Telsalda Hong Kong & Others...
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Yes, we know it's a little bit of a contradiction in terms, but here's where you can talk about Norev, Minialuxe, Siku, Polistil, Tomte, Auburn, Sun Rubber or any other ready-made model car that's made of plastic or rubber. Hey, they're still cast in dies!

TOPIC: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others...

Re: QQuee 2 weeks, 2 days ago #1741

Platinum Boarder
sorry will take a picture for you, the kennels should have a plastic cover which i hinged in the middle for access to the kennels , the door at the rear is simply an opening to the underneath of kennel , possibbly to store the dogs when the toy is not in use to save them falling out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: QQuee 2 weeks, 2 days ago #1742

Platinum Boarder
Andy certainly does find the rare ones. That is about the very first version Kennel Truck.
Here is a later example.
The following user(s) said Thank You: livefastdiecast

Re: QQuee 2 weeks, 2 days ago #1743

Platinum Boarder
Thanks Rollerman, the missing kennel top will be a hard job, I will have a go when I have mended myself.

I have a very rare boxed set on its wat by NS Toys I will show when it arrives , it is a coincidence you told us about this make recently.

Re: QQuee 2 weeks, 2 days ago #1744

Great find Andy, and you have to hunt for small dogs now.

Who let the dogs out??
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy66

Re: QQuee 2 weeks, 1 day ago #1745

Platinum Boarder
Woof, Woof woof woof!

Re: QQuee 2 weeks, 1 day ago #1746

Platinum Boarder
LOL! I will be looking for some to complete it.

This was a nice find , I have seen it before on line but not boxed so I was surprised today when it came as it is a big model, it's bigger than my 1/20th Triang models .

Re: QQuee 2 weeks, 1 day ago #1747

Platinum Boarder
Looks in good shape and an Iconic car is always welcome in any collection. Nice find.

Re: QQuee 2 weeks ago #1748

Platinum Boarder
This is the base of the triumph Vittesse.

Re: QQuee 1 week, 6 days ago #1749

Platinum Boarder
This is my purchase of the NS Toys boxed set The Animal Kingdom adventure set, I showed the other sets before and this boxed sets makes me believe the truth in what the seller told me a few years back about these being an ex toy shop display as the the back of box lists the different animals available as sets , the blue and the cream Transit vans do not have friction drive motors so they I believe were what the reps gave to toy shops also i have pictured the Corgi Camera Commer van to show the copy of camera man and how they fix to the vehicle.
This makes collecting enjoyable as there is so much to learn.

Re: QQuee 1 week, 6 days ago #1750

Platinum Boarder
Incredible set and I have never seen one before. I have seen the Corgi set but not this NS set. If fact I had never heard of this maker until this thread. So much to know and so little time. Love it. Thanks

Re: QQuee 1 week, 6 days ago #1751

Platinum Boarder
The established plastic toy companies in the UK had to break the monopoly of the Corgi, Dinky and Matchbox stronghold and because of the much reduced prices of the plastic toys, the reps certainly would give shop owners free gifts or specially prepared samples.

To have those NS sets without the friction motors is a pretty rare occurrence as not many samples would have survived after shops had ceased trading. A fabulous find Andy.

Re: QQuee 1 week, 6 days ago #1752

Platinum Boarder
I always take note of what sellers tell me when they know the background of a toy , when I bought the two sets a few years ago the first thing which I noticed was the lack of motors , the one with the rack missing I bought a very long time ago and it has a motor, the back drops also give it away that they were a display , I did check the box on the set bought today to se if there was a back drop inside but there was not and by the folds in the others they would not have been in a box this size. The boxed set has not been out as the remainder of a blue elastic band remains under the van.
Quite a while back in this topic , I showed a Mak's Ford Cortina Mk1 with no motor , a plain base and a non opening bonnet , it was is in a plain white cardboard box the same size as my mint boxed one which has a motor , a marked base and an opening bonnet so this too i guessed was a Reps model.
Adding to this in the Lincoln International topic I showed a a Ford Cortina Mk1 police car which is in a plain cardboard box with a simple "Z" on the box

Re: QQuee 1 week, 6 days ago #1753

Platinum Boarder
continued , as i wrote too much for quick reply and it got lost,

The "Z" was is in black marker and on the end of box it denotes ZCAR as the set was called in the picture box,I also have a Jaguar from the same maker in a plain cardboard box, I bought both of these from a trusted seller I know , he knew a retired toy rep and bought these from him , I saw the another Cortina with the cardboard box and "Z" marked on it a couple of years ago on Ebay , I wish to this day that I had bought it.
Collecting these plastic toys gives me new knowledge in them all the time , there is always something different showing up , although my collection now takes up a lot of space and it is a shame as I have had to store it away.

Re: QQuee 1 week, 6 days ago #1754

Platinum Boarder
Maybe time to think about moving but that can be very expensive. Maybe renting a garage in the area and building some shelving to display your toys.Of course you would want it insulated and heated to protect your investments. Just a though as you could always raise the house and put a basement or another floor in. I dream of a place where I can display all my toys in one place or room.

Re: QQuee 1 week, 6 days ago #1755

Platinum Boarder
I have been wondering about the title of the posts in this thread. Is there a reason for the QQuee? I don't get it if so.