Telsalda Hong Kong & Others...
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Yes, we know it's a little bit of a contradiction in terms, but here's where you can talk about Norev, Minialuxe, Siku, Polistil, Tomte, Auburn, Sun Rubber or any other ready-made model car that's made of plastic or rubber. Hey, they're still cast in dies!

TOPIC: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others...

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 2 months, 4 weeks ago #1636

Platinum Boarder
This is my collection of Telsalda Ford Cortina Mk1's there may be other colour variants out there but these are the ones I have.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 2 months, 4 weeks ago #1637

Thanks for showing Andy, quite a collection and all in very good condition!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy66

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 2 months, 4 weeks ago #1638

Platinum Boarder
Once you start you can't stop, that is what I get from this photo. Like Theo says, all in very good condition too. Lovely and thanks for showing the collection together.

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 2 months, 2 weeks ago #1639

Platinum Boarder
I received this other set by Roxy Toys today, it was really grubby but has cleaned up excellent , again really good that a set has survived, I have pictured with my boxed set and shown how the tow hook can be moved out of site , pictured with other makes including the "Air Flow" one by Mak's

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 2 months, 2 weeks ago #1640

Platinum Boarder
Very nice model and with a trailer too. Nice catch.

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 2 months, 2 weeks ago #1641

Fantastic looking set!

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 2 months, 2 weeks ago #1642

Platinum Boarder
I see you have got early and late issues of the Cortina. The late issue being the one with collars around the base screws to prevent fingers being snagged on the sharp screws.

Roxy are one of the biggest plastic tou companies in Hong Kong and one of the longest running producers.

They were founded in December 1965 and went out of business as recently as March 2003!

Their toy inventory was quite extensive and they produced toys for several other well known Hong Kong firms such as Clifford.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 2 months, 2 weeks ago #1643

Platinum Boarder
Thanks Rollerman , you always come up with interesting facts on these plastic models , to be honest I never noticed the difference in bases until you pointed it out , the brown one has preserved well it is a mint set.

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 2 months, 1 week ago #1644

Platinum Boarder
I have had another good buy with the sets, this time a complete boxed Ford Corsair and Speed Boat in pale blue, the base was broken but me never throwing anything away had another broken Corsair base to cut and shut onto this model, it now survives complete again

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 2 months, 1 week ago #1645

Platinum Boarder
That's the way to do it. Junk boxes come in very handy at times. Nice job.

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 2 months, 1 week ago #1646

Very nice set!

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 2 months, 1 week ago #1647

Platinum Boarder
Thank you all for your interests in these plastic models , when I joined PD over seven years ago I was weary of how these would be looked upon but all these years later this topic has has 153k views it is nice to see they are of interest.

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 2 months, 1 week ago #1648

Platinum Boarder
You don't see these often and I have never seen any of these here in BC Canada. Not even at the few fairs I have been to. You have a knack of finding them and you seem to be in love with these toys so keep it up and keep showing us what you find. Very interesting stuff.

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 2 months, 1 week ago #1649

Platinum Boarder
Quite ironic that the forum is called Planet Diecast but this thread has turned out to be one of the most popular and long may it continue!

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 2 months, 1 week ago #1650

Platinum Boarder
Well, injection molding is Die casting just not with metal so it works for me. I like following along with this thread of Andy's. Very interesting and I love the cars and trailers he shows.
Keep it up Andy and Thank you Very Much!