Yes, we know it's a little bit of a contradiction in terms, but here's where you can talk about Norev, Minialuxe, Siku, Polistil, Tomte, Auburn, Sun Rubber or any other ready-made model car that's made of plastic or rubber. Hey, they're still cast in dies!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Mettoy Plastic

Mettoy Plastic 6 years, 9 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
Here are some Mettoy plastic toy commercial veihcles. again the art work is brilliant on the boxes. I have heard that the tanker was given to some of the National Benzole staff & as the tanker top lifts of was used as a cigarette box, not sure if this is true.The dust cart is rare especially complete with it's dustbins, The milk float is more common I also have a bakers van & Fruit & veg van although they are slightly warped.

Re: Mettoy Plastic 6 years, 9 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Wow these are really nice, I'd love to get into vintage large models but unfortunatley do not have the space or money.

Re: Mettoy Plastic 6 years, 8 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
They do take up space, I now can not compete with the prices plastic makes now, I can remember people shunning these models at toy fairs it is only recently that the prices have risen.

Re: Mettoy Plastic 1 year, 4 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
<p>I thought I had put this model in this topic before but I can only find it on the Triang Minic 1/20 topic, anyways a seller I buy from made this very nice re-pro box for my Ford Consul, it is a good job &amp; the artwork by Mettoy is fantastic. To get an original box is very rare &amp; I have never seen one. 
</p>
Last Edit: 1 year, 4 months ago by Andy66.

Re: Mettoy Plastic 1 year, 4 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
I will add these models to this , i have more of the grocery vans like the milk van shown.
This is the MK1 Ford Zephyr , this came as a kit for you to assemble, also is the smaller scale (in original box) Austin A60 Cambridge which Mettoy used with there dolls houses or sold separately like this one.
It is worth mentioning that the Consul & the A60 were early models in the Corgi Toy range.

tcf bank locations near me
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco, RoutemasterNL

Re: Mettoy Plastic 1 year, 4 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
<p>Those are very special Andy, and indeed very rare to have them in their boxes. Mettoy was in fact the company from which Corgi Toys appeared. As you say they are plastic, I have to read the first part of the Corgi Bible again, thought they were tin plate.</p>
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy66

Re: Mettoy Plastic 1 year, 4 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
If anyone has the consul & wants a re-pro box send me a pm & I will get in touch with the guy who made it for you.

Re: Mettoy Plastic 1 year, 2 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
I repaired the damage to the body of the Consul & front bumper, I will match the blue better at a later date.

Re: Mettoy Plastic 1 year, 2 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
Good job on the patch for the door top. Looks like you got a good match on the paint too. Another recovery of a great old toy.

Re: Mettoy Plastic 1 year, 2 months ago #10

Another good job Andy. From a distance the color looks okay to me

Re: Mettoy Plastic 1 year, 2 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
great job indeed.
I really like these plastic models.
  • Page: