Telsalda Hong Kong & Others...
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Yes, we know it's a little bit of a contradiction in terms, but here's where you can talk about Norev, Minialuxe, Siku, Polistil, Tomte, Auburn, Sun Rubber or any other ready-made model car that's made of plastic or rubber. Hey, they're still cast in dies!

TOPIC: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others...

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 1 month, 1 week ago #1666

Platinum Boarder
Or are they classed as a Van too?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy66

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 1 month, 1 week ago #1667

The Mak's Rms are new to me, never seen them before and thank you for sharing. I have to hunt these down now

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 1 month, 1 week ago #1668

Platinum Boarder
There is one on Ebay mint and boxed , I have not seen one before , it's start price isn't cheap.
Another one came today this time a Mercedes coach, interesting that the inside of the box has a Lucky Toy car marking on it.

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 1 month, 1 week ago #1669

Platinum Boarder
The answer for Nobleco regards the Mini's they are all vans , the Telsalda is an accurate shape, the Lincoln Ineternational ones are very roundish at the rear not a very good likeness to the van but they are quite rare and desirable models .

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 1 month ago #1670

Platinum Boarder
<p>This is a very nice bus. In great shape and looks fantastic. Says on the box Tinted windows and they are not kidding. Very blue. The other thing I notice that is different is the inside of the box it cam in. Lucky toys yes as you pointed out but the Police car printing on the inside is something I have never seen before. Have you or anyone else ever come across this before or it is an example of using up old stock?</p>
Last Edit: 1 month ago by Nobleco.

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 1 month ago #1671

Platinum Boarder
You might like these to fuel up your cars before the trip.

www.ebay.ca/itm/RARE-PETROL-PUMP-TOYS-GA...c:g:gIEAAOSwvaNgQeyq

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 1 month ago #1672

Platinum Boarder
This is something Rollerman might have some information on, I believe these models to have been sold up to late in the days of Telsalda so the boxes may have been made in the Lucky toy factory.
With the later and smaller scale Telsalda models the tinted windows dis their job of hiding the fact that the models had no interior although I have a couple not buses but cars which have tinted windows and an interior.
With my Triang Minic 1/20 model's I mentioned in the topic that some of the tin interiors especially the Ford Anglia have the Litho print of a motor bike on the underside so they were made from recycled tin in the factory.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 1 month ago #1673

Platinum Boarder
Andy, as your the collector of these toys and seem to know very much about them I have a query for you. I have found a Telsalda Cement Mixer on eBay that is only about 2.5 hours away over in the Okanagan. I was wondering if you can tell me anything about this and maybe the scale. I put in some pictures and can get more if you like.

Thanks in advance for your help and advice.
Jim
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 1 month ago #1674

Platinum Boarder
I forgot to mention that I asked the seller for a scale and he could only tell me it was 4 1/2" long.

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 1 month ago #1675

Platinum Boarder
Hi Nobleco, I am glad you have sourced a Telsalda, I too am useless at scales I have put a tape measure by my one , it is a copy of the Dinky toy model so slightly larger scale , this one looks a very good find as it has a good box and the mixer is often missing with the holder broken of so as the lorry can tow a trailer.
Its a plus go for it .

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 1 month ago #1676

Platinum Boarder
Thanks Andy. I think I will as it is a decent size and if only larger than a Dinky and not big like your 1:20 scale cars makes it even better. I wonder how it will stand up to play with my 9 year old Grandson and 7 year old Granddaughter.

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 1 month ago #1677

Platinum Boarder
Behind the scenes there was a close business relationship between Telsalda and Lucky and some models even have both names moulded onto the beaseplates.

I would imagine they sourced the boxes from the same company and finding another company's artwork on inside of boxes is quite common.

I have a Rolls-Royce novelty radio with just such a box showing it was made from a box for a Hong Kong toy car.

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 1 month ago #1678

Platinum Boarder
Jim's Cement Mixer is in very good condition and I would think twice about letting it loose with the kids!!!

It also the basic version as the mixing drum is not connected to the rear axle so will not turn when the model is pushed along a table top surface.

Please keep this as a collectible Jim!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco, Andy66

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 1 month ago #1679

Platinum Boarder
I agree with Rollerman , Nobleco , it is a collectors piece so best to buy to look after not play with , you could treat them to a little Tykes toy or look at the VW camper from Dickie toys this will defiantly be a collectors item one day but at the moment it's a very nice toy.
Thanks for the info on the boxes Rollerman I knew that you would know , have you looked at the Mettoy Consul Mk1 I have just added to my collection it is a real time warp.

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 1 month ago #1680

Platinum Boarder
I have just bought the toy. No it will not be for the kids until they are old enough to appreciate what it is. Maybe in 20 or 30 years? After I am long gone at any rate.
Thanks for the notes and tips on this truck. It looks great and I hope real life is as good as the photos show. Will take a few pics when it arrives in about a week or so.