Telsalda Hong Kong & Others...
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Yes, we know it's a little bit of a contradiction in terms, but here's where you can talk about Norev, Minialuxe, Siku, Polistil, Tomte, Auburn, Sun Rubber or any other ready-made model car that's made of plastic or rubber. Hey, they're still cast in dies!

TOPIC: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others...

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 4 months ago #1801

Nice finds Andy!. The shoe is great

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 4 months ago #1802

Platinum Boarder
I saw a Football Boot Race car on Ebay a few weeks ago for three figures not sure on why ? hopefully Rollerman may have some info for this and the Sunbeam Rapier.

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 4 months ago #1803

Platinum Boarder
Checking back I see I have missed a few posts so just to catch up...
Rover is indeed by TAT in about 1/40ish scale and is model number 72. The Studebaker I think is from a very little known name of HAGLON.

The football boot race car with CW is unusual but I only know of two other toys from CW and both are Ferrari Grand Prix cars!
The dark red Sunbeam is actually from Lucky but from their early years before the adoption of the Lucky Horse Shoe logo. They re-issued this model later on under the Lucky Toys logo in the 1960s. Nice to see such early Lucky toys.

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 4 months ago #1804

Platinum Boarder
Many thanks Rollerman , be interesting to know the other early Lucky Toys models which came out with the Sunbeam. I have never heard of Haglon so will keep an eye out for them now.
This is another addition the rarer Austin 1800 by TAT , a light blue version, I also have a red one but can't find it at the moment, the green one is complete with figures , the same as the Thames Minibus and VW camper , they are the hardest figures to fit correctly in all my models!

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 4 months ago #1805

Platinum Boarder
Looks like one passenger is well over 6 feet as he does not fit. Driver is also tall but I see he is in place.

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 3 months, 4 weeks ago #1806

Platinum Boarder
<p>I got some nice additions this week firstly a complete Brands Hatch set to go with my other sets , this time with a pale blue MK10 Jag, then I got a Mercedes 230 SL with a good set of wheels and a rear quarter bumper to put on the cream one I made up a few years back , I may make the missing parts for the red one as it it looks good in red. Then from the same seller I got a very nice Ford Mustang missing its boot lid and front bumper , I have made and replaced them, not sure of the maker may be Clifford / Cragstan , it has Made in Hong Kong and number 505 on a red base. Pictures next</p>
Last Edit: 3 months, 4 weeks ago by Andy66.

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 3 months, 4 weeks ago #1807

Platinum Boarder
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 3 months, 4 weeks ago #1808

Platinum Boarder
Nice cars you have found and great work on repairing them. Thanks for showing them to us. They look great now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy66

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 3 months, 4 weeks ago #1809

Platinum Boarder
Whilst sorting out the Brands Hatch sets I found the boxed Maks Imp and another Transit van model.

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 3 months, 2 weeks ago #1810

Platinum Boarder
Another recently acquired model which was incomplete is this Bedford coach, it had the second front axle and wheel and a rear wheel missing, I have put replacements om but they are smaller so I will look out for some.

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 3 months, 2 weeks ago #1811

Is it a copy of the Dinky 954 Vega bus?

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 3 months, 2 weeks ago #1812

Platinum Boarder
It would seem that way Theo. The hubs are different for one as the Dinky uses 152 Rolls Royce Phantom hubs and 20mm tires. These looks different than that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 3 months, 2 weeks ago #1813

Platinum Boarder
It is a definite copy and the larger copy from the Hong Kong makers , with the working lights although these don't work I will look at these, the boxed one I have all works if you go back a few pages
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 3 months, 2 weeks ago #1814

Platinum Boarder
Should not be too hard to fix the lights. I guess there is a slot for battery on the underside and you have tried that.

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 3 months, 2 weeks ago #1815

Platinum Boarder
I have tried a battery, I will need to take it apart as it is probably the brass contacts causing the problem.