Yes, we know it's a little bit of a contradiction in terms, but here's where you can talk about Norev, Minialuxe, Siku, Polistil, Tomte, Auburn, Sun Rubber or any other ready-made model car that's made of plastic or rubber. Hey, they're still cast in dies!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Mettoy Plastic

Re: Mettoy Plastic 6 months ago #16

Platinum Boarder
I could not make heads of tails of that box side until I saved it and looked at it zoomed in. This explains how the "automatic' water pump works. Ingenious for the time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy66

Re: Mettoy Plastic 5 months, 3 weeks ago #17

Platinum Boarder
<p>Great thread - I had no idea there were so many big plastic Mettoy's!  I wonder how many they converted to Corgi Toys and if it was on purpose?</p>

Re: Mettoy Plastic 3 months, 1 week ago #18

Platinum Boarder
I was lucky enough to get another Ford Consul in green, apart from the aerial being cropped and a couple of hairline cracks it is in excellent condition, I will keep this in the box as the blue one is my cabinet. Pictured together with the Zephyr they are great toys.

Re: Mettoy Plastic 3 months, 1 week ago #19

Platinum Boarder
Another great buy. You just keep coming up with these.

Re: Mettoy Plastic 3 months ago #20

Good score Andy, tbh I have seen worse looking aerials

Re: Mettoy Plastic 3 months ago #21

Platinum Boarder
I know what you mean at least most of it has survived, I like the colour of this one as it matches the era of the colours out at the time tis car was new.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Mettoy Plastic 3 months ago #22

Platinum Boarder
Its hard enough to find just one of these let alone three of them and one of them being the kit version, fantastic models no doubt about it and you can see why the diecast Corgi models were so successful with whoever designed the plastic models on their team!

Re: Mettoy Plastic 3 months ago #23

Platinum Boarder
For those not famaliar with the kit version, here is the box top.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco, RoutemasterNL, Andy66

Re: Mettoy Plastic 3 months ago #24

Platinum Boarder
thanks for showing the kit box, The zephyr was bought at a toy fair they used to have a Picketts Lock near Enfield , I bought it well over 15 years ago possibly near 20 , it wasn't cheap at the time and the seller had an unmade one for sale too and it was a pretty price but fantastic to see it untouched in its kit form if I had not have seen this I would have took it for granted that it was sold as made up model.
I pictured these on the Triang 1/20 topic with the Mk2 Zephyr , I don't believe they did the Zephyr in any other colour but I have seen a red Consul , they are indeed very desirable models.
  • Page: