Triang Minic Electric 1/20
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Yes, we know it's a little bit of a contradiction in terms, but here's where you can talk about Norev, Minialuxe, Siku, Polistil, Tomte, Auburn, Sun Rubber or any other ready-made model car that's made of plastic or rubber. Hey, they're still cast in dies!

TOPIC: Triang Minic Electric 1/20

Re: Triang Minic Electric 1/20 2 years, 11 months ago #211

Platinum Boarder
Another different colour for my collection , this time a blue MGA, it has a small repair to the back but the car is complete apart from a headlight & side light, it is boxed & has it's instruction leaflet. The colour suits this car well.

The cream one has the colour marked in a stick on box as does one of my Zephyr boxes which has sticker marked convertble

The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL, CollectorandrestorerMark

Re: Triang Minic Electric 1/20 2 years, 11 months ago #212

Platinum Boarder
Hi Andy the headlight lens and missing parking light should be easy enough for you to fix, going by your experience in this field. The rear damage on the boot lid or luggage compartment. Is the plastic fractured and has some sticky tap holding it together. Bit hard to guess this side of the screen.

I must say the Tri-ang instruction booklet is a real plus in any collection.

Many cheers.
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by GunnerJim.

Re: Triang Minic Electric 1/20 2 years, 11 months ago #213

Platinum Boarder
I will have a go with the lights, the repair to the back however is an old repair & the glue has stained it, the plus side is that there was a finger print of glue on the boot which I got off by flat & polishing it.

Re: Triang Minic Electric 1/20 2 years, 11 months ago #214

Platinum Boarder
Damage like that is difficult to repair. If another Blue example could be found in far worse condition but the rear section was good, I would do a cut and shut job.

Cut out the damaged area on the victim model, cut out the identical area on the donor model, carefully fettle the new section until it fits perfectly in the space on the victim model.

Do a secret fix on the inside by smearing the barest minimum of clear varnish over the whole join. If you have done a good enough job making the new section fit, using varnish to secure it should be enough. If you use a glue it will likely discolour the surrounding plastic because it will be well past it use by date and be very prone to ouside influences such as modern glues. The plastic used on these models is not Styrene based so we don't really want to be putting modern glues onto parts that are visible. varnish is the way to go.

There should not be anything else to do unless the donor model was very dirty so a polishing session might be all thats needed, but you have worked on a lot of different plastic models you will know what is best for polishing (Armourall is quite good!).

Rollerman.

Re: Triang Minic Electric 1/20 2 years, 11 months ago #215

Platinum Boarder
with other models I would try this but unfortunately with these models &as with the Victory Industry ones the models distort & to line one up would be a miracle.

Re: Triang Minic Electric 1/20 2 years, 11 months ago #216

Platinum Boarder
Thanks for advising me of the condition and the inability to repair the damage section. Old glue smeared over the plastic rear that is cracked spit fractured beyond repair by the looks of it.

The only method that could be possible is to strengthen the damaged area from the inside of the rear body by placing a backing plastic backing cover over the damaged area from the inside. Even some of the modern type glues these days may do. Then again it might not be a good idea to dismantle due to the way the chassis is married to the body and may change the price of the value. Then again I have mixed feelings of this as well.

Anyway Andy I will leave it with you as I can see the MG toy still will be a wonderful display item on any collectors shelf.

Many cheers.

Re: Triang Minic Electric 1/20 2 years, 4 months ago #217

Platinum Boarder
Finally got a Vanwall in good condition & boxed to complete my 1/20 collection, I am still on the look out for different colour models to add.

The following user(s) said Thank You: CollectorandrestorerMark

Re: Triang Minic Electric 1/20 2 years, 4 months ago #218

Platinum Boarder
Fantastic including box in 1/20 scale. Excellent.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy66

Re: Triang Minic Electric 1/20 1 year, 11 months ago #219

Platinum Boarder
<p>It's a while since I have got anything new in the Triang 1/20's but I managed to get a near mint &amp; boxed red Vauxhall Victor, the red is the more common colour &amp; I have had trouble getting one but it was worth the wait, my table would be too small to display the whole collection now!</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>

Re: Triang Minic Electric 1/20 1 year, 11 months ago #220

Platinum Boarder
Looks like a bigger table. I am going by your photos these Vauxhall Victor toys and boxes look like in exhalant condition. Yes well worth the long wait to get these that is for sure. So what year do you think these would have been released onto the toy market. Andy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy66

Re: Triang Minic Electric 1/20 1 year, 11 months ago #221

Platinum Boarder
I think that Triang started this series in the late fifties , as Victory Industries of Guildford started their series of large scale "electric" cars in 1957 & I believe that Triang started their series shortly after. Victory Industries cars had aluminium bumpers , grills & door handles etc & are very desirable, I have a topic on here showing my models & is worth looking at if you like these fifties cars in this size scale.
Triang made theirs from mostly plastic with tin printed interiors, as I have said before in my opinion they are the nicest models of all the toy car world.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GunnerJim

Re: Triang Minic Electric 1/20 1 year, 11 months ago #222

Platinum Boarder
They look beautiful in all their glory. I like the printed interior, it add a small piece of that period of car manufacture that is not around much now. Not often you see plaid seats.

Re: Triang Minic Electric 1/20 1 year, 11 months ago #223

Platinum Boarder
Many years ago , there was a collectors shop in Greenwich by the Cutty Sark , called "Unique Collections" , I remember going in there on my first visit to the shop & they had a glass display cabinet on the right of their till desk, inside two models stood out to me & were out of my price range, the Lincoln International "Z Cars" Ford Cortina & the Red Triang Vauxhall Victor, both models sat proudly on their original boxes & I remember the tartan seats printed on the tin plate seats in the Victor, I bought a mint but un-boxed Dinky green Hillman Imp that day & thought one day , a good few years later & i own the full set of these wonderful models including different (but not all) colour variations I also have the Lincoln International Z Cars Cortina as well as other variations of this model.
Please don't think I am bragging over this as I am not , it shows that after collecting cars for most of my 52 years of life that jigsaws come together no matter how long it takes.

Re: Triang Minic Electric 1/20 1 year, 11 months ago #224

Platinum Boarder
Oh my 52 years of collecting toy cars, hell that is a long time including your knowledge Andy on this subject and many thanks too for answering my question on the age of those Victor Vauxhall of late 1950's into the 1960's does ring a bell somewhere in the back of my brain as I was still collecting toys in that time slot.

Re: Triang Minic Electric 1/20 1 year, 11 months ago #225

good score Andy. beautiful