Yes, we know it's a little bit of a contradiction in terms, but here's where you can talk about Norev, Minialuxe, Siku, Polistil, Tomte, Auburn, Sun Rubber or any other ready-made model car that's made of plastic or rubber. Hey, they're still cast in dies!

TOPIC: Frog kits by Triang

Re: Frog kits by Triang 4 years, 5 months ago #16

Platinum Boarder
Very nice to see, would love any of these Frog car kits, must have been great for the lucky kids that received them!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy66

Re: Frog kits by Triang 4 years, 5 months ago #17

Platinum Boarder
I thought that I had put the E-Type on here, may be on another topic, so will add pictures here. The kit seems to be complete but I will not make it up , this is the way it will stay in my collection.

The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL, CollectorandrestorerMark

Re: Frog kits by Triang 4 years, 5 months ago #18

Platinum Boarder
never heard of these great kits. Thanks for sharing.

Re: Frog kits by Triang 3 years, 5 months ago #19

Platinum Boarder
I managed to get the Austin 7 Quick Fit car this week, I need the Morris Mini Cooper & Austin 1100 to complete the set.

The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Frog kits by Triang 3 years, 5 months ago #20

the chrome parts are outstanding,

Re: Frog kits by Triang 3 years, 4 months ago #21

Platinum Boarder
The chrome is great, it looks fine without the stickers added to it.

Re: Frog kits by Triang 3 years, 4 months ago #22

Platinum Boarder
I agree, the chrome really does the trick on this beauty.

Re: Frog kits by Triang 3 years, 4 months ago #23

Platinum Boarder
It would be great to get a chrome spray like this finish.

Re: Frog kits by Triang 3 years, 4 months ago #24

Gold Boarder
Try the 'Molotow Liquid Chrome' pen, they give a brilliant finish and are great for restoring chrome on old diecasts, plastic kits etc. Refills are available, and some modellers have used it through an airbrush with marvellous results. There are some video features posted on YouTube, and look for the product on Ebay. You won't be disappointed!
- Kevin.

Re: Frog kits by Triang 3 years, 4 months ago #25

Platinum Boarder
If you want Chrome in a spray bomb try the Plastikot Chrome Bumper Paint. It works great.

Re: Frog kits by Triang 3 years, 4 months ago #26

Platinum Boarder
Many thanks, I have seen these pens & I will get one, I will also look to see if we can get the Plastikot here.

Re: Frog kits by Triang 3 years, 4 months ago #27

Platinum Boarder
You should be able to as it is sold world wide from what I have seen.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy66

Re: Frog kits by Triang 3 years, 4 months ago #28

Gold Boarder
Hi Jim,
Plastikote Chrome Bumper Paint is readily available here in Britain, I've tried it and found it to be more of a bright silver, but not having the reflective quality of chrome (which the Molotow certainly does have). I've tried various brands of "chrome spray" and "chrome-a-like" wheel finish paints over the years, both for modelling and full-size automotive work, but Molotow is by far the best yet.

Re: Frog kits by Triang 3 years, 4 months ago #29

Platinum Boarder
I have searched over the years for a good chrome paint and have fallen short or a good realistic one. This PlatiKote is the closest I have come to chrome. On small parts it looks great but on larger areas, like the doors on the Corgi Express Delivery Trailer, it falls short of looking like good chrome and is more like you say, a bright silver.

Re: Frog kits by Triang 3 years, 4 months ago #30

Gold Boarder
Jim, take a look on YouTube for Molotow Chrome Pen, there have been several postings showing it in use, and being sprayed with an airbrush with outstanding results,
- Kevin.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco