Telsalda Hong Kong & Others...
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Yes, we know it's a little bit of a contradiction in terms, but here's where you can talk about Norev, Minialuxe, Siku, Polistil, Tomte, Auburn, Sun Rubber or any other ready-made model car that's made of plastic or rubber. Hey, they're still cast in dies!

TOPIC: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others...

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 1 month, 2 weeks ago #1651

Platinum Boarder
Thank you both, the great thing with these models is that there is always a model which comes up which I haven't seen although I am getting close to owning most of what they made , I know of a Bedford CA Romany , I have only seen it in a magazine .
With Rollerman's knowledge and my models hopefully this topic has made a wealth of information on these great models, as I said in the introduction, I used to get comments passed at toy fairs in the early days how these would never become desirable but out of my wide collection of toy cars, along with the Triang 1/20's these are my favourite models , I began seriously collecting these in the late 80's and continue to now although the prices are now high.

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 1 month, 2 weeks ago #1652

Platinum Boarder
Yes, prices are high on most toys even when they are now worth it. Too many people thinking they have something special when they don't. They ask really high prices and no one buys. Desirable models will always command a high price but so go way to far.
Beautiful collection you have and you should be very proud. Wonder what the people who used to tell you that they would never become desirable would think now a days?

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 1 month, 2 weeks ago #1653

Platinum Boarder
Not sure what they would think now as people have their own views , I never thought that when I started looking for these models that I would get the collection I have now , one day I will set them all out to show the whole lot , all makes, together but that will have to be one day when I have nothing else going on

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 1 month, 1 week ago #1654

Platinum Boarder
I have pictured all my Telsalda Ford Corsairs together , the rarest I believe is the one with the different roof racks with a rowing boat , also the Grand Prix & Monte Carlo ones , the early box & later boxed ones shown & the Clifford version , I doubt if you will see these altogether anywhere else but someone out there may have a collection.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 1 month, 1 week ago #1655

These are so nice Andy, you can see the joy you had displaying them for us in the photos!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy66

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 1 month, 1 week ago #1656

Platinum Boarder
Very nice to see all these together. One thing I did notice is that the boat motors match the trailer color. Easy to know what trailer goes with what boat that way. These are something you are obviously proud of and for good reason. They are really beautiful works of a day long gone.

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 1 month, 1 week ago #1657

Platinum Boarder
<p>Many thanks, it took me a while to sort out where I had stored some of these models , I did enjoy putting these all together , they are really nice models which were seen as cheap toys back in the day and disregarded as being collectable . I am not sure of other collections of these as we have had a few models shown on here , I know mine has really grown now and I am forgetting that I have certain models.</p>
<p>With regards the colour of the trailer they normally matched the colour of the car in the set , the white Corsair with roof rack started my hunt for these models off, I bought this from Sierra1 in the  early days when I first met him, I bought the box with only the boat and trailer hence the different colours , if you look at the blue Corsair blue trailer blue car , the same with the Cortina in previous post white car white trailer , I am sure Rollerman will correct me if I am wrong.</p>
Last Edit: 1 month, 1 week ago by Andy66.

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 1 month, 1 week ago #1658

Platinum Boarder
Thanks for that info. Makes sense. I see you have a couple green cars, one with a boat on top and one with a roof rack. From what you just said, the boat with green motor and green trailer should not be with the White car it is behind now.

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 1 month, 1 week ago #1659

Platinum Boarder
I forgot to mention, Nobleco you have pointed out what I didn't realise that is the outboard motors match the car colour too.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 1 month, 1 week ago #1660

Platinum Boarder
Glad I could be of help. I have learned a lot about these toys from your posts so I am glad that you learned from me.

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 1 month, 1 week ago #1661

Platinum Boarder
I bought a couple of incomplete Lincoln International Minis this week , with one of them came a Maks Routemaster bus, I will put the Minis in the next story.
I looked at the bus this morning and thought this is saveable , I will do the destination signs late as my daughter works her magic on the computer.
This bus is quite a nice model.

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 1 month, 1 week ago #1662

Platinum Boarder
I googled this bus and it is hard to find , I could see a red surround on the destination and part of a "Y" so as the smaller one has Toy Land I guessed it was that , then I saw a mint boxed one on Ebay so here it is

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 1 month, 1 week ago #1663

Platinum Boarder
Wonderful save with the plastic floor on the entry. Your daughter does great work on those stickers and that completes the bus. Congrats of finding a rare one.

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 1 month, 1 week ago #1664

Platinum Boarder
Thanks Nobleco, this one will be of interest to Routemaster, I will see if I can replace the two handrails missing from the deck but that will be another time.
With regards the Lincoln International that came with it, I managed to get another between the two I have managed to complete the RAC & AA vans I bought some time ago I completed these as they are rarer than the saloons & I now have a saloon to complete in time.

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 1 month, 1 week ago #1665

Platinum Boarder
That little AA Service van looks out of scale next to the Mini Countryman cars.