Telsalda Hong Kong & Others...
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Yes, we know it's a little bit of a contradiction in terms, but here's where you can talk about Norev, Minialuxe, Siku, Polistil, Tomte, Auburn, Sun Rubber or any other ready-made model car that's made of plastic or rubber. Hey, they're still cast in dies!

TOPIC: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others...

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 3 months, 2 weeks ago #1771

Platinum Boarder
Oh, and post using the Quick Reply on the bottom right. Does not post all the HTML code you see in your last post.

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 3 months, 2 weeks ago #1772

Platinum Boarder
Seeing your ones together I have sorted my plastic ones including the large polythene police van by Popular Plastics England, I have included the Transits predecessor my conversion of the Thames van, I have said on here before about my relationship with the Transit , having driven all the marks and I am driving what will be my last one now as I am changing to a Transit Connect van.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco, livefastdiecast

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 3 months, 2 weeks ago #1773

Platinum Boarder
The red Mk II panel Van Transit is the 24th scale kit by Italeri.

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 3 months, 2 weeks ago #1774

Platinum Boarder
Thanks Rollerman, I believe the plain red one was by ESCI , there are Gas board and Ploice vans by Italeri, unless they are the same makers?

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 3 months, 1 week ago #1775

Junior Boarder
Andy, Italeri (formerly Italstamp and Italaerei) during the years acquired “Supermodel”, “Protar” and “ESCI”.
Here's their story if you are curious about it... www.italeri.com/en/company

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 3 months, 1 week ago #1776

Platinum Boarder
Thanks Livefastdiecast that is some more information I now know
The following user(s) said Thank You: livefastdiecast

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 3 months, 1 week ago #1777

Platinum Boarder
It was the Gas board version by Italeri that I had in my shop that's how I recognized your red one.

As ''LFD'' has now shown...Italeri and ESCI are distant cousins.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy66

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 3 months, 1 week ago #1778

Platinum Boarder
The Gas van comes up quite frequent for sale I should look at buying one and building it but it doesn't seem right making up an older model may sound weird as I restore old models

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 3 months, 1 week ago #1779

Fresh Boarder
<p>
college diner wilmington nc menu</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I will dig out some more pictures.</p>
The following user(s) said Thank You: livefastdiecast

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 3 months, 1 week ago #1780

Fresh Boarder
<p>
</p>
The following user(s) said Thank You: livefastdiecast, RoutemasterNL

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 3 months, 1 week ago #1781

Fresh Boarder
<p>
</p>
<p>the four plastic transits are a German make I have only ever got them from Germany. never spotted one in the UK.</p>

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 3 months, 1 week ago #1782

Fresh Boarder
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Esci did 3 kits in the 1980s the first was the Black box Transit made directly for Ford motor company and on sale in Garages. 2nd was Hertz 3rd was the Dakar rally.</p>
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco, RoutemasterNL

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 3 months, 1 week ago #1783

Fresh Boarder
<p>The 1984 Catalogue shows a 4th Ford Transit that was never produced by ESCI, when working with ford in Italy some years ago I tracked down one of the designers from the country purely by chance and a little luck he gave me the preproduction sample that was shown in the Catalogue and never produced.</p>
<p>
</p>

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 3 months, 1 week ago #1784

Fresh Boarder
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The Gas and Police versions are Much later models and are still available today they came out in 2017.</p>
Last Edit: 3 months, 1 week ago by petervanlee.

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 3 months, 1 week ago #1785

Fresh Boarder
<p>This larger scale is very big about 600mm long was the preproduction resin and wood sample sent to Ford in 1983 the size was rejected for the much smaller 1/24th scale model at the front.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
</p>