Triang Minic Electric 1/20
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Yes, we know it's a little bit of a contradiction in terms, but here's where you can talk about Norev, Minialuxe, Siku, Polistil, Tomte, Auburn, Sun Rubber or any other ready-made model car that's made of plastic or rubber. Hey, they're still cast in dies!

TOPIC: Triang Minic Electric 1/20

Re: Triang Minic Electric 1/20 9 months, 1 week ago #271

Platinum Boarder
This may sound funny but I simply use my wife's hairdryer it has a few settings and i put them on max.

Re: Triang Minic Electric 1/20 9 months, 1 week ago #272

Platinum Boarder
Hey you use what is at hand.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy66

Re: Triang Minic Electric 1/20 6 months, 3 weeks ago #273

Platinum Boarder
I managed to get hold of a mint catalogue , it has always been a mystery why a Mercedes is shown on the front cover as they never made one in the 1/20 series.

The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Triang Minic Electric 1/20 6 months, 3 weeks ago #274

Platinum Boarder
Nice to see and it makes you wonder who made up the cover photo if they did not make that car in the scale of the catalogue.

Re: Triang Minic Electric 1/20 6 months, 3 weeks ago #275

Platinum Boarder
There art department used to mix-n-match ideas because Spot-on sets had box lids showing the Rolls-Royce and Bentley 1/20th scale cars despite them not being in the Spot-on range.

They made a c64th scale Mereceds-Benz in the smaller Tria-ang Minic slot car range.

Re: Triang Minic Electric 1/20 6 months, 3 weeks ago #276

Platinum Boarder
Thanks Rollerman , I always looked at this cover and thought was they going to make one but this answers my mystery.

Re: Triang Minic Electric 1/20 1 month, 1 week ago #277

Platinum Boarder
<p>although I have this model already, this one came up at a very good price, it also came with the price list and brochure, the one I have has a damaged wi<span style="font-size: 12.16px;">url]ndscreen so it was worth buying , underneath those waterslides was a very nice condition Bentley , it has a slight crack to the rear wing but it is now in my collection.</span><span style="font-size: 12.16px;">
post image onlinendscreen so it was worth buying , underneath those waterslides was a very nice condition Bentley , it has a slight crack to the rear wing but it is now in my collection.</span></p>
Last Edit: 1 month, 1 week ago by Andy66.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: Triang Minic Electric 1/20 1 month, 1 week ago #278

That'sa great find. I assume the transfers are for an aeroplane?

Re: Triang Minic Electric 1/20 1 month, 1 week ago #279

Platinum Boarder
I believe that they would have been, not that they suited the Bentley , someone in their youth must have thought so.

Re: Triang Minic Electric 1/20 1 month, 1 week ago #280

Platinum Boarder
Maybe an inspiring young piolet Andy66. It is a great treasure to have included the price guide and brochure in the box as well. Good find.

Re: Triang Minic Electric 1/20 1 month ago #281

Platinum Boarder
I had a couple of nice finds , I got the Hillman Minx from Oxfam , so the money has gone to charity, the box is mint and has no model name or numbers on the flaps as some often did, I will not do anything to this as the former owner has painted it and "customised it".
The second is a very rare G & R Wren Mini , which was made from the actual Triang mould, it is a pull back and go model and if you look closely at the base you can see the markings of where the battery holder was.
The front bumper with spot lamps is not original , I will keep a look out for an original although this will be had and it kind of suits the mode.
Pictures to follow

Re: Triang Minic Electric 1/20 1 month ago #282

Platinum Boarder

The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco, RoutemasterNL

Re: Triang Minic Electric 1/20 4 weeks, 1 day ago #283

Excellent finds, thanks for sharing!

Re: Triang Minic Electric 1/20 4 weeks, 1 day ago #284

Platinum Boarder
I have tided up the Minx adding the chrome side strip , painting the hub caps back to full diameter and painting the interior which the previous owner made of card , the tin interior must have got lost.
With regards the Mini G&R Wrenn made toy trains and were involved with Triang hence the model.

The following user(s) said Thank You: GunnerJim

Re: Triang Minic Electric 1/20 4 weeks, 1 day ago #285

Platinum Boarder
That improves the cars looks for sure. Nice job