Rose. Does anyone know if the Nacoral versions did come in "Tudor Rose" boxes ?

Re: Tudor Rose England 7 months ago #133

I don't know, sorry

Re: Tudor Rose England 7 months ago #134

Andy do you have a separate room (or a separate house perhaps ) for all the models? Your collection growing and growing

Re: Tudor Rose England 7 months ago #135

Platinum Boarder
Julian98 , Rollerman will be able to answer your question.

RoutemasterNL , your question is rather apt for what I have been discussing with my wife, my collection has taken over , it spans my whole life of nearly 54 years, I have around 35 pedal cars , 7 Raleigh Choppers, many many large scale toy cars, a massive plastic collection as well as a mountain of all makes die cast, I also have various other toys including dolls houses.
My dream was to have a museum but as life ponders on I have to realise that this will never happen , It was a nice dream though , I have never thrown away any of my toys , I once sold two Austin J40's which I truly regret , swapped a couple of Sharna pedal Rolls
Royces but apart from that I still have my life in toys. Which sadly are boxed away & taking room up. I don't have the bottle to sell but I get pleasure on showing my collection on here , which one day I will get my boxed Corgi/ Dinky toys out from the late 70's / 80's & show on here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL