Telsalda Hong Kong & Others...
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Yes, we know it's a little bit of a contradiction in terms, but here's where you can talk about Norev, Minialuxe, Siku, Polistil, Tomte, Auburn, Sun Rubber or any other ready-made model car that's made of plastic or rubber. Hey, they're still cast in dies!

TOPIC: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others...

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 1 month, 3 weeks ago #1606

Platinum Boarder
Again excellent Lucky Toys made in Hong Kong being displayed on Planet Diecast by Andy. Many thanks.

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 1 month, 3 weeks ago #1607

Platinum Boarder
many thanks all, I may need to slow up for a while with buying as the Wolseley pedal car has been a big hole in my collecting expenses , although I don't regret it

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 1 month, 3 weeks ago #1608

Platinum Boarder
We all make sacrifices from time to time and this one seems well worth it this time. Take a break, you deserve it after finding that lovely Wolseley Pedal Car

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 1 month, 1 week ago #1609

Platinum Boarder
I have not seen this Jimson version of the Cortina before, I have the one with the caravan & tinted windows but it was nice to get this with an interior & a dog on the parcel shelf, it has had a replacement bonnet made , I have made it a bit better but will look to make my own.

screenshot captor
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 1 month, 1 week ago #1610

Platinum Boarder
Nice catch and that hood does not look too back but I am sure you can do better with it. Nice to have an interior with dog too.

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 1 month, 1 week ago #1611

Platinum Boarder
Keeping in the Cortina mode, I was lucky to get this boxed Telsalda one in red, as with the boxes you don't see them often , as with the line up of Telsalda Cortina's shown here.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco, RoutemasterNL

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 1 month, 1 week ago #1612

Platinum Boarder
That is a very nice car even with the boot damage. Looks good with the boat in tow and your line-up is impressive. Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL, Andy66

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 1 month, 1 week ago #1613

I always had a soft spot for the Cortina. What a beautiful collection!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy66

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 1 month ago #1614

Platinum Boarder
Hence the damaged boot , someone has cut it open ,It is a weird one regarding the boots on this model, some were glued shut at the factory & some were not , they have a the hinge in place on boot lid but there is a cover from the interior which goes over the friction motor so there is no boot space, may be Rollerman may have the answer to this.

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 1 month ago #1615

Platinum Boarder
With the cover over the motor like that and the lid being glued shut at the factory that would lead me to think the same body was used for both motored and non-motored cars they sold. It makes sense as why make a new mold with a shut trunk when you have one with the opening truck (boot) lid already.
Just my thoughts as I am not an expert on these. Like you said, maybe Rollerman can weigh in on this topic. It is interesting.

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 1 month ago #1616

Platinum Boarder
It is interesting that you mention this as Telsalda did have battery operated versions of some of their models , they had the simple lead with a battery box & a forwards & reverse switch, I have not seen a Cortina like this but you never know what will show up out of the blue with these models
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 1 month ago #1617

Platinum Boarder
I did not know they did battery powered models too. I thought they were just the friction type motor.

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 3 weeks, 2 days ago #1618

Platinum Boarder
I got another couple of rarities this week, firstly a very nice complete Telsalda Hillman Imp & secondly a complete Lucky Toys Jaguar Coupe Fire set.

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 3 weeks, 2 days ago #1619

Platinum Boarder
Very nice Hillman Imp. Looks to be near mint condition. They Fire service is new to me. Nice to see it on card and in original condition. Great finds indeed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy66

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 3 weeks, 1 day ago #1620

Platinum Boarder
Excellent finds Andy from Lucky Toys Jaguar Coupe firer chief set and the Hillman Imp. The Ford Cortina is another interesting toy by using the same molding for both the friction powered version and the one with the boot lid glued shut. Yes temptation would be on the cards to see what was inside the boot by some prying little eyes in the past.