Before & after FB Victor
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Yes, we know it's a little bit of a contradiction in terms, but here's where you can talk about Norev, Minialuxe, Siku, Polistil, Tomte, Auburn, Sun Rubber or any other ready-made model car that's made of plastic or rubber. Hey, they're still cast in dies!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Before & after FB Victor

Before & after FB Victor 10 years, 6 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
This was what my Vauxhall FB Victor looked when I purchased it, Luckily after a good soak in tepid water the paint came off, I believe it is a Clifford model.

Re: Before & after FB Victor 10 years, 6 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Wow you were very lucky there mate, cos that would have taken hours with plastic paint stripper. Was the pink emulsion?

Re: Before & after FB Victor 10 years, 6 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
I think that it was either that or a thinned out oil paint as it came off after a few soaks.

Re: Before & after FB Victor 10 years, 6 months ago #4

Now that is what I call a rescue! You did well
What is tepid water?

Re: Before & after FB Victor 10 years, 6 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Thanks mate, tepid water is hot water but not boiling , so as not to distort the plastic shell. I normally test & scrape the paint with my finger nail if it scrapes off easily then it can usually  be removed this way.
Last Edit: 10 years, 6 months ago by Andy66.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Before & after FB Victor 10 years, 6 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
Looks great, looks just like the Dinky Toys version they did in yellow.

Re: Before & after FB Victor 10 years, 6 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
ANDY66,   Well done.  I have just let plastic cars sit overnight in luke warm to start with. Next day wipes off.

Nie save.   LOOKS FACTORY TO ME  

dinkyboy

Re: Before & after FB Victor 10 years, 6 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
That's good, be careful not to have the water too hot as it may damage the plastic. I tried this as a test as when I used to be a decorator we used to soak metal door furniture which had paint on in hot water with sugar soak, the paint used to come off easy after a soak. Don't use sugar soap on plastic.

Have a look on my Telsalda & others topic there are some Dinky etc copies in plastic.

Re: Before & after FB Victor 10 years, 6 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
This sugar soak is this just hot water with sugar added to it??

Re: Before & after FB Victor 10 years, 6 months ago #10

Great save and that was a easy fix... but these are great items and we all appricate seeing these wonderful non diecast items you are showing on here....

Niall

Re: Before & after FB Victor 10 years, 6 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
Dinkyjay, Sugar soap is a decorating  product for washing paint down before you repaint.

I am glad you are all interested in these models I will keep posting pictures you will hopefully see some models which not many people know were produced.
  • Page: