Telsalda Hong Kong & Others...
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Yes, we know it's a little bit of a contradiction in terms, but here's where you can talk about Norev, Minialuxe, Siku, Polistil, Tomte, Auburn, Sun Rubber or any other ready-made model car that's made of plastic or rubber. Hey, they're still cast in dies!

TOPIC: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others...

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 1 month, 1 week ago #1786

Fresh Boarder
<p>I have had lots of contact with companies who make Ford Transits and other models over the years due to my history with the van I just wish there were more of them made in plastic.  in 1984 EFCI changed there van over to Chevy G20 1/32nd model custom van they did send me a few and they are great but not a Transit,</p>

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 1 month, 1 week ago #1787

You've got a great collection Peter, thanks for sharing!

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 1 month, 1 week ago #1788

Platinum Boarder
That is a fantastic collection, I have seen your collection in I believe one of the monthly model magazines , I have quite a large collection of all types of van in both metal and plastic , my favourites are the plastic ones , I have heard of a moulded plastic Police twin wheel base mini bus I believe to be like the one I showed, have you ever seen one?

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 1 month, 1 week ago #1789

Fresh Boarder
<p> </p>
<p>The <span style="caret-color: #444444; color: #444444; font-family: Arial, Tahoma, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 14px;">moulded plastic Twin wheelers and I think thats what you are talking about does come in a Police variation. I could only find them in Germany and the </span><span style="font-family: Arial, Tahoma, Geneva, sans-serif; color: #444444;"><span style="caret-color: #444444; font-size: 14px;">Netherlands for some reason and only found 4/5 of them.  The larger plastic moulded Transit also comes in Blue like a Panda Car Blue with police stickers on. Found my ambulance and Police variations in France in the 1980s. I have loads of plastic kits and other plastic vans. 24,000 vans in all its been an amazing </span><span style="font-size: 14px;">journey hunting them down for 50 years. </span></span></p>
Last Edit: 1 month, 1 week ago by petervanlee.

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 1 month, 1 week ago #1790

Fresh Boarder
Thanks for your kind comments if there are any vans that I can help with info and pictures please let me know only to happy to help. If I can.
The following user(s) said Thank You: livefastdiecast

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 4 weeks, 1 day ago #1791

Platinum Boarder
A few more different finds , a TAT? Rover 90 , a Zee Toys Mercury Cougar , un-kown Studebaker Commander Starliner coupe and a Lucky Toys Mini Mite Buick Riviera Military police.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco, livefastdiecast, RoutemasterNL

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 2 weeks, 3 days ago #1792

Platinum Boarder
I am going to send the pictures separate , there are a lot, I got a broken TAT Vauxhall Victor FB and bought it back to life with the use of a donor model, the seats are a different colour to the dark red one I have so another colour variation.
I got a mint boxed Clifford Austin 1800 , love how the box is late sixties flower power cartoon design.
Then A Lucky Toys Datsun 240Z a late model.
And finally a Leyland Turntable Fire engine, I believe this came out at the same time as the smaller Mk3 Ford Cortina Police car I showed a couple of weeks ago?
Picture next.

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 2 weeks, 3 days ago #1793

Platinum Boarder

The following user(s) said Thank You: livefastdiecast, RoutemasterNL

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 2 weeks, 3 days ago #1794

Platinum Boarder
Some really nice cars in there. I like the Datsun 240Z car but I think they over did the size on the front and rear bumpers. Looks too large for the car and extend farther out than they should. The body looks great on it though.
Nice work on that boot lid and body panel. The bumpers look good on it now and complete it. Also nice job on fixing the cracked roof. Hardly noticeable now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy66

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 2 weeks, 3 days ago #1795

Platinum Boarder
The Datsun is late Lucky Toys and the quality went down hill , the bumpers may have been based on the American spec one.

I am pleased with Vauxhall , I simply bought it for spares as it was cheap , then realised it had a black interior so rebuild it was.

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 2 weeks, 3 days ago #1796

Platinum Boarder
Here is the 1976 the first year of the Z series. The bumper is large I give you that but I think the makers of the model could have been a bit more realistic on that one part. It looks like it should have a slot in it for a spare tire or a Jerry Can.

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 2 weeks, 3 days ago #1797

Platinum Boarder
Here is a picture of a 1976

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 2 weeks, 3 days ago #1798

Platinum Boarder
Sorry that is a 280Z the 240 was in 1969 to about 1973 then the 260Z came out in 1974 to about 1976 and the 280Z came out in 1977 and lasted until 1979 That was the end of the first generation and they sold over 520,000 units Then the car was turned into the all new second generation 280 ZX for 1979 and 1980. In 1981 out came the 280 ZX Turbo
There is more I found at this link and the car was then in a third Generation and is now in its 7th generation. A 2020 costs $31,015.00 when it came out.
Link: www.motortrend.com/features/nissan-z-car...ions-specifications/