Triang Minic Electric 1/20
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Yes, we know it's a little bit of a contradiction in terms, but here's where you can talk about Norev, Minialuxe, Siku, Polistil, Tomte, Auburn, Sun Rubber or any other ready-made model car that's made of plastic or rubber. Hey, they're still cast in dies!

TOPIC: Triang Minic Electric 1/20

Re: Triang Minic Electric 1/20 8 months, 3 weeks ago #241

and different hub caps too

Re: Triang Minic Electric 1/20 8 months, 3 weeks ago #242

Platinum Boarder
The blue one is missing the hubcaps , I have plans for this may be a code 3 in Triang 1/20.

classes needed for forensic anthropology
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Triang Minic Electric 1/20 8 months, 3 weeks ago #243

Platinum Boarder
This Healey came together nicely and in short order too. Looking good.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy66

Re: Triang Minic Electric 1/20 6 months, 2 weeks ago #244

Platinum Boarder
I have a couple of the same models coming to my collection soon, they are very interesting , I will show when they come.

Re: Triang Minic Electric 1/20 6 months, 1 week ago #245

Platinum Boarder
This one arrived today, it is the sort after maroon Ford Anglia, I am waiting on another & will put the pictures on when it comes.

The following user(s) said Thank You: blackstone

Re: Triang Minic Electric 1/20 6 months, 1 week ago #246

Platinum Boarder
<p>You have a real collection there Andy! 1/20 scale, as the box says, so quite big!</p>
<p>The upper part (roof, pillars) are a bit like the Consul, especially the rear window, as not many cars had the rear window like that. Interesting boxes too with all those coloured squares. Are they all electric? The right side strip of the dark purple one seems to be damaged. Easy repair maybe?</p>
<p>I like the model as it looks a bit like the early Daf models as well. One thing that does not seem completely right though is the front grille and bumper. By doing the whole unit in silver it seems too big. I think it would have been better by making a split and do the middle section in the colour of the car.</p>
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy66

Re: Triang Minic Electric 1/20 6 months, 1 week ago #247

Platinum Boarder
I have replaced the chrome strip missing , with regards the grill this is exactly how the Ford Anglia Deluxe grill & bumper was , a very faint part of the body colour would have been seen between the grill & bumper , the base model had a body colour slated grill as did the Ford Thames (Anglia) van these base cars are rare now.
With regards these 1/20 scale models by Triang I have said before they were probably the most accurate(in every way) model cars of their day , even to this day they take a lot of beating.

Re: Triang Minic Electric 1/20 6 months, 1 week ago #248

Platinum Boarder

Re: Triang Minic Electric 1/20 6 months, 1 week ago #249

Platinum Boarder
<p>Good you did the chrome strip. I did not mean to say the model is wrong, because no doubt it is according to the real car. Thing is, I think Ford could have done a better job with what I said. Mind you, even to this day I can mention dozens of details on Ford cars which could have been designed better, even with cheaper materials. Yes, also with the car I recently bought......but that's me.</p>
<p> </p>

Re: Triang Minic Electric 1/20 6 months, 1 week ago #250

Platinum Boarder
<p>What about this?</p>
<p>
</p>

Re: Triang Minic Electric 1/20 6 months, 1 week ago #251

Platinum Boarder
Point taken , Keesie I see what you mean, a lot of Anglia owners removed the grill completely , so there was just an oblong hole with paintwork to the indicators , which on the super models had a side light Incorporated into them.

Re: Triang Minic Electric 1/20 6 months, 1 week ago #252

Platinum Boarder
Changes the whole look of the front end like that. Now I think the grille is too small. Should cover more so the gap between the bumper and grille is smaller. Just my thoughts. I love the design of this car and always have admired it. I have a couple in my collection.

Re: Triang Minic Electric 1/20 6 months, 1 week ago #253

Platinum Boarder
The other one came today, the paint job is very good & a good colour match to the real car.
The chrome trim was very badly distorted so I have repaired it best I can for now.
Back in the day you must have been able to buy sticky chrome strips as this one had the quarter lights done the same as the one my dad did, they were off this one but I could see where they were & replaced them.
I will post pictures next as there are a few, these are quite a rare model in the series so it is nice to see this line up.

Re: Triang Minic Electric 1/20 6 months, 1 week ago #254

Platinum Boarder

Re: Triang Minic Electric 1/20 6 months, 1 week ago #255

Quite a line-up!.A saw the warped chrome trim on the blue Anglia. Under trat trim, the color is cream. So did they paint the car blue in the factory after the trim was mounted?