Yes, we know it's a little bit of a contradiction in terms, but here's where you can talk about Norev, Minialuxe, Siku, Polistil, Tomte, Auburn, Sun Rubber or any other ready-made model car that's made of plastic or rubber. Hey, they're still cast in dies!

TOPIC: Cereal Box Toys

Cereal Box Toys 7 years, 6 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
I have kept from my childhood a small collection of cars from Kellogs breakfast cereals.

Made by Rosenhain & Lipmann from Melbourne, the later production was moved to Mexico around 1978. The ones I have are mostly Vintage and Veteran cars, Bullnose Morris Cowley , early Bugatti, Renault.

These are clip together kits and I assembled and detailed a couple when I was a lot younger which I photographed with a Dinky MG to show the size.

Re: Cereal Box Toys 7 years, 6 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Wow they are very well detailed, I remember as a kid we had some very similar.

Re: Cereal Box Toys 7 years, 6 months ago #3

I can't remember having toys with cereals when I was younger. You did well hanging on to these.

Re: Cereal Box Toys 7 years, 6 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
I will post pictures later of a couple of Chitty Bang Bang cars which came free with a cereal , one is unopened & still in it's paper bag, the other was torn so I took it out to photograph. I think the  wings were cut from the box as they are not in the pack with the car

This is another interesting project keep it up all I am intrigued.
Last Edit: 7 years, 6 months ago by Andy66.

Re: Cereal Box Toys 7 years, 6 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Anybody remember those baking soda submarines that you got in Kellogg's corn flakes?

Re: Cereal Box Toys 7 years, 6 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
Wow yes I do, God that takes me back.

Re: Cereal Box Toys 7 years, 6 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
Back in the 80s they resurrected them and at the time a show  called the flying sub was being shown and it was around bommy night so I undid some fireworks rockets air bombs etc stuffed the sub with the powder and instead of flying around like the sub in the show it just went bang and there wasnt much left of the sub...

Re: Cereal Box Toys 7 years, 6 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
Happy days, I did the same sort of thing with Airfix aeroplanes, Good old days. Love your avatar pic, is it yours?

Re: Cereal Box Toys 7 years, 6 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
I once saved up the tokens from Frosties  for a RAF helicopter kit in the late 70's  & never received it !

I might complain to them & get a years free supply!
The following user(s) said Thank You: michael77

Re: Cereal Box Toys 7 years, 6 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
Chitty Chitty Bang bang. The unopened one appears to be orangey red

Re: Cereal Box Toys 7 years, 6 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
Never seen them before mate. Who gave them away? and what date do you think?

Re: Cereal Box Toys 7 years, 6 months ago #12

Platinum Boarder
Did you have to cut tokens of the cereal box or did they fall into the breakfast bowl? Never seen these before and thanks for sharing

Re: Cereal Box Toys 7 years, 6 months ago #13

Platinum Boarder
I think it was Kelloggs not sure though. Someone may know on here?

I would say that they came in with the cereal hence the paper bag they are in.

Re: Cereal Box Toys 7 years, 6 months ago #14

Platinum Boarder
A quick google and found this ad for the chitty cereal gift

Last Edit: 7 years, 6 months ago by michael77.

Re: Cereal Box Toys 7 years, 6 months ago #15

Platinum Boarder
That makes joining this site, well worth while, many thanks Michael77 that is absolutely brilliant , I now know where this model came from & it has made my day love this nostalga.