Triang Minic Electric 1/20
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Yes, we know it's a little bit of a contradiction in terms, but here's where you can talk about Norev, Minialuxe, Siku, Polistil, Tomte, Auburn, Sun Rubber or any other ready-made model car that's made of plastic or rubber. Hey, they're still cast in dies!

TOPIC: Triang Minic Electric 1/20

Re: Triang Minic Electric 1/20 1 month, 3 weeks ago #256

Platinum Boarder
Both the black & grey , white & blue Anglia's were cream when they left the factory, they were painted by their owners to match their cars hence the black & grey one was a copy of my dad's real car & 7214MC was it's registration, the others have their original Triang registrations.
I may have mentioned before in this topic that my dad used to keep this on a shelf where I couldn't reach it when I was small, it was hidden under a "Boothes Gin" red lion pub advert figure.Every now & then when I pestered him , he would get it down so i could look at it, he promised me that when I could look after it with out breaking it I could have it, when I was 16 he gave it to me, there is a possibility that this set in my young mind my collection as it is now , it most certainly started my collection up of these Triang Minic Electric models.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco, RoutemasterNL

Re: Triang Minic Electric 1/20 1 month, 3 weeks ago #257

Platinum Boarder
These are really nice to see all together like you have photographed them. The newest to your collection, the Blue with white roof sure cleaned up nicely. Can you not find these chrome strips in a hobby shop over your way? Seems like model car and truck builders would use something like them.

Re: Triang Minic Electric 1/20 1 month, 3 weeks ago #258

Platinum Boarder
Although I live in London, hobby shops are few & far between, I will eventually find something it won't be that difficult.

Re: Triang Minic Electric 1/20 1 month, 3 weeks ago #259

Platinum Boarder
There must be on line shops that sell something similar. I should take a look.

Re: Triang Minic Electric 1/20 1 month, 3 weeks ago #260

for making cards you can buy sheets with silver colored stickers. Words, but lines too. I used them on my handmade Routemaster to mimic the silver window frames
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: Triang Minic Electric 1/20 1 month, 3 weeks ago #261

Platinum Boarder
The making of a new strip is quite simple , the problem with these models is that the body has holes all down the side (as the real cars with side trim had) to which the trim fitted into & was heat welded, the unfortunate fact with these models is that distort badly so I have found in the past the best way is to replace the missing parts of the trim individually o as it follows the line to which the body has resorted to , if you replace the whole trim it would still have to be all up & down to cover the holes.
I made the missing pieces from a WD40 straw which I cut in half length way & covered with metal chrome tape

The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: Triang Minic Electric 1/20 1 month, 3 weeks ago #262

that is a clever solution. And precise cutting required
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy66

Re: Triang Minic Electric 1/20 1 month, 3 weeks ago #263

Platinum Boarder
I like the way you can implemize bits of plastic to replace broken or missing plastic parts of some of these toys, Andy.

Re: Triang Minic Electric 1/20 1 month, 3 weeks ago #264

Platinum Boarder
<p>Very good idea and accomplishes the task at hand at no expense but for the straw. Nice use of junk for parts.</p>
Last Edit: 1 month, 3 weeks ago by Nobleco.

Re: Triang Minic Electric 1/20 1 month, 3 weeks ago #265

Platinum Boarder
I still have all my fingers intact doing this, it is very tedious , when i repaired the green Hillman Minx shown in earlier pages , i think I used the spare cord from a Black & Decker strimmer as it was the same diameter.

Re: Triang Minic Electric 1/20 1 month, 3 weeks ago #266

Platinum Boarder
I think the straw would be easier to cut than the trimmer line. Mine is square and twisted, not round. They always break too soon and you waste cord. Not that it is expensive but I can't do what you did. I have WD40 and Wasp spray and Spider spray that all have a straw to direct the spray where you want. Dang wasps keep trying to get in behind our siding on the back deck. I have a couple vent pipes from the basement where the sewer lines leave the house that come up beside the house and through the roof. Where the joint is on the old style wax and cotton joints were used in the pipes and in the soffits. Pain every year but one spray in there with the foam type and it kills for weeks. Problem solved until next year.