Triang Minic Electric 1/20
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Yes, we know it's a little bit of a contradiction in terms, but here's where you can talk about Norev, Minialuxe, Siku, Polistil, Tomte, Auburn, Sun Rubber or any other ready-made model car that's made of plastic or rubber. Hey, they're still cast in dies!

TOPIC: Triang Minic Electric 1/20

Re: Triang Minic Electric 1/20 7 years, 9 months ago #16

Platinum Boarder
Now that is a nice set! just look at that box artwork FAB. Andy your right you cant argue with that they have got to be the best UK toy company.

Re: Triang Minic Electric 1/20 7 years, 9 months ago #17

Fresh Boarder
Hi,

Great collection maybe you could help me out. I am starting to make replacement parts for these and am having some bumpers, door handles and hub caps cast to start with - see attached. I am missing some number plates, do any of your models have any of these - LBL 955, LGJ 588, TGW 218, ZPH 652 that I could photograph so I can have some transfers made?

Al

Re: Triang Minic Electric 1/20 7 years, 9 months ago #18

You did well with your casting techniques Al. The parts look great. These are for Triangs only?

Re: Triang Minic Electric 1/20 7 years, 9 months ago #19

Fresh Boarder
These were made by a mould and casting company in the uk called Langley Models, they are cast in pewter and I have to polish them.

Al

Re: Triang Minic Electric 1/20 7 years, 9 months ago #20

Fresh Boarder
Sorry, just reread your reply yes just for the Triang 1/20th range. I also do similar for the Victory Industries as you know and even though Triang made more of their range in the late fifties early sixties they are far rarer than the Victory models. The Victory models are made of  a tough plastic with more robust  aluminium metal parts and as they are larger seem to keep appearing especially on Ebay

Two of the rarest Victory models are the Rapier crane and the yellow Vigor tractor and of course those models that were gold plated plastic for the toy shows.

Al
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Triang Minic Electric 1/20 7 years, 9 months ago #21

Great to see parts being remade for these old Triang items....

I did get two Victory Industries Morris Minors at one time, sold them on and made good money....and both had warping damage..

Niall

Re: Triang Minic Electric 1/20 7 years, 9 months ago #22

Platinum Boarder
Hi Startiger, it is great to see some spares being made for these models, I have had a check & unfortunately do not own any models with these no. plates.

Have you thought of making any spares for Telsalda / Lucky toys.

I have some bright work missing from my Victory Somerset,  bonnet strip, boot handle & a wing light do you make these?

Re: Triang Minic Electric 1/20 7 years, 9 months ago #23

Andy

This might interest you and the Price is OK...

www.ebay.ie/itm/VICTORY-INDUSTRIES-LEYLA...;hash=item1c3bc056c3

Niall

Re: Triang Minic Electric 1/20 7 years, 9 months ago #24

Platinum Boarder
Thanks Niall, a couple of these have come up recently, I have the yellow one, they are quite rare & red is the rarer colour

Re: Triang Minic Electric 1/20 7 years, 9 months ago #25

Platinum Boarder
I love the artwork on the leyland comet box.

Re: Triang Minic Electric 1/20 7 years, 9 months ago #26

Fresh Boarder
The rarest Comet Tipper is the one with the white cab

Alan

Re: Triang Minic Electric 1/20 7 years, 9 months ago #27

Fresh Boarder
Andy,

I wonder if you could photograph some of your collection and send to my email address This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it as I dont seem to be able to download any photos from here. I have about twenty of these mostly incomplete and would like photos of your Anglia, blue Zephyr, green Zephyr convertible, green Victor, green Minx and caravan from both top and underneath. Do any of your models have the rubber belt to back wheels drive or are they all toothed gear from the motor?

Regards

Alan

Re: Triang Minic Electric 1/20 7 years, 9 months ago #28

Platinum Boarder
Alan

I will do when I get time. The Anglia's are belt drive.

Re: Triang Minic Electric 1/20 7 years, 8 months ago #29

Platinum Boarder
When I bought the caravan it had the towing frame missing , so I made one up, I did not think I would get an original. That was until last week when an original empty box came up on Ebay which included the un-used accessories complete with the towing frame, tow hook for car , unuesde no. plates for caravan & car & a set of jack legs which I had on the caravan already. It was not cheap but a good find & it completes a rare item.

Re: Triang Minic Electric 1/20 7 years, 8 months ago #30

very nice find. Are you going to replace the home made triangle for the original one?