Telsalda Hong Kong & Others...
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Yes, we know it's a little bit of a contradiction in terms, but here's where you can talk about Norev, Minialuxe, Siku, Polistil, Tomte, Auburn, Sun Rubber or any other ready-made model car that's made of plastic or rubber. Hey, they're still cast in dies!

TOPIC: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others...

Re: QQuee 2 weeks, 3 days ago #1726

Platinum Boarder
I have had some good buys this week here are the first, a boxed Telsada Triumph 2000 , a NFIC Triumph 2000 a damaged Telsalda 2000 which I was able to carefully cut the boot lid off to replace the one missing on the NFIC and a CH toys TR4 , I have compared the size to the Roxy Model I already had.

Re: QQuee 2 weeks, 3 days ago #1727

Platinum Boarder
Good job on the cut out. Now you have to match the paint and then glue it in place.
Great cars and I like the TR.

Re: QQuee 2 weeks, 2 days ago #1728

Always good to have a donor car. Nice set of cars!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy66

Re: QQuee 2 weeks, 2 days ago #1729

Platinum Boarder
After a few colour matches this is the best I can make up.

Re: QQuee 2 weeks, 2 days ago #1730

Platinum Boarder
i managed to track down a High Way Patrol version of the Lucky Toys Ford Cortina Mk3 , it's interesting that this one and the Fire Chief with the white roof have different bases , wider wheel and the bonnets have rounded corners and a cross shape under them, these are latter models, the saloons have no side windows so as they are fitted with an interior, Sierra 1 showed one of these High Way ones in a set some years back.

betta fish illnesses and cures

Re: QQuee 2 weeks, 2 days ago #1731

Platinum Boarder
Nice to see and that police car was loved and played with until the wheels look like they need new tires they are so worn.
Do the wheels on this Fire Chief car have rubber tires on them?

Re: QQuee 2 weeks, 1 day ago #1732

Platinum Boarder
They are a plastic tyre which fits over the full size wheel, the police car has a plastic mould tyre which fits around the hub, the wear is due to being played with many times on a concrete floor I have many of my Matchbox / Corgi cars from when I was a kid like this as I played with them in the garden .
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: QQuee 2 weeks, 1 day ago #1733

Platinum Boarder
These are my final buys of the week, firstly an S Type Jaguar missing parts , which has gone to complete two from my caravan sets , I took the grill for my red one and the boot lid chrome number plate light holder for my green one, I will when I feel better make up the missing parts for this one as it has a very good body. The other is the rare Mak's toy Hillman Imp, I have a boxed blue one so this will complement it.

Re: QQuee 2 weeks, 1 day ago #1734

Platinum Boarder
Another donor car for the parts box now. The Jags look great. I also like the Imp. It looks to be in very nice condition, it even has an opening rear window. That is different.

Re: QQuee 2 weeks ago #1735

Platinum Boarder
Not being one to let a good model go to waste I have made all the missing parts and it is now another caravan set.

Re: QQuee 2 weeks ago #1736

Platinum Boarder
Putting my convalescents to use today and another part made today , little effort needed for either this and the Jaguar, another plastic lid used to replace the missing tailboard on the Thames truck.

The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: QQuee 2 weeks ago #1737

Platinum Boarder
Very good on the color match for this plastic lid. Good work on that Jag and the truck looks finished off now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy66

Re: QQuee 2 weeks ago #1738

Platinum Boarder
Every time I look to get these models out to photograph I looks at them and see the beauty of these toys, here are my Imps and also while getting these out I found my very rare boxed Toyota Corona, this model came out with the Capri and the Blue Bird Coupe , never seen but on my wish list, I pictured this years ago on here but here it is with it's box and it is mint.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: QQuee 1 week, 6 days ago #1739

Platinum Boarder
This one is going to be a labour of love, I got this Jimson Ford kennel truck a couple of weeks ago, it has loots to put right, it has one of it's original 12 show dogs the other looks to be the Corgi Toy police Alsatian.

The following user(s) said Thank You: livefastdiecast

Re: QQuee 1 week, 6 days ago #1740

Platinum Boarder
To detach the kennel from the truck do you access something inside the open door at the rear? You did not show what was inside, if anything. Just curious. Looks like a good job for you. I just wonder if you can find a top for it.