Triang Minic Electric 1/20
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Yes, we know it's a little bit of a contradiction in terms, but here's where you can talk about Norev, Minialuxe, Siku, Polistil, Tomte, Auburn, Sun Rubber or any other ready-made model car that's made of plastic or rubber. Hey, they're still cast in dies!

TOPIC: Triang Minic Electric 1/20

Re: Triang Minic Electric 1/20 6 years, 9 months ago #196

Platinum Boarder
Looks like you lost the 600 on the rear plates. Will you replace that? It is a nice looking model and now that it is complete and cleaned it looks great. Nice addition to your collection

Re: Triang Minic Electric 1/20 6 years, 9 months ago #197

Platinum Boarder
That Zephyr looks fabulous! Another one I don't think I've seen!

Re: Triang Minic Electric 1/20 6 years, 9 months ago #198

Platinum Boarder
Many thanks all, I still keep an eye out for rare colours in the 1/20 series, I missed out on a black Jag a few months ago but it sold for good money , to my knowledge the cream Zephyr I have is the rarest. I also bought six white wall tyres for these a couple of years ago & put them away , these tyres were tired so I have changed them & kept the old as spares.

I was gutted I messed the rear no. plate up , if you look at the first photo the 600 is just coming away from the body , as it is water slide it just crumbled away when I was  cleaning it, lesson to be learned as I did not notice it was coming away so I will double check in future, a new one will be made up.

Last Edit: 6 years, 9 months ago by Andy66.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CollectorandrestorerMark

Re: Triang Minic Electric 1/20 6 years, 9 months ago #199

Platinum Boarder
Looks terrific, just like the 1950's when those white wheel trims were said to make the car look faster. Now it is those Bling mags.
Last Edit: 6 years, 9 months ago by GunnerJim.

Re: Triang Minic Electric 1/20 6 years, 9 months ago #200

Platinum Boarder
I hear ya on the decals and too bad they had lifted. Hard to save them but if you spray water on them, don't touch them, you can soften the decal material and might be able to press it back into place. That would be for a next time, of course. A new set you make up will be just as good and freshen the rear up some. Sure looks nice with the new Whitewalls but there may come a car that looks better as a yard find with old white wall tires. Love to see a messed up one of these in a garage find type diorama with a tarp covering part of it, old broken doors on the garage and stuff and junk all around. Old tools hanging on the walls outside and in would also look great. I ramble but sure would look good with an old wrecked up car.

Re: Triang Minic Electric 1/20 6 years, 9 months ago #201

Platinum Boarder
Thought this may be of interest. This is from the 1957 December issue of the Meccano magazine.

Last Edit: 6 years, 9 months ago by StuartR.

Re: Triang Minic Electric 1/20 6 years, 9 months ago #202

Platinum Boarder
Good to look into the past in black and white.

Re: Triang Minic Electric 1/20 6 years, 9 months ago #203

Platinum Boarder
Really nice to see this old advertisement, these models were as close to the real thing & the advert in black & white really tells the truth as to the exact detail Triang bought into a toy.

Re: Triang Minic Electric 1/20 6 years, 9 months ago #204

Platinum Boarder
I love old model car adverts. Here is another for the 20th scale models from 1959.

Rollerman.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy66, CollectorandrestorerMark

Re: Triang Minic Electric 1/20 6 years, 9 months ago #205

Platinum Boarder
You are a wealth of knowledge Rollerman. Thanks, as I can read from history that the Vauxhall Victor was released in 1957 while the other models depicted were in production at that particular time too. Excellent art work great stuff.

Re: Triang Minic Electric 1/20 6 years, 9 months ago #206

Platinum Boarder
Here are a couple of the adverts which came with the models. 

I have added the no. plates to the car now & as a treat for anyone who likes the MK2 Ford ( these are High Line models) I have pictured the ones I have in my collection, some rare colours here, i believe there to be a darker red version & possibly a black but not sure.

The cream & turquoise models have plain white seats

Note the rear view mirror in the convertablea

The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco, RoutemasterNL, CollectorandrestorerMark

Re: Triang Minic Electric 1/20 6 years, 9 months ago #207

A superb collection!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy66

Re: Triang Minic Electric 1/20 6 years, 9 months ago #208

Platinum Boarder
Wow, that is really nice to see. Quite the collection you have there Andy. They look good all in a line up like that. I see you have one more car to redo the license plates on, the green convertible. Do you have boxes for all of them or just the three in the rear?

Re: Triang Minic Electric 1/20 6 years, 9 months ago #209

Platinum Boarder
Oh yes Andy collection has grown over the years. Faint memories as it is. I can still remember those school holidays when we would go down to the Ford factory and take a tour watching those Ford workers building up the bodies from KD imported Mk two Zephyr's on the assembly line.
Last Edit: 6 years, 9 months ago by GunnerJim.

Re: Triang Minic Electric 1/20 6 years, 9 months ago #210

Platinum Boarder
Many thanks, these cars are my favourite of all time, a few years back I was tempted to buy a real one I had a friend who was well into them & he owned many, he had a beautiful whit Consul convertble which I had as my wedding car along with a Consul saloon.

I have the boxes for 5 of them.
Last Edit: 6 years, 9 months ago by Andy66.