Telsalda Hong Kong & Others...
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Yes, we know it's a little bit of a contradiction in terms, but here's where you can talk about Norev, Minialuxe, Siku, Polistil, Tomte, Auburn, Sun Rubber or any other ready-made model car that's made of plastic or rubber. Hey, they're still cast in dies!

TOPIC: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others...

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 1 month ago #1681

Platinum Boarder
That's good to hear and a good idea for kids to get older before they play with it , enjoy the model when it comes .

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 1 month ago #1682

Platinum Boarder
I am sure I will. It is already in the mail and should be here next week. I will post pictures when it arrives.

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 4 weeks, 1 day ago #1683

Platinum Boarder
Another one added to my collection is this nice little Opel GT which I believe to be made by BBRB , not sure on the era possibly 70's ,80's to 90's?

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 4 weeks, 1 day ago #1684

Platinum Boarder
Good for you. The stickers are all still there and look intact so another plus. Racy looking car too.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy66

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 4 weeks, 1 day ago #1685

Platinum Boarder
bbrb logos are applied to the same models used by Salco and Meerhall but in fact are sourced from Jimson!

The Opel GT above is from the 1970's and a mint in box example solf for £253 a while ago on ebay!!

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 4 weeks ago #1686

A fine looking cars, never seen this one before as a scale model. Of course the real car is seen where I live quite frequently

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 4 weeks ago #1687

Platinum Boarder
Well my small contribution to this thread has arrived. The Telsalda model J0006 made in Hong Kong Cement Mixer. About 4 1/2" long

First the box.
End inside flaps are the same on both ends.

Both sides are the same but upside down from each other. This shows that someone has marked it for a garage sale of flea market.

Outside end flaps are the same both ends. They are also upside down from each other.

The last picture is of the short side of the box and it is the same both ends, not upside down on the other side.

Friction motor works but is loud.

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 4 weeks ago #1688

Platinum Boarder
Four corner shots and one of the base. It says at the top MM No. 405 Made in Hong Kong, two lines of text under the pointed MM logo.

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 3 weeks, 6 days ago #1689

Do I sense the start of another collection? I don't think the car has ever been played with.

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 3 weeks, 6 days ago #1690

Platinum Boarder
Of that I am not sure but the ad did say MIB. Box has a big crease on one side. Not bad but there and also the felt pen price and what ever was used to cover it up. Also a bit of silver paint looks rubbed off on the right front bumper. Other than that it looks brand new.

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 3 weeks, 6 days ago #1691

Platinum Boarder
Firstly Nobleco welcome to the world of the plastic friction drive toy made in Hong kong.
To get any of these toys boxed is a good find and although the box has a crease it hasn't faded as a lot of these did and all the end flaps are there , the paint on the bright work does not last as well as a diecast due to the smoothness of the plastic and rubbing on the box causes the loss of paint , Rollerman has explained about the various names these have been sold under.
all in all its a good buy , look out for one of the larger scale models next like the Ford Corsair these show up quite often and the beauty of the toy stands out with the opening features of the model.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 3 weeks, 5 days ago #1692

Platinum Boarder
I have seen what you collect but mostly I think they are in the 1:20 scale. I have limited room here and that is why I was interested in this Cement Truck. Also I worked with cement for about 30 years and still do some around the house. That aside, watching you and your enthusiasm for this toys has perked my interest. Not something I will run right out and start looking for something but every now and then I look at various toy brands to see what is on offer. Some are interesting and I watch and even bid but the price can go too high or the shipping prohibits the purchase. You just never know with this toy collecting what will perk your interest or catch your eye and you just have to have it. This is this cement mixer. right size, right price at $15.99 and $15.84 for shipping That is in Canadian dollars too.
Call me Jim

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 4 days, 13 hours ago #1693

Fresh Boarder
<pre>Hi everyone, I have been following this thread for years, but I have always been to shy to post...</pre>
<pre>I have a few Hong Kong made plastic vehicles, as soon as I figure out out to publish an image I will show you something.</pre>
<p> </p>
Last Edit: 4 days, 12 hours ago by livefastdiecast.

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 4 days, 12 hours ago #1694

<p>Hi there, posting images is easiest via www.postimages.org Select your image, and press the button as shown here. Your image is than copied and paste it into the thread</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
</p>
Last Edit: 4 days, 12 hours ago by RoutemasterNL.
The following user(s) said Thank You: livefastdiecast

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 4 days, 12 hours ago #1695

Fresh Boarder
<p>Thank you! Now I only have to get rid of the unwanted html code showed in my posts.<br />Here is a Triumph 2000 made by AIL (?)Found dirty, missing part of the baseplate and the trunk lid, here pictured after a few hours of tlc<br />
<br /><br />
<br /><br />
<br /><br />
</p>
Last Edit: 4 days, 12 hours ago by livefastdiecast.